Missing something? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 11-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
HBJackson

Default Missing something?

OK, I did a routine check before riding yesterday, and saw a shiny, non-blacked-out area with a screw hole. It seems like there's a part missing in front of the engine near the gearbox.

My questions are, what was it? Why did it just fall off after 2300 miles? and is it safe to ride? Not sure whether the hole extends into the transmission box or whether it is just a bracket to hold the wires in place.

Here's a photo, can anyone advise me about this?

2012-11-09_13-42-53_175.jpg

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Blueline

Don't know why that step is still in the manufacturing process but, it's the place where the old style oil cooler tubing entered the engine. Nothing fell off and if it were my bike, I'd take a sharpie to it. Perfectly safe to ride!!
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
HBJackson

Thanks Blue, I appreciate your help.

That is strange. Also, the fact that I never noticed it before, and that it was not painted in the process makes me think there was at least a plug or screw in the hole. If this is where oil cooler line entered the engine, doesn't that mean that the hole will allow debris into the engine if not plugged?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
The Wolf

I've got an 06 Hammer and the screw hole itself doesn't penetrate the case according to the schematic pics in my service manual so you should be fine. If it did you would have had oil all around that area! I am surprised they left the screw hole when clearly the oil line hole is no longer located there. Maybe it was left as extra place to clamp down cables/wires if needed on newer models.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
jchris56

Garage

My Vegas is the same way. That hole was empty when it was in the showroom.

Freedom performance exhaust, Lloydz air filter, Lloydz quarter turn throttle ring, PCV, Lloydz Touring cams, HMD Bars, keyless ignition, Rockford Fosgate Amp, klockworks windshield. 119hp 123lbs torque.
jchris56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
HBJackson

Thanks all. Seems pretty cheap to me tho. My first Vic disappointment.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
Roadrocket

I wanna say this came up a couple of years ago and it turned out to be a mount used in the production process.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
sparky81

Exactly where the oil cooler line goes into on my 04 Vegas.
Advertisement