32 degree's with just a jacket because I can - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Tims_04V92TC

Garage
Default 32 degree's with just a jacket because I can

Well I thought I would brag on the VV and the addition of the lowers... As for the bike itself, I am still riding with my summer shorty and doing well as we start dipping into the low 30s. Went on a 240 mile ride Saturday with one of my GW buddies and what a great time. I must say the electric shield is not only nice to have ride wise, tis a great show off tool to your GW buddies.. hehe.. The VV held up great against the GW getting mpg wise with the VV about 5 mpg better for the ride. We hit some 20mph head winds that occasionally turned into crosswinds.. I think the VV handled it better then my buddy did but I could be bias. Im just blown away how the VV cuts through this stuff

Clothing I kept light just to see how well the VV does protect its rider. Outside temp was never better than 43 at best, I had my leather jacket and a thermal pull over with blue jeans and leather gloves.. I did get cold when we stopped or extended loss of sun but I must say the VV impressed the heck out of me. I thought forsure I was going to have to pull the chaps out but it never became a nessisity during the 4 hours.

Last couple nights at work, windy, damp and back into the low 30s. So time for the ultimate test, my HD ridin buddy on his Ultra Glide came in as well, we were both dressed the same. Light trousers (work requirment), leather jacket, leather gloves. Again, amazed! Ambient going home was 32 degree's, top of legs got cool after 40 minutes but the grips and seat kept me above the "OMG its dogon cold" mark. Lower legs did well with my steele toe boots getting a little chilly. Overall I was happy! Would never attempt on my TC. Kenny didnt ride in tonight.. lol... Said I was crazy...

So, with the lowers as the only change to the bike air flow wise, it is no longer CRITICAL to don the chaps and hoodie, etc etc, etc to come to work in the low 30's.. I continue to be amazed by this bike. Wouldnt ride like that over a long haul but I did to work because the VV says I can.. hehehe

Enjoying my new Vic... Im riding the TC in to work tomorrow, its Friday and going to be in the 50's.. hehe

Safe ridin all
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I'm with you. I found one night that my 43 mile ride home in the mid 30's, all at 75mph or greater was just fine in my Jeans. My 1400 mile trip after I got her wasn't with the lowers but I was dressed in the end for it. Since then, the lowers have gone on and oh boy, what an addition. A must in my book.

No riding in the heat yet. Will see how they help/hurt this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement