Modern Tires - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Default Modern Tires

Gotta luv em,

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1502/M...nds-Video.aspx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
BThomas
Premium Member

I had those on my Honda VFR... Outstanding rubber wet or dry!
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #3
gibson
Lifetime Premium

Thing I have noticed over the years if they are good for wet, dry and heat will eat them up. So it is hard to find the right tire for all conditions. I guess where you live you have to buy the right tire for your driving conditions. I do not ride hardly in wet no more. Not a die hard like I use to be..
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
BThomas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson View Post
Thing I have noticed over the years if they are good for wet, dry and heat will eat them up. So it is hard to find the right tire for all conditions. I guess where you live you have to buy the right tire for your driving conditions. I do not ride hardly in wet no more. Not a die hard like I use to be..
I know what you mean but as I live in Oregon, if I only rode when it's dry out, I'd only get to ride about 11 days of the year....

I've noticed that while I really like the handling of my XC on dry pavement, the rear end tends to break loose much easier on wet than my sport tourers did.

I imagine that this is both a function of riding an 800lb touring bike compared to a 450-650lb sport bike as well as a function of the dual compound tires I am used to riding on...

I about fell off my chair reading the mileage that folks get on our stock tires--up to 20,000 miles (REALLY?) I'm used to trading out between 4000 and 7000 miles on my old bikes! And, I'm learning to go a bit easier when coming out of corners on wet pavement with my new ride.

Anyway, no complaints here but I would be 1st in line to give up some tire longevity for better wet surface traction if it meant going to a softer or dual compound tire...
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Micg1313
Lifetime Premium

Pirelli Night Dragon tires , there going on my CCT as soon as the E3s are worn out . I have two sets on my Harley s and there outstanding tires .
Micg1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement