Anyone have LED mirrors? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory 8-Ball

Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Turkeeslapper

Default Anyone have LED mirrors?

I am sick of the large amber turn signals and to totally clean up the front end I am thinking about using LED turn signal mirrors. Anyone install any? I dont want something big and gawdy as well as I want something black, as my 8ball is all blacked out.

Any thoughts and pictures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
The Wolf

I'm not sure what you are looking for or how much you want to spend but I'm pretty happy with a set I got for about $120 or so online that shipped from overseas. They came in both silver and black versions, brand was Magazi. I needed new mirrors anyways and wasn't satisfied the fork turn signals were enough since they are so close to my bright headlight.

Here's a thread I posted with some pics where you can see the silver version on my hammer: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14504

I also remember looking at some nicer ones made by Rivco but they were closer to $250.

You'll probably need something to slow down the flash as with most bulb to LED conversions.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
Scuba

Pic of the front of my bike with the LED turn signals around forks. Hope you can see ok!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010027.jpg (46.9 KB, 53 views)
2005 Honda VFR800 (Sold)
2000 Suzuki GSXR1000 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR750 (Sold)
1992 Kawasaki GPX250 (Sold)
Honda 50cc Trike (on the Farm)
"I was a BMX King" So says me! :D
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Turkeeslapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I'm not sure what you are looking for or how much you want to spend but I'm pretty happy with a set I got for about $120 or so online that shipped from overseas. They came in both silver and black versions, brand was Magazi. I needed new mirrors anyways and wasn't satisfied the fork turn signals were enough since they are so close to my bright headlight.

Here's a thread I posted with some pics where you can see the silver version on my hammer: http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=14504

I also remember looking at some nicer ones made by Rivco but they were closer to $250.

You'll probably need something to slow down the flash as with most bulb to LED conversions.
I saw these on ebay for $119. Wasnt sure if they were too big and clunky looking. Do you like them?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
Turkeeslapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Pic of the front of my bike with the LED turn signals around forks. Hope you can see ok!!

Was it a pain in the ass to install these?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
The Wolf

They are not too clunky for me, but perspective changes from one to another. I'll snap a few more pics when I return this wknd to try and give you more perspective. They were very easy to install, just 2wires I ran tight alongside the other cables towards the headlight assembly. They put out good light.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
cdickgo

I have the fork LED turn signals also. They look clean and the wires tap into the headlight bucket. I have a set of mirrors with LED turn signals in them that l'll sell you for cheap if you want to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
cdickgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
Turkeeslapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdickgo View Post
I have the fork LED turn signals also. They look clean and the wires tap into the headlight bucket. I have a set of mirrors with LED turn signals in them that l'll sell you for cheap if you want to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Were the fork LED signals a pain in the ass to install? Have any pics? What do your LED signals looks like? Any pics of ur bike with them installed?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
cdickgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeeslapper View Post
Were the fork LED signals a pain in the ass to install? Have any pics? What do your LED signals looks like? Any pics of ur bike with them installed?
They were simple to install. The ones I got had a zip tie and double sided tape. It came with an alcohol pad to clean the surface. Then you have to heat up the strip to make it bend without breaking the LED connections. They recommended a heat gun. I didn't have one so I used a space heater. Peel, stick, zip, then you just need to wire it up. Of course I tested each strip prior to installing to make sure all the LEDs were working. I don't have a picture, but just imagine your bike without the front turn signals. The signals are pretty stealth. You'd never know they were there until you turn them on. Really adds to that bobber look of simplicity and removing unneeded parts.
cdickgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
muckers

hey cdickgo,

where are yours from. I was looking at the mbw and you have to take the triple tree apart.
Thanks
muckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement