Kickstand - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
mikebna
Junior Member
 
mikebna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 22
Default Kickstand

I'm having a hard time with the bike when I place it on the kickstand. It really seems that it wants to tip over away from the kickstand even when I crank the wheel all the way into it. I have never had a bike stand up this straight when placed on the kickstand and it will tip to the other side really easy. Also when parked on a slight grade it's even worse and will actually slide and start to tip over really easy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the suspension being a little lower than a standard Vision? It's a 2013 Ness Vision.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it lean a bit more? And how to keep it from sliding on the kickstand with even the slightest grade? Thanks-
mikebna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
ridealittle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: east tn near mountains
Posts: 462
Default

of course if you lower the bike with the same kickstand it will stand up straighter. i would hope on a ness bike if it was factory lowered they would put a shorter kickstand on it though. does it have the rubber on the bottom of the foot?
__________________
now , 2011 crossroads
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Tims_04V92TC
Senior Member
 
Tims_04V92TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chesapeake Va
Posts: 1,480
Garage
Default

I think you might have something about the Ness maybe being lower. I have not had any issues on the lean but have notice it does want to slip forward a bit easier than my TC.
__________________
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: JOCO KS
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebna View Post
I'm having a hard time with the bike when I place it on the kickstand. It really seems that it wants to tip over away from the kickstand even when I crank the wheel all the way into it. I have never had a bike stand up this straight when placed on the kickstand and it will tip to the other side really easy. Also when parked on a slight grade it's even worse and will actually slide and start to tip over really easy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the suspension being a little lower than a standard Vision? It's a 2013 Ness Vision.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it lean a bit more? And how to keep it from sliding on the kickstand with even the slightest grade? Thanks-
Easy fix... couple of vendors sell a shortened kickstand for lowered bikes..... HMD is one, and I know there are others. As for sliding forward, leave the bike in 1st gear whenever you park.
__________________
2011 Silver/black Vision, Ness Big Honkers, Ness Twin Sucker, PC-V w/AT, Lloydz VM1-DR cams, Lloydz Adj Intake, Lloydz Variable Timing Wheel.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
visionjohnny
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 5,702
Default

Go to dealer and measure the length of a vision kickstand thats not a ness one. You might have the wrong kickstand on your bike.

If not maybe your dealer can put your kick stand is his press and bend it.
Or HMD sell one measure yours and ask them what length theres is so you know if it will change any thing.
http://www.hmd520.com/category/Suspension-2
__________________
2008 vision
35 different model bikes over the years. Sent from computer where I search before I ask.
Mpls,Mn. no orange in my county

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
ridealittle
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: east tn near mountains
Posts: 462
Default

if you're handy you can cut it shorter and re-weld it or bend it, i don't know if it could be bent out enough without sticking out though. personally i would try bending it out first, cutting it shorter and re-welding if that won't work, but i'm just cheap and will try anything before spending money.
__________________
now , 2011 crossroads
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
mikebna
Junior Member
 
mikebna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Easy fix... couple of vendors sell a shortened kickstand for lowered bikes..... HMD is one, and I know there are others. As for sliding forward, leave the bike in 1st gear whenever you park.
Thanks for the info, I did find that as a possible solution when I searched here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Go to dealer and measure the length of a vision kickstand thats not a ness one. You might have the wrong kickstand on your bike.

If not maybe your dealer can put your kick stand is his press and bend it.
Or HMD sell one measure yours and ask them what length theres is so you know if it will change any thing.
http://www.hmd520.com/category/Suspension-2
I will, thanks for the info. You would think they would catch that when they put it together, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that may have this problem unless they forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
I think you might have something about the Ness maybe being lower. I have not had any issues on the lean but have notice it does want to slip forward a bit easier than my TC.
Yes mine does even on slight grades, now I know why my Harley's jiffey stand was so long and would extend out further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealittle View Post
of course if you lower the bike with the same kickstand it will stand up straighter. i would hope on a ness bike if it was factory lowered they would put a shorter kickstand on it though. does it have the rubber on the bottom of the foot?
Yes the rubber piece is still on it, I was thinking about removing it to help it lean a bit more.
__________________
2013 Arlen Ness Vision
L1 Exhaust, Vision Fog Lights, Lighted Victory Trunk Emblem, Highway Pegs, Lighted Victory Heritage Badges, Drivers Backrest, Passenger Arm Rests, Lots of extra chrome pieces added...
mikebna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
visionjohnny
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 5,702
Default

Get your dealer to bend it. They more then likely have a ten ton press that will bend it just fine. You will not need much of a bend. Thats what I did mine.
Putting heat to it will be fine but in a years time it will give out on you.
Still think you should measure and compair.
__________________
2008 vision
35 different model bikes over the years. Sent from computer where I search before I ask.
Mpls,Mn. no orange in my county

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
mikebna
Junior Member
 
mikebna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Get your dealer to bend it. They more then likely have a ten ton press that will bend it just fine. You will not need much of a bend. Thats what I did mine.
Putting heat to it will be fine but in a years time it will give out on you.
Still think you should measure and compair.
Ok I finally made it in today to the dealer and had the service manager measure mine and another regular Vision and they both have the same length. He said he was going to order a shorter one at no charge. I hope they come through cause I do not want to pay $205 for a shorter one.
__________________
2013 Arlen Ness Vision
L1 Exhaust, Vision Fog Lights, Lighted Victory Trunk Emblem, Highway Pegs, Lighted Victory Heritage Badges, Drivers Backrest, Passenger Arm Rests, Lots of extra chrome pieces added...
mikebna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
TheMike
Lifetime Premium
 
TheMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Longmont CO
Posts: 316
Default

This is all very interesting. I thought mine stood up too much too but just attributed it to the make. I'm gonna research this as well.

According to the parts schematic (http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp) there are NOT any differences between the kick stands on the Visions. Ness or not.
__________________
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 12-09-2012 at 07:31 PM.
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum