Issues with new (to me) Jackpot - possible bad battery? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #11
25thAnnZ

Hey Bob - I just need to find someone I can trust with tuning....I'm not capable

Dave - good call on checking plugs....I'll hopefully have time after work tomorrow. As far as oil...the owner said he was using Royal Purple and he believed it was 20w40.

- Joel
25thAnnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
Marius

Sounds like it wont stay running because its too lean. Whether thats due to the tune being off for your climate or some other issue(like a vacuum leak) you'll have to figure out.

If its the tune, getting the bike warmed up should be the hardest part. Once its warm, it should run on its own. Have u tried cranking and keeping the bike at 1500 rpm or so to for a few secs?? Shouldnt take more than 30-45 secs to have it idling on its own.
However, if u hear poping dont stay on the throttle. Thats preignition, not good for the motor.

If u have a bad enough vacuum leak, hhe bike could have similar symptoms or may not run even when warmed up as the mixture will be too lean at any engine temperature. Check the rubber vacuum caps and rubber throttlebody adapter for cracks.
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...

Last edited by Marius; 11-25-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #13
25thAnnZ

Thanks for the reply Marius...that would make sense....
I got to thinking and I think I mis-typed that it was running rich....the exhaust was a little smokey and I'm thinking it was most likely lean (which would make more sense)....the exhaust smelled pretty strong. Temps right now are around 34 degrees F, and the bike in the garage is reading ~45 degrees F. It's supposed to be upwards of 60 degrees this weekend here but of course I'll be at the firehouse both Sat. and Sunday and by the time I get home it'll be probably in the 40s ugh.......

- Joel
Old 11-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
Azdave

The reason I don't think its the tune is I have the PC system and I have been in 110 degree heat and been out North at 40 degrees and no issues whatsoever. Hate to ask and don't yell and me but did the seller drain the tank before shipping?? Some JPs have really bad sense of fuel. Hope it is something simple. Before paying someone for the tune private message Kevin X on this forum. The guy is amazing at figuring out what your problem is. He has helped me a few times and has never been off.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #15
25thAnnZ

Just wanted to update the thread. Turns out changing the battery requires a throttle reset, and not knowing that yesterday when I tried to start it I ended up fouling the plugs. Soooo.....after new plugs and the throttle reset I finally got my first ride on the new scoot. Amazing bike, between the loads of power and the fat tire I'm gonna have to learn to ride all over again.....I love this bike!

- Joel
Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
25thAnnZ

Good call Dave.....it wasn't the tune. And last night I did make sure the tank was fueled lol....but good call, I'm sure it's happened before. KevinX is the Vic Man! He's the reason it's running right now and I can't thank him enough. He suggested checking the plugs (as I fouled them yesterday) and he also mentioned replacing the battery necessitated the throttle point reset!

Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone else who threw in their 2 cents! Happy to have the bike running!

- Joel
Old 11-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #17
Azdave

Great news. I had a feeling it wasn't' the tune. Have fun. Be safe
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement