Communicators - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 12-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #11
LazyDawg
Lifetime Premium

Wife and I have Bluetooth. The Scala G4 Powerset. Great for on bike and Bike to Bike if she is riding her own scoot. We also link in with our buddy and his wife if we go on a longer trip with them. Pretty impressive range bike to bike considering they are bluetooth, better than a mile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
Term

Got to do a little testing this weekend with the Sena SMH10. Works really well. Pretty decent sound quality. I think it is going to work well for us.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

We use the Sena HMS10 h, for half hemets. Works well even bike to car.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #14
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlocker95 View Post
Another vote for the Sena. I have the SM-10 as well but the SM-5 is cheaper and will most likely do everything you want (it wasn't available when I bought my setup).

The SM-10 sells for $284.25 a pair on Revzilla.com while the SM-5 is $186.71. The SM-10 has a range of 900 meters with a 12 hour talk time. The SM-5 has a 400 meeter range and 8 hours of talk time. Another option is the SM-5 with a built in FM receiver which goes for $119.25 each.

If you are only going to use the intercom with your wife or someone close to you then the range won't matter. As for talk time, your call on if the extra 4 hours of talk time is worth $100 bucks.

You can connect any Bluetooth enabled device in addition to the intercom (i.e. GPS). To share a Bluetooth enabled device between you and your passenger, or connect a non-Bluetooth enabled device you will need the SM-10 dual stream Bluetooth stereo transmitter. For external communications though it is limited to systems that use Honda Gold Wings and Harley Davidson accessory 5 or 7 pin DIN cables.

I use the SM-10 to connect to my Midland 75-822 portable CB. It can also be used to connect to most FRMS radios. But as far as I know it doesn't allow you to share those connections between you and your passenger.
Goatlocker is hitting the nail on the head then I would think according to your riding style (for now). You can't even buy the cables for the CB/Icomm package for this price. Go with the BT and get it happening now. It has taken me the better part of a month to get all the parts for the CB install on my Vision, now I need to find the time to break the bike down to install it... BT is quick and easy and I think it fits your "Back in the Saddle" style...

Safe riddin!!

Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
marvin24

Scala Rider G4 works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
marvin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement