Just Purchased 1st VV - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Rules and New Members Introductions

Old 11-25-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
mikebna

Default Just Purchased 1st VV

Hello all, checking in from AZ. I have subscribed to the Victory news updates for a couple of years now expecting that one day I would buy a new Victory, and received an email from Victory about the 2013 Arlen Ness Vision in Havasu Red that was available now. The more I looked at the bike online the more I wanted it, I have never been more interested in a bike like I was with this one. So I made a trip to our local Victory dealership and asked them to see the 2013 Arlen Ness Vision only to find out that they were only going to bring one in if a customer ordered it. So I left and the next day made a deal with the owner Glenn and he gave me a great deal for a trade in on my 2004 Ultra Classic and I ordered the Ness.

It took longer than expected to get it, and I ordered quite a few accessories to be added at the shop. Their lead mechanic Mike did a great job on the installing the additional parts. I have since added the passenger arm rests since picking it up.

The bike is number 20 for the 2013 Ness Visions.

Here it is the day I picked it up-

Mike B
2013 Arlen Ness Vision #20
mikebna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Beautiful! You are the second person on this forum to get a new Ness Vision. TheMike bought a new 12 model. He likes the orange.

If you ever find out how they got the name "Havasu" red for the paint; I'd sure like to know. I live in Lake Havasu City. I wonder if someone was at the test track that is not too far from here and thought that Havasu would be a good name to call their new red color.

Or the new Boardwalk blue on the XC.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
mikebna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Beautiful! You are the second person on this forum to get a new Ness Vision. TheMike bought a new 12 model. He likes the orange.

If you ever find out how they got the name "Havasu" red for the paint; I'd sure like to know. I live in Lake Havasu City. I wonder if someone was at the test track that is not too far from here and thought that Havasu would be a good name to call their new red color.

Or the new Boardwalk blue on the XC.
Thanks Bob-

I saw TheMike's posts on his 2012 Ness Vision, his is also #20, I thought that was crazy as my 2013 is also #20 and we are both Mike.

I lived in Kingman up until 2010, so I did like that the bike's color is Havasu Red.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Buster

I did notice that you have the old style Victory Lighted badge in the first picture. And the picture of the bike on the rack has the new style badge that does not light up, A friend of mine bought number 34, the first ine in Michigan, and he asked about the lighted badge and was told the wiring for that was not there anymore. So does it light up? and what was the cost to get to light up ?

Buster
Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
GreatWhiteNorth

Garage

Wow!!! Me thinks you`re going to cause some injuries with this V as people`s necks snap around when you ride by. Must be amazing in bright sunshine.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Great lookng ride Mike and welcome to the forums! I agree about some heads poppin as you slip by them on that bad boy! Really like those wheels!!! Will give you a fair warning on that center stand though, it is NOT to be trusted at all! Multiple tip overs even on level ground have been reported, use it with caution... If there is anything we can help you with here, give a shout!

@Buster, Looking at the pic on the rack with power on (to me anyway) the old badge is lit up glowing at the camera. I am guessing they cut and stuffed his wiring, Not saying your tech is wrong, just looking at the badge it appears lit from the camera.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebna View Post
Thanks Bob-

I saw TheMike's posts on his 2012 Ness Vision, his is also #20, I thought that was crazy as my 2013 is also #20 and we are both Mike.

I lived in Kingman up until 2010, so I did like that the bike's color is Havasu Red.
I see you are in PV now. I lived up there for 5 years before moving down here. I guess you know Kingman has a Victory dealer now called Desert Thunder.

Yeah. It looks like a flash reflection off the new badge in the pic with it on the lift to me.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Yeah. It looks like a flash reflection off the new badge in the pic with it on the lift to me.
Yea, I looked at it some more and could be right... I don't know anyone that has a 2013 manual with the wiring schematics... Can't see that it would be hard to run but the more imporant issue is the $$$ they want for lighted Vic badges... I think it's outragous to charge that for ADVERTISING Vic at Night...
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #9
mikebna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I did notice that you have the old style Victory Lighted badge in the first picture. And the picture of the bike on the rack has the new style badge that does not light up, A friend of mine bought number 34, the first ine in Michigan, and he asked about the lighted badge and was told the wiring for that was not there anymore. So does it light up? and what was the cost to get to light up ?

Buster
I liked the retro badges so I did have them install the lighted ones. The tech didn't have any problems wiring them up as they come with their own wiring harnesses. They threw in the install cost because of the amount of the extra accessories I bought, less 10% off, so I'm not sure of what the actual cost was. Of course I kept the new style badges and all the extra parts.

I also had the L1 exhaust, air intake and tune done so that the bike can be heard better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
Great lookng ride Mike and welcome to the forums! I agree about some heads poppin as you slip by them on that bad boy! Really like those wheels!!! Will give you a fair warning on that center stand though, it is NOT to be trusted at all! Multiple tip overs even on level ground have been reported, use it with caution... If there is anything we can help you with here, give a shout!

@Buster, Looking at the pic on the rack with power on (to me anyway) the old badge is lit up glowing at the camera. I am guessing they cut and stuffed his wiring, Not saying your tech is wrong, just looking at the badge it appears lit from the camera.
You are correct, shortly after leaving the Victory store I had to return and have the center stand removed, it was actually bent and was starting to hang down into the road and scraping. They had reassured me that it would work on the Ness Vision, but after using it only two times it bent beyond repair and they had to reimburse me for the cost. With the bike being lowered a bit I'm sure it put more torque on the stand than it could take.

Last edited by mikebna; 11-27-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #10
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I came across this thread by accident. How cool is that? #20 Ness's and both Mike's. Great minds think alike!

Congratulations. I absolutely love mine. So much so I'm dumping a lot of coin into my trailer to match the bike.

I plan to ride the crap out of it and then ride it some more. I bought it to ride and and that's what I'm going to do.

We should try to get the two together some time. You ever this way?

Mike

Edit: I'm waaaay behind the power curb. I didn't realize we have chatted in the past. Duh!
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 02-12-2014 at 09:03 PM.
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement