2012 8ball with xbow exhaust - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vegas Forum

Old 10-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #1
n1stang_guy

Default 2012 8ball with xbow exhaust

Hey guys im looking at the factory xbow exhaust but i have a few questions.
#1 how does it sound
#2 how much loader than stock (mine is stock and quieter than a moped)
#3 did anyone put the ecu chip in themselfs if not can i get the stuff to do it and where?
n1stang_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
browneye

Default X bow

I heard a pair on the show room floor, they were a little louder than stock but not much. Was to quiet for me.

1978 Harley FXE B@$TERD Shovel:mad:
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
n1stang_guy

so nobody has a pair? does anyone know how to hook your computer up to the bike so you can flash it yourself? without a powercommander.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
8BallHammer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1stang_guy View Post
Hey guys im looking at the factory xbow exhaust but i have a few questions.
#1 how does it sound
#2 how much loader than stock (mine is stock and quieter than a moped)
#3 did anyone put the ecu chip in themselfs if not can i get the stuff to do it and where?
If they are like stock, they get a little louder after you rack up some miles. My bike is louder than it was new(5 miles vs. 3900)

I bought Swept pipes and am having them ceramic coated over the winter and am going to the remove cats pull the stick baffles and install Big City Thunder baffles. Going with the stage 1 flash( which I'll have the dealer do) unless I can get a good deal on a fuel controller before spring. I also unhooked the O2 sensors. and put the vented airbox w/ filter already.
Hopefully I haven't committed a Victory sin.
No popping so far.
KevinX, Rylan, or Lloyd care to chime in??
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

If they had an ass, they would be pants

Last edited by 8BallHammer; 11-12-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: misspelled lloyds
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
n1stang_guy

Default exhaust

still nothing? you guys must be riding... anyway has anyone heard of a way to get into the ecu with a laptop? i can on my suzuki
Old 11-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1stang_guy View Post
so nobody has a pair? does anyone know how to hook your computer up to the bike so you can flash it yourself? without a powercommander.
You cannot flash it yourself. You need the device called a "Digital Wrench" to do it and only the dealer can get them.

With a PC-V or Lloydz VFCIII you can tune it using a dyno or by ear with the VFCIII or with the Auto Tune unit for the PC-V.

I'm running the PC-V w/AT and it runs good with it but I have had trouble with the connections and units causing some issues.

I am creating a Winter tune right now but will have to re-do it when the Lloydz air filter gets here because it allows 30-40% more air flow in. It would be the same for you if you get a better flowing air filter.

Vic's, especially late model Vic's, are very sensitive to poor battery connections. Just the other day I had to clean the terminals on my 11 XC. This time I made sure to put some dielectric grease between the battery terminal and the first eyelet connector. I knew what the problem was right away because it started cutting out. On the X bikes the battery is a bit of a pain to get to so it wasn't something I wanted to do on the side of the road if I didn't have to.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
n1stang_guy

Default tune

I went on the powercommander website and the victory vegas only gos up to 07. There are no downloads for a 2012 Vegas that I could find. Where would I go to find them?
Also it is federally mandated for car manufacturers to release scan tool diagnostic and programming information to aftermarket company's and people so they can work on the vehicles. I wonder if it is different with motorcycles?
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
holleyj3

Default X-Bow Pipes

Loudness is sort of subjective but I bought my 2012 Hammer 8-Ball with the X-Bows on it. They really werent much louder than the stock pipes and a little over 1000 miles later they didn't get any louder whatsoever. I took them off in favor of an RPW Big Slash which I'm in the process of installing right now.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #9
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Standard X-Bow exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

X-Bow with baffles removed.

I imagine you could fine a happy medium by cutting the baffle in half and putting them back in if you found them too loud with out them.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
Airborne Hammer

Garage

I have these and I love them. I have more people come up and tell me how bad these things sound than I can count. I think the dealer removed the baffles before I bought it. Good deep throaty sound without the "drone" that gives me a headache on long rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Superfly Windshield
Airborne Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement