Guns and knives - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
ridealittle

i carry a colt defender in .45acp most of the time, sometimes a dan wesson cbob in 10mm. i am a fan of the 1911 style guns, but i did just pick up a sig 229 in .357 sig. haven't shot it yet because the shells are so high at the stores. i'm going to the rk show next weekend where georgia arms has them cheap. i may replace my defender with the 229 as a carry gun if i like the way it shoots.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealittle View Post
i carry a colt defender in .45acp most of the time, sometimes a dan wesson cbob in 10mm. i am a fan of the 1911 style guns, but i did just pick up a sig 229 in .357 sig. haven't shot it yet because the shells are so high at the stores. i'm going to the rk show next weekend where georgia arms has them cheap. i may replace my defender with the 229 as a carry gun if i like the way it shoots.
You'll like the .357Sig. Recoils like a 9 and has very strong ballistics. Ammo is expensive but you might try places like Midway or Cheaperthandirt. The 229 is a good choice to replace your 45.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
ridealittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
You'll like the .357Sig. Recoils like a 9 and has very strong ballistics. Ammo is expensive but you might try places like Midway or Cheaperthandirt. The 229 is a good choice to replace your 45.
i had a sigpro in .357 sig , i liked the round but not the poly framed gun. i like the feel of the 229 and i got it priced right, georgia arms sell 50 rds. at the shows for 16.00 or so. i will get dies and re-load after i gather enough brass IF i like the gun and decide to keep it.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #14
1 big skeeter

Sigs are very fine weapons. I've had a 226 in 9mm for 28 years and a 229 in .40 for 12 years. Haven't fired the 229 but the 226 has approx. 18000 rounds through it with NO breakages of any kind. I did, however, replace the springs throughout 5-6 years ago. The barrel will be replaced with another factory barrel this coming year as the grouping is starting to widen out a bit.

I had two of the very 1st S&W 1006 10mm's that hit the market. This was the weapon the FBI had S&W make for the 10mm cartridge. They quickly found the weapon was accurate and powerful. But, the full size frame was hard to conceal and agents with smaller hands had a tough time controlling it. They then tried a smaller framed S&W 10 but quickly found a large controllability issue. So, they went with the Sig in .357Sig and .40.

I've killed several close deer with it and a bunch of hogs out to about 75 yards. Nothing goes far once it's hit with that round.

As for the .45 pictured in my 1st post. It's a custom 1 of a kind. Caspian frame/slide, match grade innerds, Schumann 4 port barrel. Recoils like a 9mm. But, recoil is slower....not sharp like a 9's-if that makes sense. VERY accurate and easy to control for follow-up shots. A buddy of mine, Gunsmith extraordinaire John Barr in Houston, cut out the slide for the barrel and hand fitted all the parts plus made the custom mag release button.

Another view of the Custom - 9 rnds of 165gr CorBon

Ruger SR9 Full Size stoked with 18 rounds of CorBon

My Sig 229 .40 cal presentation pistol

KelTec .380 that I've since added Laser site and extended mag - 9 rnds of CorBon

My 26 year old Kimber Pro Carry. It's had 12000 rounds through it with the original barrel and still going strong. But, it's a THUMPER! CorBon's here too!

North American Arms Black Widow in .22LR/.22Mag

Sig 226 9mm shortly after John refinished it for me

You've probably figured out I likes me some CorBons...

There are a bunch of long guns, shotguns, and BB guns too. I believe I can hunt just about any critter on 4 hooves with the exception of elephant and water buffalo...Guess I'll just have to break out the bow for those giants...

If only they made CorBon arrows.....

Best Regards.

2006 Wing
2007 Tailwind XTc
Kumho ECSTA RF 195/55/16 #2 10/24/11 @ 34 psi
BT-45 11/7/11 @ 41 psi
DSI #350
1 big skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement