2up question for you xc, xct'ers - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #11
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Sounds like she just needs a back rest... or a bike of her own.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
Bujee1

Garage

Got the backrest but haven't used it since I got a trunk. Got the XCT windshield too. She's happy. Oh and she's 5'7".
Bujee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
webbiker

Hey jacktrash, are you still happy with your +4 Cee Bailey? I'm leaning that direction. I'm 5' 9" so the 13" CB seems like a good match.
webbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #14
dtmmil
Premium Member

My wife felt like she was going to get sucked off of the back of my vegas the one time we rode. It was windy out we made it 20 miles and turned around and went home, it was uncomfortable, the backrest was to small, and there was no wind protection for her, and I had a tall windshield on it. The next weekend I traded it for my cross country, I put a backrest, the vic soft lowers on it and a klockwerx flare on it and even at 100 mph my wife was comfy and felt very safe, but she did tell me to slow down! From my experience, if you plan to do much 2up riding, get the cross bike, you won't regret it one bit.
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #15
Bikendad

I had the Vic tall shield and now use the Gustaffson +4 and no complaints with either even at 80-90 mph speeds on the freeway.
Bikendad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
jacktrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbiker View Post
Hey jacktrash, are you still happy with your +4 Cee Bailey? I'm leaning that direction. I'm 5' 9" so the 13" CB seems like a good match.
Yes I am. I think if I had it to do again I might go another inch. I found that I don't mind looking through the Cee B. If you put some Memphis Shade fork thingy's on you are set for wind blast issues
jacktrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #17
Lostintexas

The momma has a mile-or-more in the saddle. We were talking about this the past few days. I asked if the XCT was as good as the Wing was. She said the seat fix was the final fix. We had her lowered about an inch. It wasn't intentional, just how the seat was made. It also made the bike much more stable 2 up. With the Klock Works Flip she is very happy. Strong crosswinds are the only thing she feels, and there isn't any way around that.
Vents open about an inch and the KW Flip, seems good from 55 to 105 degrees and she is sleeping just fine on long trips. I would say she is comfy.
Good Luck
Lostintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
ChuglyXJ

Better backrest is where I would go first. My trade on the XCT had a medium to large backrest on it and she felt it was fine. Initially her complaint on the XCT was that the pad vibrated and caused her back to itch. She has either gotten over it or now enjoys it. We've been 100+ a few times and she gets much less wind over my old bagger. I've got a Klockwerks screen and she is 5'3".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement