the dragon - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #11
Bob C350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman123 View Post
friday me and my ole lady went for a ride stop in sweetwater for gas and after we left my bike started running like the chitty chitty bang bang it wouldnt idol and kept dying
I get that once and a while this time of year. It's rare but the last time I noticed some condensation on the engine. That's what I'm chalking mine up to. Any chance that could have been your issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Roadrocket

Yep, I'd bet on a little water in the fuel myself.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
roadrunnerdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Working for a MC mag, you probably get to ride a lot of roads. Do you have a technical road you prefer?
Well, maybe for me I just want something a little longer than 11 miles, though the curves are great. There's a road called "The Rattler" (can't think of its actual name at the moment) in the same area and I believe it's more like 20 miles. Though not as technical, I do enjoy the Cherohola Skyway and Blue Ridge Parkway a little more because I can enjoy them for hours at a time. I think I would probably enjoy the Dragon a little more if I could find the time (on a day when it isn't crowded) to ride it up and down a few times.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #14
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunnerdavid View Post
Well, maybe for me I just want something a little longer than 11 miles, though the curves are great. There's a road called "The Rattler" (can't think of its actual name at the moment) in the same area and I believe it's more like 20 miles. Though not as technical, I do enjoy the Cherohola Skyway and Blue Ridge Parkway a little more because I can enjoy them for hours at a time. I think I would probably enjoy the Dragon a little more if I could find the time (on a day when it isn't crowded) to ride it up and down a few times.
Heading East on the dragon take the left at Deals Gap. Several more great miles.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
ridealittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Could be. It gets awfully crowded and a lot of people ride very poorly. Meeting someone head on is a good way to eat it.

From my perspective it seems safer. I don't tend to ride there when it's crowded and if I do go thru during such times it's at a far reduced pace. When I think of a sporting wreck there I think of lowsiding into the weeds. Again the speeds generally aren't very high and there seems to be pretty good run off in most areas. You try to get those lean angles on Cherohala and lose grip, you'll end up following the geese down to a valley pond 6000 feet below the direct way.
i looked it up, there have been 34 killed there starting in 1995 on the chart i found. i never found any stats about the cherohala
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
rainman123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C350 View Post
I get that once and a while this time of year. It's rare but the last time I noticed some condensation on the engine. That's what I'm chalking mine up to. Any chance that could have been your issue?
Possible according to the mechanic at the dealer
98 t-bird traded for rocket
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
rainman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #17
rainman123

The rattler is also a good ride
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman123 View Post
The rattler is also a good ride
Is the rattler the one over by the oak ridge and the old prison?
Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
rainman123

No that's the devil triangle the rattler is in NC near Asheville if I remember right
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #20
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
Heading East on the dragon take the left at Deals Gap. Several more great miles.

Ive only been there once and I was going cross country in my C6 Vette, did a detour down there on a whim (from I-40) and got there just at dusk, was quite fun and rode around the area a bit didnt leave there until well after dark. Was a blast.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement