I mourn for my country - Page 65 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #641
Lance
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 975
Default

I suggest you let saddlebag or one of the other socialists have the last point before closing this thread, since they won the election.

I'll put a few points up for them in case they've forgotten their agenda:

1. Obama is amazing, in every area possible.
2. The Constitution is old and dusty, it should be tossed out or re-written.
3. Spending by the federal government should be unfettered and the debt have no limit.
4. The federal government should take from the rich and give to the poor, the rich are bastards.
5. The federal government should control all things, the states should be subserviant to it.
6. We should make up a new word that means 'Socialism' but doesn't sound so bad, or just use 'progressive' like we've been doing.

That should cover their main points.
Make sure you let them put up a pie chart proving all that as well.

__________________
2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #642
Lance
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
BLATANT LIE ALERT!!!!
Obama's policy's HELP business and productivity in certain BUSINESS areas. THIS was saddlebag's argument. They may not be the areas YOU (Lance Rushbaugh) "thinks" should benefit but they ARE still businesses. This is not as black and white as (it appears) too many conservatives believe.

Bottom line is that Obama is routing $'s to programs that Romney would not have supported. Tough titties, Obama WON so he has the ability (AND RIGHT) to route funding where HE wants it to go. Rom-idiot would have done the same thing to areas HE favored which (believe it or not) would NOT have been good for the AMERICAN BUSINESSES but would have been good for businesses in general (e.g. those businesses that leverage off-shore in order to avoid tax & other US-oriented costs).

By now it should OBVIOUS even to the MOST hard headed that Obama won and Romney lost but it seems that Lance still thinks that the election is still on. In true democratic fashion I for one move that this thread be closed. Can I get someone to second me?
Typical liberal... they keep arguing with me, stop them! Shut them up! They aren't as smart as me!

Note: It's 'really' simple NOT to continue to click onto a thread you don't like... email me if you like and I'll tell you how that works.

__________________
2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #643
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,415
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
1. Obama is amazing, in every area possible.
__________________
http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #644
Donzo
Senior Member
 
Donzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 311
Default

I am was a Romney supporter, unfortunately we republicans lost. I have concerns about the future of our country and of our personal freedoms.
I am going to keep an open mind the "proof will be in the pudding". Lets see where we are in 4 years, the same, worse or much worse. Will the country still be divided like today, worse. or will we come together because we are in a better place than now.
It is what it is.
__________________
Enjoy the miles....we only get so many!
Donzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #645
Azdave
Senior Member
 
Azdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 1,324
Default

No point in locking it. Has provided information, opinion, education and humor. All you could want in a thread
__________________
Blame it on me
2014 HD Street Glide
2013 Vision Sunset Red
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #646
Lance
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
No point in locking it. Has provided information, opinion, education and humor. All you could want in a thread
Right, as if you believe it shouldn't be locked. Communist double-speak.

Information! You mean propaganda!

Opinion, ha! Your opinion smells like a smelly thing.

Humor.. now THAT'S funny.

All you could want in a thread except a FREE CELL PHONE!


Note: I appologize for the above... it's Saturday and Rush Limbaugh isn't on so I didn't know what else to say.
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #647
Bugkiller
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cloverdale Ca.
Posts: 41
Default

There's a lot of dispute on here on what the role of the Federal govt. is. So I looked in the owners manual, and it clearly spells it out.
From the preamble of the constitution;
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, provide for the common defense, insure domestic tranquility, PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE....

And again in Article 1; Section 8;
The congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay debts, and provide for the common defence and GENERAL WELFARE of the United States.

The "general welfare of the United States" was so important it was put in the constitution twice.
The definition of general is "Applicable to or affecting the whole or every member of a category".
The definition of welfare is ; "The condition of being well or doing well; health, happiness and prosperity".
Like I said, this is right from the owners manual for the United States. It's why healthcare and prosperity is just as much the responsibility of the federal govt. as is national defense.
It is not subject to interpetation. These truths are not best left up to the states. This was the will of our founding fathers.
Bugkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #648
Bugkiller
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cloverdale Ca.
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Some generalizations are generalizations because they are generally true, such as the 47%.
About those 47%. Who are they? Romney described them as "those people that expect free food, housing, healthcare, you name it", but who are they really? Some call them the "takers" What's a "taker"?

Is a taker a a Spec 4 that had both legs blown off in Iraq and now lives off his V.A. disability and "takes" free govt. provided V.A. healthcare?

Is a taker the widow of a 9/11 first responder, who has four children, and needs AFDC and section 8 housing to survive?

How about a senior couple who worked and paid taxes all their lives, only to have one of them to come down with a disease that left them bankrupt when their for profit insurance company dropped them when they needed their insurance the most?

Or maybe it's a senior couple who again, worked and paid taxes all their life, only to lose all their retirement in the stock market because of a company like Enron, or lost all the equity in their home because the banks crashed the housing market, leaving them with nothing but their measly social security to live on.

Almost all of us don't have to look very far to find a "47% taker" in our own families.
Bugkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #649
Lance
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugkiller View Post
There's a lot of dispute on here on what the role of the Federal govt. is. So I looked in the owners manual, and it clearly spells it out.
From the preamble of the constitution;
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, provide for the common defense, insure domestic tranquility, PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE....

And again in Article 1; Section 8;
The congress shall have the power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay debts, and provide for the common defence and GENERAL WELFARE of the United States.

The "general welfare of the United States" was so important it was put in the constitution twice.
The definition of general is "Applicable to or affecting the whole or every member of a category".
The definition of welfare is ; "The condition of being well or doing well; health, happiness and prosperity".
Like I said, this is right from the owners manual for the United States. It's why healthcare and prosperity is just as much the responsibility of the federal govt. as is national defense.
It is not subject to interpetation. These truths are not best left up to the states. This was the will of our founding fathers.
You need to do a little more homework... The Constitution spells out 'the enumerated powers' of the fed. gov't... THAT's what the fed. gov't can do, everything else is the responsibility of the states, your flawed interpretation of 'the general welfare' is not new, it's the old "The federal gov't can do ANYTHING" argument.. which, because the powers of the fed are spelled out, is just wrong.

If it were the case then there would be no need to spell out just what the fed. gov't CAN do...

Back to school.
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #650
Lance
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugkiller View Post
About those 47%. Who are they? Romney described them as "those people that expect free food, housing, healthcare, you name it", but who are they really? Some call them the "takers" What's a "taker"?

Is a taker a a Spec 4 that had both legs blown off in Iraq and now lives off his V.A. disability and "takes" free govt. provided V.A. healthcare?

Is a taker the widow of a 9/11 first responder, who has four children, and needs AFDC and section 8 housing to survive?

How about a senior couple who worked and paid taxes all their lives, only to have one of them to come down with a disease that left them bankrupt when their for profit insurance company dropped them when they needed their insurance the most?

Or maybe it's a senior couple who again, worked and paid taxes all their life, only to lose all their retirement in the stock market because of a company like Enron, or lost all the equity in their home because the banks crashed the housing market, leaving them with nothing but their measly social security to live on.

Almost all of us don't have to look very far to find a "47% taker" in our own families.
You don't get around much do you... Romney made a factual statement about the people who generally 'get' from gov't, and don't pay taxes, and that many of those people will simply vote in their self-interest to continue to 'get' from the gov't... most of the people you mention have paid into a program or are truly in need and were never on the chopping block....

If you don't know that there is a huge number of those 47% that are simply taking advantage of hand-outs 'rather' than working for themselves then you need to get out more.

The federal government SPENDS TOO MUCH, and some of that spending is in the 47% category... if you think such spending is simply a never ending and never decreasing entitlement then you are a good liberal.... who won't begin to see until this house of cards comes crashing down.
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum