I mourn for my country - Page 55 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 PM   #541
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Gee, Mitt Romney's plan made the most sense, interesting.
Actually, Dave's 3 and 4 are one in the same. Gov't can't force people to engage in economic activity. They can:

1) Raise taxes and create enormous military jobs programs

2) Lower taxes and borrow money to create enormous military jobs programs

3) Lower interest rates in hopes that people will borrow money and do something productive with it

The risk the gov't takes making money cheap and easy is that Americans may use it to buy foreign goods or invest it overseas. This creates no jobs here. Expanding the money supply like this will eventually cause inflation and will result in a lot of people defaulting on loans since they have no job to pay for it. Then the gov't will need to start a war to give them jobs and the cycle continues ad infinitum.

Better we spend a little on our kid's educations and hope they learn to take some satisfaction from doing rather than just consuming. Balance is the key to success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #542
Azdave

Mitt's plan? Hmmmm don't you mean Bush's plan? They both seemed the same except Mitt could never really tell anyone what it truly was. I am pretty confident we will be much better off a year from now
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #543
Bugkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BallHammer View Post
America's president got a Victory and the Divided States of America got a Harley.
I put full blame on the shoulder of the Democratic party,the ignorance of the American voter,and (god save them) the laziness of our southern hillbillies forefathers.
Many people that are not democrats voted due to the race of the candidate.
Buckeye exit polls prove that race was the deciding factor in out pitiful countries election.
Dave, please don't shoot me if you see me crossing the border
Other than illegal immigrants, what has Arizona contributed to this ONCE great country.

I thank God that unemployment is below 5%
The deficit has been reduced by 1/2
And YOUR great president has united both parties, and all of the citizens of the USA

Goodbye USA, hello third world country.
I'm thinking, Arizona has given us the plot for the movie Tombstone.
Bugkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #544
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJackson View Post
Also Barack Obama's plan. The joke is on you, there was very little difference between them.
Another comedian, if you don't know the difference between Romney and Obama when it comes to being able to make smart choices to promote business you'd probably be dumb enough to vote for Obama.. oh.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #545
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Mitt's plan? Hmmmm don't you mean Bush's plan? They both seemed the same except Mitt could never really tell anyone what it truly was. I am pretty confident we will be much better off a year from now
I hope you do have the ability to see another future other than the one that Obama is planning.. because everyone with common sense sees the future according to Obama and it looks bleak.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 AM   #546
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Another comedian, if you don't know the difference between Romney and Obama when it comes to being able to make smart choices to promote business you'd probably be dumb enough to vote for Obama.. oh.
Lance - Why don't you WAKE UP and realize that Obama WON. We know you don't like it. We know that you are a (bit) delusional with fabrications of what "might have been" but...why not re-join reality?

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-27-2012 at 01:28 AM.
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #547
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

It is a bitter pill mate. I think we all know that either the election was rigged, or worse, we have a country full of communists now. See how well that worked out for the old USSR.

I'm going to go with rigged. I'm just not ready to believe we have that many stupid people in this country. A lot, sure, but not that many. I've been wrong before though.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #548
Bugkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Lance - Why don't you WAKE UP and realize that Obama WON. We know you don't like it. We know that you are a (bit) delusional with fabrications of what "might have been but...why not re-join reality?
A couple of months back there was an article in Harpers magazine titled
"Why bother to vote...when your vote doesn't matter".
It didn't really encourage people not to vote, though from the title you'd think it did.
It did say how much alike Obama and Romney were, and how the same things would happen to this country whichever one got elected.
Aside from all the b.s. we heard durring the campaign, the two parties are alot closer than one would think.
For instance, both sides have talked about raising the social security retirement age to 67. That's fine if you've been sitting in a nice cozy office all your life, but what about people who do physical labor, or stand on their feet all day behind a cash register, or work in agriculture or constuction?. 62 seems like old age, let alone 67.
Another one is both parties are looking at a different way to calculate cost of living increases for social security. Their reasoning is, when say, the cost of beef goes up, seniors buy chicken (or cat food) instead, so their cost of living hasn't increased.
And both parties are trying to eliminate what they're calling tax loopholes like the mortgage interest deduction, as opposed to raising taxes to pay for the wars they started under the guise of Sept. 11 and charged to communist China instead of paying for them.
I'm more than a little pessimistic, and I don't expect anything good to come from the best government money HAS bought. They keep us fighting among ourselves over things like God, guns, gays and abortion, while they pass laws like the ones that let banks crash the housing market,who then have the balls to tell someone they suck because they lost their job and can't make their house payment.
Until we have real campaign finance reform nothing is going to change.
Bugkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #549
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugkiller View Post
A couple of months back there was an article in Harpers magazine titled
"Why bother to vote...when your vote doesn't matter".
It didn't really encourage people not to vote, though from the title you'd think it did.
It did say how much alike Obama and Romney were, and how the same things would happen to this country whichever one got elected.
Aside from all the b.s. we heard durring the campaign, the two parties are alot closer than one would think.
For instance, both sides have talked about raising the social security retirement age to 67. That's fine if you've been sitting in a nice cozy office all your life, but what about people who do physical labor, or stand on their feet all day behind a cash register, or work in agriculture or constuction?. 62 seems like old age, let alone 67.
Another one is both parties are looking at a different way to calculate cost of living increases for social security. Their reasoning is, when say, the cost of beef goes up, seniors buy chicken (or cat food) instead, so their cost of living hasn't increased.
And both parties are trying to eliminate what they're calling tax loopholes like the mortgage interest deduction, as opposed to raising taxes to pay for the wars they started under the guise of Sept. 11 and charged to communist China instead of paying for them.
I'm more than a little pessimistic, and I don't expect anything good to come from the best government money HAS bought. They keep us fighting among ourselves over things like God, guns, gays and abortion, while they pass laws like the ones that let banks crash the housing market,who then have the balls to tell someone they suck because they lost their job and can't make their house payment.
Until we have real campaign finance reform nothing is going to change.
I don't dis-agree with any of the things in your post. Just don't see what that has to do with me telling Lance to recognize who won the election?

The government is just like ANY business that has run into trouble. Whether it was republicans, democrats or if the last CEO was sleeping with the secretary does not matter. The ONLY thing that matters...now is that someone has to fix it.

Whoever ended up having to fix it, would only have the same limited options. Social Security is NOT funded the same way the rest of the government is so it can be excluded. Some don't like it but that IS the way it IS ... by law. Now, if the years need to be pushed back for that program to support ITSELF, then that's fine but it's NOT related to the current balance issues. I say cut 2% from EVERY SINGLE LAST PROGRAM and I mean EVERY ONE OF THEM and everything will be fixed. Nobody is willing to give up anything so EVERY program MUST surrender it's portion for the good of the whole. It's a simplistic solution that is probably too simple for the idiots in congress to actually fathom. It would not take 5 seconds to pass as EVERYONE would be taking the EXACT same hit so EVERYONE would have the EXACT same PAIN. Share the pain, share the gain...

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 AM   #550
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugkiller View Post
When it comes to foreign affairs I think you're right. Did you see the last debate? You'd have thought Romney worked for Obama.

There are basic entitlement reforms both would have to do to make any deal of fiscal reform. But there is little doubt, the privileged few Thurston Howell's would have seen far better tax treatment under a Willard reign. The rest of us would have paid for our insurance and other "entitlements" until we got sick and the "job creators" canceled our policy because we missed a payment while we were in a coma. Can't burden the job creators ya know...

When it comes to increasing liberty and equality under the law, Obama is in as different league altogether. There is no way in hell gays would have any equitable treatment under the law with President Romney in office. Women would certainly be forced to have and provide for the offspring of their rapists. Religions operating businesses would be given special privileges (as if our allowing them to operate tax free to begin with weren't bad enough).

While there would have to be similarities just like there are between Obama and Bush, there would also be some considerable differences, particularly if you belong to a minority constituency.

And while campaign finance reform would be nice to stop the fat cats funding Republicans for personal gain, it would do little for Democrats. Dems are largely funded by the people and the few rich guys who wrote big checks went into it knowing full well that they would be asked to sacrifice the most under Obama's re-election.

Last edited by saddlebag; 11-27-2012 at 02:30 AM.
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement