Protecting Your Investment - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
ftwflh

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

If anyone wants a bike bad enough to steal one NOTHING will stop them.Good Insurance will replace it.
Now believe me or not but a personal past of being crazy does help.
Like back a few years some guy stole my radar detector out of my truck.And when a friend of his ask him what truck he got it out of his friend told him to get that back to me.That I was super F ing nuts.
He gave it to the local police and told them where he got it.The police gave it back to me but wouldnt tell me who took it.
This was back when I was younger,rode a chopped out Sporty and looked wild and bushy.
Then a few yrs later I set some stuff on fire in my front yard and that has stuck in the whole towns head.So I dont have too many folks that I dont hang with snooping around.
1996 GMC truck
2005 Trailblazer
ftwflh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
visionjohnny

Go out and buy a big six gun holster. Now put it on your bike with a sign.
"whats missing could be pointed at you"

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
ftwflh

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Go out and buy a big six gun holster. Now put it on your bike with a sign.
"whats missing could be pointed at you"
LIKE that idea
Could set a motion sensor activated laser sight to put the dot on who is sitting on the bike
1996 GMC truck
2005 Trailblazer
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #14
TNXR

The thread mentions protecting your "investment". Since when is a new Victory an investment? It is a purchase, an investment can increase, decrease, or stay the same in value. A new Victory will just go down, and fast in value.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
DakotaRider

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
The thread mentions protecting your "investment". Since when is a new Victory an investment? It is a purchase, an investment can increase, decrease, or stay the same in value. A new Victory will just go down, and fast in value.
To me, my new XCT is an investment in my riding future. You see, at my age it is the last bike I will probably ever purchase. So it is my investment to keep riding as long as possible on the best bike I can afford. An investment doesn't necessarily mean monetary in nature. But, to each his/her own. YMMV. Ride safe and often.

Current Bike:
2012 Victory - Pearl White XCT - Dutchess
Rapid City, SD
Previous Bikes:
02 Goldwing - Stream Silver Metallic GL-1800
07 Goldwing - Dark Orange Metallic GL-1800

Last edited by DakotaRider; 11-28-2012 at 04:49 PM.
DakotaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRider View Post
To me, my new XCT is an investment in my riding future. You see, at my age it is the last bike I will probably ever purchase. So it is my investment to keep riding as long as possible on the best bike I can afford. An investment doesn't necessarily mean monetary in nature. But, to each his/her own. YMMV. Ride safe and often.
That's a good attitude. I think my XC will be my last touring bike. It runs well enough and is reliable enough to last at least 150k miles even though the engineers say it should last 100k. There are many Vic's that have gone over 130k, 140k, 150k, and even 200k. If it doesn't though; Rylan Vos, an expert Vic builder in the Midwest will get it to rebuild and bump up the hp.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #17
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

I bought mine with the intention of it being my last. I like it so much I'm doing 33k a year. I'll prolly need another before I'm done riding, but I will either rebuild her or have her done.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #18
TNXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRider View Post
I see what you are saying but of course I am looking at the money value wich makes most any vehicle purchase a terrible idea because they cost a lot and lose value right when you sign the paper. My XR probably will not be my last bike, I am in my mid-thirties and only put about 5k a year on them so I will get tired of it long before it ever wears out.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:07 AM   #19
ftwflh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
Only bike I have ever bought that didnt drop in value is my 1972 FLH
Gave $4200 for it in 1988 with 17000 miles on it.Got 200000+ miles now and still valued at $6500-$7000.But I have had to keep the maintenance up which has cost who knows what.
If my Vic holds up as good as this I will be very pleased
1996 GMC truck
2005 Trailblazer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement