Custom LED Brake Flashing Module - Page 5 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #41
wspollack

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous_6969 View Post
There is nothing special but there are MULTIPLE white/pink wires.. If I remember correctly there were 2 wires per wire harness. That is the piece that everybody is forgetting and why it only goes to the fender brake like and not the trunk. At the moment my bike does not have the seat off so I cannot take a picture but here is the deal.

Under the left side cover there is another wire bundle which goes to the trunk connector. Inside of this bundle you will find more white/pink wires. I tapped in here and also in the main harness and put a jumper to connect them. I took this new connection that included the white/pink of BOTH bundles and put them on the input of the module. I followed the same concept for the output of the module.

Sorry for the delayed response but I have not been following this thread.

If I remember correctly, the reason for multiple white/pink wires in the main harness was that one was for the handle, one was for the pedal and then they come together at the connector in the rear fender.
Thanks much for the follow-up info.

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #42
scooter

Default Brake light Modulator

Signal Dynamics currently has the Back-Off XP Brake light modulator 1004, choice of 2 patterns, on sale for $34.95 with free shipping on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BackOFF-XP-F...29bbae&vxp=mtr
1.5" Lowering Link
RPW Pipes
Tachometer
Victory Light Bar
HID Headlights
Chrome Saddlebag Rails
Saddlebag Secure Locks
Saddlebag Organizer Tray
Witch Doctor Brake Pedal

2nd Amendment Supporter
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #43
OkieHoss
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
I had a guy on a bike pull up to me once at a light. He said he had slowed down a ways back because he thought it was a police motorcycle the way the lights flashed. Thats gotta be a bonus, people will slow down way back if they think its a motor cop at the light.
YES This will be my next mod..thanks dude
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #44
OkieHoss
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
Yea this is still the wild west out here. You can carry a gun concealed without a permit or just wear it in plain sight for everyone to see. I know a few guys that wear it on their hip when riding, that can keep people off your ass also I hear.
Yes its a cool state..When I was in the service we would ride down to party there..The bar had a sign that said "No colors or guns"..people wore guns on the hip in public and everyone was peaceful..I wonder why?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #45
sgtfixit

Default back-off XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Signal Dynamics currently has the Back-Off XP Brake light modulator 1004, choice of 2 patterns, on sale for $34.95 with free shipping on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BackOFF-XP-F...29bbae&vxp=mtr
CAUTION...Back_off XP will not work with cruise on 2011. Been there, done that. I tried the "resistor trick" to get the cruise working. NO GO. edit...it will still work as advertised, but will cut off your cruise control. Stick with the "magic strobe" model.

mike
2011 Victory Cross Country (Imperial Blue)
-Mods-
Vic Military Salute Wedge Covers/Vic Passenger Backrest/Vic Flip shield/Floor Board Hwy Pegs/2012 Hard Lowers/Hard Bag Bars/adj. pass. foot rests/XM Radio/+2 SRVT Pull Back Bars/Mirror extenders/Kuryakyn little silver bullet driving lights/laid down plate bracket/Kuryakyn Brake Pedal/Signal Dynamics headlight modulator/Custom Dynamics Brake light Strobe
sgtfixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #46
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfixit View Post
CAUTION...Back_off XP will not work with cruise on 2011. Been there, done that. I tried the "resistor trick" to get the cruise working. NO GO. edit...it will still work as advertised, but will cut off your cruise control. Stick with the "magic strobe" model.

mike
Thanks for the info Mike.
I wasn't aware of the issue with the cruise control, just wanted to share what seemed like a good deal. I have a 2010 XR, without cruise, and the Back-Off module works great.
Thanks,
Scott
1.5" Lowering Link
RPW Pipes
Tachometer
Victory Light Bar
HID Headlights
Chrome Saddlebag Rails
Saddlebag Secure Locks
Saddlebag Organizer Tray
Witch Doctor Brake Pedal

2nd Amendment Supporter

Last edited by scooter; 07-27-2013 at 03:40 PM.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMH View Post
Decided to forge ahead with my installation. I had to remove the seat and under it found a bundle of wires in a wire sleeve going back to the rear lights.

The brake wire is the white/pink wire. Once I had this wire identified, the rest was easy.

Cut the white/pink wire and spliced the red and white wire from the flasher unit along with the yellow wires of the load balancer into the two cut ends, red wire to the side going towards front of bike, white wire to the side going to the brake. There are several black ground wires in the bundle so just picked one of them and stripped a little insullation away so I could solder the black wire from the flasher unit to it. Used heat shirk tube over the cut and resoldered wires and electrical tape over the ground wire.

Tested the different options and set the one I liked (#5).

Double sided taped the flahser unit and load equalizer to the plastic tab sticking out on the right side, just above the load equalizer in stymie's picture, and strapped them down with zip ties.

Finally, put the seat back on, side covers back on, and she's ready to ride.

Very nice unit for a reasonable price and pretty simple to install, with very impressive results.

Cheers,
Randy
]Randy, you put the load balance inline with the module, i.e. the yellow wires attached to the two cut ends of the brake wires, and not from the bike side of the brake wire and ground as shown on the diagram that comes with the load balance unit?

Never mind I figured it out. The load balance module must be in parallel with the flasher module on an XCT and not as specified in the instructions that came with it.

Andy

Last edited by Cipher; 07-27-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: update
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #48
gulliverstoe

howdy OP

i like this

nice job with the rope too....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement