the good, the bad and hopefully not the ugly - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
oneponk
Lifetime Premium

Default the good, the bad and hopefully not the ugly

A month ago "red tag sales event" I traded my 05 Kingpin in on a 12 XC. i loved my pin but wanted a 6th gear and more storage. The weather has not been the best for riding. I put only 25 miles on the XC. Yesterday, I was going to move it in the shop and it won't shift into gear. It's like it is stuck in neutral. I guess I will be loading it on the trailer and hauling it back to the dealer. At least it is under warantee.
oneponk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I am assuming you started the bike before trying to put it in gear. With the engine off are you able to put it in gear?

You might be wasting a lot of time putting it on a trailer to take it down to the dealer. Have you called them?
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Well I never fussed about it but found the XC to be a little hard to shift when first got it, especially 3rd and 4th gear .. But after 1,000 miles couldn't believe the difference in how easier shifting became .. Hope yours is a simple fix, but even if not is what Warranty is for ..
Old 11-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
TNXR

I couldn't shift mine with the engine off when I first got it but now that I've got a 1000 miles on it I can shift between 1st and N with the motor off. It is also shifting better when riding, especially first to second.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
mikiep

Just roll it a few inches while you put it in gear. I park my XCT in gear. Before I start it I put it in nuetral by rolling it a few inches as I'm tapping the shifter up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement