I mourn for my country - Page 63 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #621
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugkiller View Post
I hope I don't have one of those things from " Star Trek;The Wrath of Khan"
I am for gun rights. I think the gun control laws we have, at least here in Calif., are enough.
I don't like seeing our country pulled apart by these wedge issues, which people aren't going to change their opinion on anyway, and aren't the serious problems facing our country.
I also dismiss any generalizations, i.e. 47% of americans are takers, all white people that voted against Obama did so because of race, or all christians are trying to shove their religion down anyone else's throat. Blanket statements about people are poor arguments.
Some generalizations are generalizations because they are generally true, such as the 47%.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #622
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugkiller View Post
When Obama was first elected, G.W. Bush handed him two letters, and said if things go really bad open the first letter. If something else goes really wrong, open the second letter.
Well, unemployment kept falling, so Obama opened the first letter, and it said, Blame it on me.
When casualties continued to mount in Iraq and Afghanistan, Obama opened the second letter. It said,
Sit down and write two letters.
That's funny, ok the bugs haven't eaten all your brain.. yet.

1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #623
Lance
Premium Member

This back and forth is bound to create turmoil between the sides, since neither's points will convince the other...

I simply believe Obama is a TERRIBLE mistake for this country... since his background and world view is so very foreign to America... I'll let Pravda, who has more knowledge of such things than I to describle Obama, they called him a 'communist' and that it was the 'illiterate' in America that voted for him... I think they got that wrong since I'm sure many of them could actually read and write, a little.

And Obama is a big government big spender big taxer.... etc. (Very unconstitutional)

There's a HUGE difference voting for Obama and any other democrat/liberal in the past.. he's different (and I don't mean color). He's out to 'transform' this country, and that's a dangerous view... remember, Presidents pledge to "Protect and defend The Constitution..." he doesn't.

I've got Sirius radio in my car so I have a lot more choices than Rush Limbaugh... I find the banter on both sides mostly boring as they preach to their individual choirs.

I find this chatter here mostly boring as well... but it's hard to listen to all the Obama cheerleaders when our Country is at stake...

If some of the prognosticaters have it right we're in for some AMAZING times in the next few years... some of which make Obama's wild spending and unmanagable debt make some sense... if U.S. oil production has a massive BOOM (which is already happening in some regions) everything will change as we become the world's oil leader... and Obama will be at the reins as the money POURS in... we'll see.
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #624
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Some generalizations are generalizations because they are generally true, such as the 47%.
Wrong. The number of takers is near 100%. We nearly all take from public education when we are young and we nearly all take from old age insurance or gov't pensions when we're old.

In addition, I'd guess a majority of Americans benefit indirectly if not directly from gov't spending. Between Defense spending, Medicare/Medicaid spending, local cops, fire protection, utilities, and teachers, I'd say about 80% of our economy has their mouth planted firmly on the teat.

Either our small population of goods producers have to pay for all this or we borrow. That's why it was so critical that Bush and later Obama provided loans to the auto industry. You are so blinded by the union BS of rich idiots getting you to turn on your fellow working people that you can't even see you are arguing against our genuine "makers."

The 47% are only those currently at the trough. You likely have been their feeding and will feed again someday, so please stop acting like such a clueless prick. It brings shame to the Wild Wild West.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #625
Azdave

Ah Boehner and McConnell 2 POS again doing all they can to cause pain to the USA. Hopefully the righties can see through the BS these 2 idiots lay out. No ideas, no solutions, no foresight, just lies and insults. 2 of the worst elected officials in the US.

BTW Obama's lunch with Mitt was a joke. Hey Mitt want to sit in the Oval Office waste of time and food meeting with Mitt
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #626
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Wrong. The number of takers is near 100%. We nearly all take from public education when we are young and we nearly all take from old age insurance or gov't pensions when we're old.

In addition, I'd guess a majority of Americans benefit indirectly if not directly from gov't spending. Between Defense spending, Medicare/Medicaid spending, local cops, fire protection, utilities, and teachers, I'd say about 80% of our economy has their mouth planted firmly on the teat.

Either our small population of goods producers have to pay for all this or we borrow. That's why it was so critical that Bush and later Obama provided loans to the auto industry. You are so blinded by the union BS of rich idiots getting you to turn on your fellow working people that you can't even see you are arguing against our genuine "makers."

The 47% are only those currently at the trough. You likely have been their feeding and will feed again someday, so please stop acting like such a clueless prick. It brings shame to the Wild Wild West.
Yawn... that's the "You didn't built that" line... and half of us know the guys on the line at GM 'work there', they didn't build the company, the true "makers" are the people who created the company.

So many of us are intwined in some sort of gov't payout because the gov't is involved in too many things that the people and the states should handle...

Yes, one of us is clueless.

You seem angry, like most liberals.
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #627
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Ah Boehner and McConnell 2 POS again doing all they can to cause pain to the USA. Hopefully the righties can see through the BS these 2 idiots lay out. No ideas, no solutions, no foresight, just lies and insults. 2 of the worst elected officials in the US.
No ideas at all.... silly boy.

I imagine Pelosi and Reid are 2 of the best elected officials in the U.S. eh?

Your comedy act is getting old.. one side's big idea is "LET'S TAX THEM MORE".... the other side actually wants to solve the problem and try to CUT GOVERNMENT SPENDING... what a silly non-idea.

If the republicans are "idiots" for such ideas then Obama has 'down's syndrome' for his "idea".

P.S. I'll agree that the republicans are proposing minimal crap that won't do much, but a little in the right direction is better than continuing in the wrong direction...

Obama's compass is stuck on "Wrong direction".
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-30-2012, 09:54 AM   #628
Lance
Premium Member

Saddlebag: "so please stop acting like such a clueless prick"

Listen to you and such big-boy language.

1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #629
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Yawn... that's the "You didn't built that" line... and half of us know the guys on the line at GM 'work there', they didn't build the company, the true "makers" are the people who created the company.
That's right, the people who "created" the company are long dead and gone. Without the people currently building product, that wealth creating industry would be dead and gone too.

And don't think because Romney got 48% of the vote that all of them are as clueless as you. Many of them were just looking for preferred tax treatment.

Quote:
So many of us are intwined in some sort of gov't payout because the gov't is involved in too many things that the people and the states should handle...
Maybe so, what's your solution, have Romney expand the military by $2 trillion a year?

Quote:
Yes, one of us is clueless.
That much is painfully obvious to those of us with an education.

Quote:
You seem angry, like most liberals.
Not at all, just tired of your incessant whining about how unfair the world is to you.

Last edited by saddlebag; 11-30-2012 at 11:12 AM.
saddlebag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #630
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
That's right, the people who "created" the company are long dead and gone. Without the people currently building product, that wealth creating industry would be dead and gone too.

And don't think because Romney got 48% of the vote that all of them are as clueless as you. Many of them were just looking for preferred tax treatment.

Maybe so, what's your solution, have Romney expand the military by $2 trillion a year?

That much is painfully obvious to those of us with an education.

Not at all, just tired of your incessant whining about how unfair the world is to you.
Duh. "The Company" doesn't need to be the original founders of it... duh, but your 'the workers should own the company' view is ridiculous, they WORK THERE, they didn't 'build that'. If 'those' workers don't appreciate the job somebody else will.

Right, Romney supporters were the rich looking for tax breaks. Not patriotic constitutionalists looking to return this country to its founding principles. It's just those evil rich you so dispise trying to keep what they've earned, terrible!

Solution?? You aren't looking for a solution if you support Obama, he's only got plans to increase the problem. As for military spending, I'd cut it A LOT, and don't agree with the republican view of more and more military spending.

Oh, let me stop 'whining' now, so I can listen to your 'wisdom'... funny how someone who has a different view is 'whining' and someone who supports your liberal agenda is brillant. That's very big-boy thinking of you.

1974 BMW R75/5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement