Jackpot handling - Page 4 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Jackpot Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
busajack

Garage

The Jackpot isn't a poor handler just because of the tire, they got the rake trail and entire geometry wrong. My Yamaha Raider had a 240 and more rake and handled fine.

Last edited by busajack; 10-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.
busajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #32
07PEARLJACKPOT

just put a metzeler 260 on my pot and compared to
the dunlop it handles way better,so much easier to
initiate a turn. just take it easy for awhile,this is a
cruiser not a sport bike and when you get ready
to spring for a new back tire definately get the
metzeler (if you shop around you can get a pretty
decent price on one),i found one for $340.00 mounted
,balanced,out the door. i agree that it is like driving an
old muscle car (its a real mans bike).
KURYAKYN FLAME PEGS
"JACKPOT" OIL COOLER COVER
CHROME STARTER COVER
MEMPHIS SHADES WINDSHIELD
VICTORY TOOL ROLL
RPW SLASH EXHAUST
S&S INTAKE
KURYAKYN ELLIPSE MIRRORS
07PEARLJACKPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #33
Old Dog

Well, after 7600 miles(1822 on one trip) and one year I will say this. The jackpot does require more effort to turn than the Vegas, but as far as one of the posters saying this is just a bar hopper bike, I disagree. Before going on our Gettysburg, blue ridge parkway trip I thought I should have bought a cross country. after halfway thru the parkway I was Very glad I bought the Jackpot. To each there own. I learned very early, lean when going into the corners.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free
Old 11-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #34
Diesel

FWIW - It's not necessary the back tire/size as much as the front AND rear tire/rim combo. A good test would be to ride a JP and a Hammer back to back.

Certainly a different ride...just better or worse, just different. As stated, a bit of counter steering and hip placement go a long way.

Ride hard.
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #35
8BallHammer

Garage

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.... the only street bike I've ever owned is my 2012 Hammer 8 Ball. I suppose if I rode a narrow tire bike, I would probably cross the center line on every left hand turn. LOL
On the bright side, it's pretty stable in the wind compared to my buddies on their narrow tires. Although 2 weeks ago I rode in my first heavy winds, and WOW. I was amazed how far I was leaning over to keep it straight.
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #36
Azdave

In my humble opinion Dunlops suck. I have had them on my Harley and now on my Victory and both handled poorly. When I switched to Metzs on my HD it was like a completely different bike. Too few miles on the Dunlops on my JP but once I get around the 5,000 point off they come and Metzs will be my replacement tires.

As far as handling I am more comfortable with the handling of the bike but slow turn corners are still a weird feeling. Good luck.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 AM   #37
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
When I switched to Metzs on my HD it was like a completely different bike.
I wouldn't put Metzelers on a home-built mini bike, but that's just me.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #38
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
In my humble opinion Dunlops suck. I have had them on my Harley and now on my Victory and both handled poorly. When I switched to Metzs on my HD it was like a completely different bike. Too few miles on the Dunlops on my JP but once I get around the 5,000 point off they come and Metzs will be my replacement tires.

As far as handling I am more comfortable with the handling of the bike but slow turn corners are still a weird feeling. Good luck.
Silly tire sizes suck. The Dunlop E3s work marvelously on bikes with standard tire sizes.

And to the guy who thinks X bikes are girlie because they handle well compared to his bike with the show bike wheels, I'd suggest he just let about 25 lbs of air out if his wife's tires. That should make him happy as a hog in slop as her bike will handle like crap too!

Busa makes a good point about the Raiders working well with their big tire, but I'd bet they'd be a lot more responsive with a 180 on the back too. The Raider also has a wider front tire (bigger contact patch) that should give it more bite so that the rear can't push it around so easily.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
Azdave

I agree 180s handle better but you buy a JP because of the look. Overall it handles well just not great. I had a Vrod with 180 and switched to Metz 200 and standard front. Bike handled better, nicer ride and I felt way more confident in sharp turns. All a matter of what tire suits your bike and riding style.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #40
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I agree 180s handle better but you buy a JP because of the look. Overall it handles well just not great. I had a Vrod with 180 and switched to Metz 200 and standard front. Bike handled better, nicer ride and I felt way more confident in sharp turns. All a matter of what tire suits your bike and riding style.
How did you feel about the exhaust on the V-rod? When I test rode one, that thing really cooked my right calf. It had the fat tire on it and was the worst handling bike I ever rode. The Hammer seemed like a race bike by comparison.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement