Kickstand - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
mikebna

Default Kickstand

I'm having a hard time with the bike when I place it on the kickstand. It really seems that it wants to tip over away from the kickstand even when I crank the wheel all the way into it. I have never had a bike stand up this straight when placed on the kickstand and it will tip to the other side really easy. Also when parked on a slight grade it's even worse and will actually slide and start to tip over really easy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the suspension being a little lower than a standard Vision? It's a 2013 Ness Vision.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it lean a bit more? And how to keep it from sliding on the kickstand with even the slightest grade? Thanks-
mikebna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #2
ridealittle

of course if you lower the bike with the same kickstand it will stand up straighter. i would hope on a ness bike if it was factory lowered they would put a shorter kickstand on it though. does it have the rubber on the bottom of the foot?
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

I think you might have something about the Ness maybe being lower. I have not had any issues on the lean but have notice it does want to slip forward a bit easier than my TC.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebna View Post
I'm having a hard time with the bike when I place it on the kickstand. It really seems that it wants to tip over away from the kickstand even when I crank the wheel all the way into it. I have never had a bike stand up this straight when placed on the kickstand and it will tip to the other side really easy. Also when parked on a slight grade it's even worse and will actually slide and start to tip over really easy.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the suspension being a little lower than a standard Vision? It's a 2013 Ness Vision.

Any suggestions on what to do to make it lean a bit more? And how to keep it from sliding on the kickstand with even the slightest grade? Thanks-
Easy fix... couple of vendors sell a shortened kickstand for lowered bikes..... HMD is one, and I know there are others. As for sliding forward, leave the bike in 1st gear whenever you park.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #5
visionjohnny

Go to dealer and measure the length of a vision kickstand thats not a ness one. You might have the wrong kickstand on your bike.

If not maybe your dealer can put your kick stand is his press and bend it.
Or HMD sell one measure yours and ask them what length theres is so you know if it will change any thing.
http://www.hmd520.com/category/Suspension-2

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
ridealittle

if you're handy you can cut it shorter and re-weld it or bend it, i don't know if it could be bent out enough without sticking out though. personally i would try bending it out first, cutting it shorter and re-welding if that won't work, but i'm just cheap and will try anything before spending money.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
mikebna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
Easy fix... couple of vendors sell a shortened kickstand for lowered bikes..... HMD is one, and I know there are others. As for sliding forward, leave the bike in 1st gear whenever you park.
Thanks for the info, I did find that as a possible solution when I searched here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Go to dealer and measure the length of a vision kickstand thats not a ness one. You might have the wrong kickstand on your bike.

If not maybe your dealer can put your kick stand is his press and bend it.
Or HMD sell one measure yours and ask them what length theres is so you know if it will change any thing.
http://www.hmd520.com/category/Suspension-2
I will, thanks for the info. You would think they would catch that when they put it together, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that may have this problem unless they forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
I think you might have something about the Ness maybe being lower. I have not had any issues on the lean but have notice it does want to slip forward a bit easier than my TC.
Yes mine does even on slight grades, now I know why my Harley's jiffey stand was so long and would extend out further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealittle View Post
of course if you lower the bike with the same kickstand it will stand up straighter. i would hope on a ness bike if it was factory lowered they would put a shorter kickstand on it though. does it have the rubber on the bottom of the foot?
Yes the rubber piece is still on it, I was thinking about removing it to help it lean a bit more.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
visionjohnny

Get your dealer to bend it. They more then likely have a ten ton press that will bend it just fine. You will not need much of a bend. Thats what I did mine.
Putting heat to it will be fine but in a years time it will give out on you.
Still think you should measure and compair.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
mikebna

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Get your dealer to bend it. They more then likely have a ten ton press that will bend it just fine. You will not need much of a bend. Thats what I did mine.
Putting heat to it will be fine but in a years time it will give out on you.
Still think you should measure and compair.
Ok I finally made it in today to the dealer and had the service manager measure mine and another regular Vision and they both have the same length. He said he was going to order a shorter one at no charge. I hope they come through cause I do not want to pay $205 for a shorter one.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

This is all very interesting. I thought mine stood up too much too but just attributed it to the make. I'm gonna research this as well.

According to the parts schematic (http://parts.polarisind.com/Browse/Browse.asp) there are NOT any differences between the kick stands on the Visions. Ness or not.
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 12-09-2012 at 07:31 PM.
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement