Fuel Indication System Education - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
zchiefn31

Default Fuel Indication System Education

So ride number four of my new XCT began with a 1/4 tank of gas and a range of 80 miles. I chose not to gas up because I was only going about 60 miles and wanted watch my fuel guage head toward epmty. After nine miles into my ride the guage dipped into the red and a couple of miles later the low fuel warning appeared. Within two miles the needle was heading south of E and uneasiness set in as I hunted for a gas station even though the range indicated 70 miles. I was very relieved when I filled up with 4.3 gallons of gas. Okay,now I know that the reserve is 1.5 gallons and I can probably somewhat believe the range reading.
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 04:33 AM   #2
gibson
Lifetime Premium

Yes I have almost ran out this summer. On a Vegas all you have is a low fuel light. Vegas only has a 4.2 gallon tank so when the light comes on it means .8 gallon left. I tried a couple times of stretching it out. Then I remembered that the fuel in the tank helps to keep the pump cool. Don't want to burn up the pump by running it low all the time. Changed over 50 pumps on cars and trucks and it gets expensive. People run on fumes so they can save a buck but in the long run cost them more. All the deposits run to the pump when it is almost empty and plug up the sock on the pump pick up..
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #3
Roadrocket

I always fill-up asap when the light comes on. It almost always takes 4.8 gal which should leave about a gal. in the tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement