Change of body style for the Vision..... - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

I am NOT sure what drugs the engineers were on when they LOOKED at the front end and let it roll out with amber TS but they must have got one heck of a good deal and laugh out of it. However, you can easily remedy this for about 160 bucks replacing BOZO's hair (the amber lens) with clear international Lens and amber bulbs or even switchbacks that run white and signal amber (120 bucks for bulbs).

As far as the geriatric riding the two wheeled Winnebago??? Com'on Bandit, a little harsh don't you think??? hehehehehe
I have got to admit I didn't see myself riding one at first either however, once you break free from your vision of tradition and look at the lines of the VV not just from the front but from the saddle as well I don't see how you can't at least appreciate the design of the bike itself when keeping in mind the handling and wind managment. Don't get me wrong, I still own my TC (had her out Friday ripping up some pavement) and very much enjoy the look and feel of the traditional ride. I very much like the looks of the HD Road Glide and can understand how Bandit got drawn into the dark side by that ride as well.

In the end, I became very fond of the looks of the VV and yes, get all the comments "Mission control, we have an unidentified space craft landing" blah bla blah... Yuk it up boys and girls, have your fun. 1800ccs of pure fun that handles like a light cruiser and manages the wind better than my buddies GW while providing a ride that far supercedes anything I have been on and making 45+mpg... Laugh all you want, Im not afraid of change and have no problem yukking it up with you... It is a UNIQUE looking ride and I am not ashamed to own it...If I wanted to be part of the pack, I would have bought an XCT or (at one time) a HD Ultra or Road Glide. BTW, Bandit I am NOT saying you joined the HD propaganda Pack, you actually researched the bike that best fit you.. So, I consider you a VIC rider on a HD... hehehehe Temporarily of course..

My only complaint is it takes way to long to stop for gas answering all the questions... :-)
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va

Last edited by Tims_04V92TC; 11-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #22
bigdogtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderJohn View Post
The mental visual of Bozo painted on the front of a Vision is stuck in my head like a song you can't get out of your head. If someone with a great sense of humor did what Saddlebag said there is no question in my mind the bike would be the center of attention.
And then you would scare all the little kids that are afraid of clowns,,,,,,,and some of the HD riders as well.....
bigdogtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
And then you would scare all the little kids that are afraid of clowns,,,,,,,and some of the HD riders as well.....
You only have to worry about the kids - the HD riders are already scared.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #24
jaysonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
You only have to worry about the kids - the HD riders are already scared.
HA ! I thought you were going to say they were already clowns, haha !
Kingpin tour tins
jaysonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #25
BanditSRT8

I hear ya Tim. You bought what works best for you. And like I said... my 2 test ride son a Vision were the two best riding bikes I've ever thrown a leg over. I really do want one.

I just need a little tiny bit of restyling for it to hit home for me...

Or $15-$20k play money to mod it like I would want it
Old 11-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #26
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT8 View Post
I hear ya Tim. You bought what works best for you. And like I said... my 2 test ride son a Vision were the two best riding bikes I've ever thrown a leg over. I really do want one.

I just need a little tiny bit of restyling for it to hit home for me...

Or $15-$20k play money to mod it like I would want it
Play money! Thats what Im talking about.. hehe I did luck out and pick mine up at a steal for being new. 2011 but hey, I have some cash for accy now (which I have spent.. lol). On the flip, I was REALLY looking hard at the Roadglide after you bought yours primarily bcause of the fixed fairing. Im glad I got the VV now but still eyeball that RG, whers that play money.. hehe

I think for the VV, Ma Vic SHOULD do away with those blasted amber len's and go with the clear as stock. It really cleans up the front end I think. Only other thing I don't know how they would fix is the mirrors and looking at my fingers in them. I finally adapted but that was strange at first. I am absolutely sold on the VV, while not for everyone, I like the fact that it is still owned by a smaller population.

Be safe out there

Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
I think for the VV, Ma Vic SHOULD do away with those blasted amber len's and go with the clear as stock.
You got a pic of one with the clear lenses?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Not the photo I was hoping for but here are some from another site. This bike appears to have amber 3157's.

I will have photos of mine HOPEFULLY sooner than later with switchback LED TS bulbs so running will be white and will flash amber on turning.

Trying to fix link right now... found the problem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clearlens1.jpg (30.7 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg clearlens2.jpg (27.1 KB, 171 views)

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va

Last edited by Tims_04V92TC; 11-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #29
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
Not the photo I was hoping for but here are some from another site. This bike appears to have amber 3157's.

I will have photos of mine HOPEFULLY sooner than later with switchback LED TS bulbs so running will be white and will flash amber on turning.

Trying to fix link right now... found the problem
Those do make it look classier. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Those do make it look classier. Thanks.
NP SB, the kicker is the lens are about 150 bucks, not sure what the amber replacement cost but com'on Ma... Help us out a bit.. Im gonna take before and after pics as soon as the lens come in and post in the Vision forum along with part numbers, bulb options and wiring info I gathered up from a couple other riders.

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Sponsored Links
Advertisement