Darker side of Victory and the chance to win it - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #11
jaysonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Isn't that already in existence & called an "EIGHT-BALL"?
Not any more
Kingpin tour tins
jaysonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 05:56 AM   #12
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
I guess if your not on facebook you can't enter.
Facebook must be paying businesses to use their site for such transactions. I see it happening more and more. My wife has a FB page and I find it to be about the most annoying thing on earth. She never uses it either. I hear even the children are shunning it now as it has become uncool and dated.

I'll pass. One less place on the internet that is gathering info on me to spam me to death...

I do subscribe to the Spotify music service. They seem to be closely linked to FB, so they probably got me anyway.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
SteveYacht

Send a message via Yahoo to SteveYacht

My bet is on a Black Suede XC with Black out trim, like the Nuclear Orange Suede.......... Everyone has wondered why no black being available with black out package.
U.S. Army Veteran
1968 Honda CB350
1973 Norton 750 Commando
1978 Suzuki 1000
1984 Honda VF700S Sabre
1985 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade
2013 Victory Cross Country
SteveYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
Tarzan
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasile View Post
Will Polaris carry parts for it, or are we on our own? Like the rest of the not-so outdated line-up ?

I know the answer, and I bet you won't address it.
They seem to have their own business model. Run a new line for a few years and then render the old lines obsolete. It doesn't make sense to me, but hey, it seems to work in the short term for them.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
jaysonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Facebook must be paying businesses to use their site for such transactions. I see it happening more and more. My wife has a FB page and I find it to be about the most annoying thing on earth. She never uses it either. I hear even the children are shunning it now as it has become uncool and dated.

I'll pass. One less place on the internet that is gathering info on me to spam me to death...

I do subscribe to the Spotify music service. They seem to be closely linked to FB, so they probably got me anyway.
Resistance is futile !!
Kingpin tour tins
jaysonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
TNXR

I was on FB for a few months when I first started to ride street bikes 5 years ago so I could share pics with my riding buddies. Found out fast that it was just another advertising scam and half the people that were my "friends" I really didn't like back years ago. I guess I am just getting old even though I am my mid-thirties or I just don't really care, one of the two.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
DakotaRider

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post

Concur SB. I subscribe to a really great Touring magazine and they have a chance to win a nice prize if you "like" them on FB. I wrote them a sincere email and they did offer to enter me into the sweepstakes if I provided name, address, phone and email address and they would enter me manually. I thought that was nice, but I still get irritated with FB getting their grubby paws into my motorcycle forums and subscriptions. Ahhhhhhh progress huh?

Current Bike:
2012 Victory - Pearl White XCT - Dutchess
Rapid City, SD
Previous Bikes:
02 Goldwing - Stream Silver Metallic GL-1800
07 Goldwing - Dark Orange Metallic GL-1800
DakotaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #18
Lem
Lifetime Premium

If the bike in the picture is the one they are talking about it looks both in the picture and the shape of the shadow to be a XC, has the hwy bars of the XC and the shadow has the XC fairing shape.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
Pop

Garage

1. Social media kind of suggests being social and accepting media as value added.
2. Faddy superflous crap that may start with and have some limited value but ends up providing an unnecessary service, f.i. Facebook, has to pass beyond "popular" before Pop would consider it.
2. I have 50 odd years of not liking and not being liked. I'm not throwing all that away.
3. I don't wear tinfoil skullcaps but I don't see anything wrong with it and gravitate towards peeps that do. Their profiles do not appear on Facebook either.
4. Adding another drop in the bucket to the Zuckerberg fortune. Remind me what benefit Pop gets besides that one in a gazillion shot at a bike I haven't seen.
5. I pay my taxes. They are used to, among other things, pay folks who keep files on us taxpayers. Think of the impact if everybody's stuff was out there in "profiles". Unemployed spooks unable to feed their spook kids. File cabinet manufacturers forced into receivership. Oh the humanity.

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
Bikendad

I have no problem with fb and rather enjoy staying in touch with friends on it. What I am tired of is this "tease" marketing that Victory keeps using. Just show us the bike already and get on with it!!!
Bikendad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement