Modified trunk light - 4710 and 2 LED strips - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #11
Wadcutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
I found the trailer wiring coming off the main rear harness, under the seat, along the right side of the frame, kinda tucked up under the plastic panel above the saddle bag. It's a little pigtail, with the four wires bent back and taped over individually.
Thanks. I haven't looked yet. I heard it was behind the saddlebag somewhere.
Wadcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
VictoryGreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
Doing something similar to Wadcutter's mod without the 4710. I purchased my LED's here, very good price and delivery.
http://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips

For my front end lighting, here is the link for the swtichbacks as well as some other replacement bulbs that may help.
http://autolumination.com/switchback.html

I just received the clear lens for the front and will be starting my mod within the next few days. Will post results as well. We all need a more visible brake/turn I think. Even my Goldwing buddies were ragging me for that much plastic having such low visibility.

Good luck!

Tim
Where did you get the clear lens for the front?
Greg
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
VictoryGreg

Default LED lights

W.C.,
You did a great job explaining how to install the LEDs on the bike and on how to tie into the two trunk lights.
Where/how do you tie into the wires with the 4710? Did you have to run additional wires? Where does the 4710 go when the installation is complete?
Your video looks great and the pics you show help out a lot. I just need a little more information, then it's off to order and wait for parts..... Can't wait for this mod....
VicGreg
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #14
Wadcutter

Where/how do you tie into the wires with the 4710?
I used the .pdf from another forum.
http://www.vision-riders.com/files/K...ionInstall.pdf
It's simpler than it looks. Once you get in to it the pictures become clearer.
Your wiring harness runs under the seat on the right side. It's wrapped in black tape. Strip back some of the tape and you'll find the various colored wiring. The wiring on the 4710 comes with labels. Lay it out and separate the wires. Make sure you don't remove any of the small labels. They make it really easy.
The last page of the .pdf tells which colored wire on the 4710 connects to the colored wire on the harness.
The green/pink wire is the only wire that needs to be cut. The end of the green/pink from the front of the bike connects to the blue 4710 input wire and the end of the cut green/pink that goes towards the rear of the bike connects to the brown 4710 output wire.
You will need to run the additional wire to the left trunk light. The violet output wire connects to this new wire. At the left trunk light cut the white/pink wire about 2" from the light socket. Tape the cut end that goes to the front of the bike. The 2" end then connect your new wire. I removed the inner trunk lid liner and ran it thru that space to get it out of the way. Also need the trunk lid liner removed or at least loose to run the LED wiring to the trunk lid lights.
On your bike harness under the seat you'll find a white/red striped wire, a blue wire, and a blue/pink striped wire.
Tap the red input wire from the 4710 to the white/red striped harness wire.
Tap the violet input wire from the 4710 to the blue harness wire.
Tap the brown input wire from the 4710 to the blue/pink striped harness wire.
There's a couple of bolts under the seat to the frame. Connect the black (ground) wire to one of the bolts.
The red wire on the 4710 isn't used. I rolled it up and taped it so the end was covered.
There are a couple of loads that come with the 4710. Those are not needed.
Make sure you don't have any bare wires. I taped everything up into a wrapped harness, found a place under the seat under the center of the trunk, and tucked it in so there was clearance when the seat was replaced.

Did you have to run additional wires?
The .pdf pictures says to run 1 extra wire. I ran 2. The wiring to the trunk lights is just 1 wire. Since they need to operate independently of each other another wire has to be run so to split them apart. I ran 2 new wires - one to each side from the 4710.
Fish the wires from the trunk lid on tghe right side. They'll come out under the seat under the right speaker area. Be careful if using a stiff wire to run the wires so you don't poke a hole in the speaker. You'd have to work at it some to get the probe wire in the speaker but if you're anything like me if I can find a way to damage something then it will happen.

Where does the 4710 go when the installation is complete?
Under the seat. The .pdf file put it in the opening under the seat under the trunk. Just fold the wires in neatly and then watch where you put it. There's clearance under the seat.
I put mine near the opening under the trunk. The 4710 comes with a plug in "stick" that operates the flashing brake lights. When the stick is plugged in the brake lights flash 4 times then stay on. Remove the stick and the brake lights come on normally without flashing. I wanted to be able to get to the stick in case somebody has problems with flashing brake lights. Flashing brake lights are not legal in IL and some other states. I figure if stopped then I can reach thru the bottom compartment in the trunk and reach the stick to unplug it without having to remove the seat.

Can't wait for this mod....
I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It makes a big difference particularly at night.
Wadcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryGreg View Post
Where did you get the clear lens for the front?
Greg
The best price I found for the Lens was through Kate at Honda East. The lens are commonly called international lens and the part numbers are:
front right/left clear
international turn signal lens.

2411198 79.00
2411199 68.00

Plus shipping.

The you can stick with the amber 3157's or upgrade to switchbacks which are plug and play so you can do the lens now and bulbs later should you like. Got some help from another sight previously mentioned and will be posting my final on the front end here. Len's took about 2 weeks to get in because of back order. Kate was excellent to work with.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement