I mourn for my country - Page 54 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #531
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
I don't feel like digging back to find it...but weren't the one trying to use a terrorist crossing the border and killing people as a reason for Photo ID?
I don't remember it Al... but I do agree with a country wide ID plan if it means we can deport all illegals now and then close the door behind them. The sooner the better for everyone because illegals from all kinds of countries are taking jobs from American citizens in America.

Only 2% of illegals work on the farms these days so they are not the ones we need to concern ourselves with first. Sure, the criminals should be at the top of the list but all illegals should be deported. If they self deport first they can apply for citizenship just like anyone else. Why should we reward criminal behavior.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #532
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Looks like it's official. Jamie Fox has been the first to say it out loud. The Godless heathen liberals now have a new lord and savior and it ain't Jesus or God.
Jamie Foxx: 'Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama'

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz2DNVSgvLo

What up Dave and SB? You going along with the crowd on this one too?
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #533
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
The 47% will be unaffected by taxes on the front end but on the back end, when prices of everything go up, they too will pay more in taxes because the cost of an item is never absorbed by a company; it is always passed along. This what the Marxist manifesto doesn't seem to get.
This is an all too common fallacy. Costs are absorbed by companies all the time (believe me...I've had two myself). The extent of what is absorbed changes from none to all and everything in between. The market dictates price more than anything. If costs go up, some times those are passed on to the consumer. Sometimes they're absorbed by employees. And some times by the company. Sometimes a combo of them. There are so many companies out there in so many different industries that something as definitive as never does not apply. Hell...look at two similar companies in Sam's Club and Costco. They are both successful but operate very differently from each other. And there are a lot of similarities between the two. Take a look at the wealth of each owner and you'll know which one doing what with the cost.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #534
ALStensby

Quote:
I don't remember it Al... but I do agree with a country wide ID plan if it means we can deport all illegals now and then close the door behind them. The sooner the better for everyone because illegals from all kinds of countries are taking jobs from American citizens in America.

Only 2% of illegals work on the farms these days so they are not the ones we need to concern ourselves with first. Sure, the criminals should be at the top of the list but all illegals should be deported. If they self deport first they can apply for citizenship just like anyone else. Why should we reward criminal behavior.
Just because I enjoy playing devil's advocate here...where's the money for a program this extensive going to come from? Especially with roughly 4,000 miles of border and over 3.75M square miles? That's a lot of ground to cover.

As for applying for citizenship, true...but have you ever known someone who's actually gone through that process? It's ridiculous.

As for taking jobs, I would agree with you there to an extent. But there are also plenty of Americans who are giving them the jobs. While this is only one example, it rang very true to me. A few years ago, I had my siding and roofing done. The roofers were a Mexican crew (shocking, isn't it? But they were legal). They called ahead of time and set a time to get to work (7am). I woke up about 6:45 and looked out the window. They had everything prepped they could do quietly and were waiting for 7am. Once it hit, so did they. Finished it in the day, cleaned up beautifully and have yet to have any issues. The siding crew was a couple of white men in their 40s. Set up a time and no showed for three days. Then was late the fourth. Spent the first thirty minutes complaining to me how the Mexicans are taking all their work. They would show up at 9 or 10 in the AM and be gone by 3pm every day...and didn't bother showing more than four days a week. And I had to have the company send back people three times to fix mistakes. And I'm not the only one who's had this issue that I know.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #535
ALStensby

Quote:
Looks like it's official. Jamie Fox has been the first to say it out loud. The Godless heathen liberals now have a new lord and savior and it ain't Jesus or God.
Jamie Foxx: 'Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama'

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz2DNVSgvLo

What up Dave and SB? You going along with the crowd on this one too?
Psssssssssssst.....you are aware he's a comedian, right?
Old 11-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #536
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
This is an all too common fallacy. Costs are absorbed by companies all the time (believe me...I've had two myself). The extent of what is absorbed changes from none to all and everything in between. The market dictates price more than anything. If costs go up, some times those are passed on to the consumer. Sometimes they're absorbed by employees. And some times by the company. Sometimes a combo of them. There are so many companies out there in so many different industries that something as definitive as never does not apply. Hell...look at two similar companies in Sam's Club and Costco. They are both successful but operate very differently from each other. And there are a lot of similarities between the two. Take a look at the wealth of each owner and you'll know which one doing what with the cost.
You make a good point until something like a Union enters the equation and then all bets are off. The employer loses much of his ability to run the business as he sees fit.

Yes. An employer can choose to absorb some cost temporarily until it becomes necessary to pass the costs along. Eventually all companies pass that cost along or they go out of business.

No fallacy at all. Just pure straight up facts.

Quote:
Just because I enjoy playing devil's advocate here...where's the money for a program this extensive going to come from? Especially with roughly 4,000 miles of border and over 3.75M square miles? That's a lot of ground to cover.

As for applying for citizenship, true...but have you ever known someone who's actually gone through that process? It's ridiculous.
Yes. My mother. I don't want to give more info on that on this forum but suffice to say that it was worth it to her and she adopted this country unlike many illegals do today. Then there are those who are legal and got here under illegal pretenses to do us harm but that is another subject. Just think 9-11.

Quote:
Psssssssssssst.....you are aware he's a comedian, right?
And an accomplished actor. Much more of an actor than he ever was as a comedian. What's your point?

Last edited by BBob; 11-26-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #537
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
This is an all too common fallacy. Costs are absorbed by companies all the time (believe me...I've had two myself). The extent of what is absorbed changes from none to all and everything in between.
Things are probably a lot different for owners of small businesses. You will NEVER find the chieftains of corporate America taking pay cuts to absorb costs. They will find a way to shift it to customers, investors, or employees. And then they'll take a bonus for figuring out how to make some other suckers eat it.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #538
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
What up Dave and SB?
We are busy watching Fox.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #539
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
There are only 4 ways to reduce the debt and deficit. 1st raise taxes, this seems to be going nowhere. 2. Cut spending, not in my backyard as these politicians don't want to cut anything that benefits their state or they will lose their next election. 3. Inflate your way out of it. This is the trickiest and can blow up ala the Carter era. 4th makes the most sense and that is to grow the economy so more people are working, spending and paying taxes. The trick here would be to use a combo plan that would do the first 2 gently and then really put some incentive plans to create job growth.
Gee, Mitt Romney's plan made the most sense, interesting.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #540
HBJackson

Also Barack Obama's plan. The joke is on you, there was very little difference between them.
Advertisement