The Vision is not a Cadillac...... - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
jokerman

Thumbs up The Vision is not a Cadillac......

Having just picked up a 2012 barely broken in with under 1700 miles and riding it home from Tucson to Phoenix, I have to say that "Cadillac" may be an understatement! After 2.5hrs in the saddle & 150 miles, I felt like I had just ridden around the block a couple times & could easily go another 300 miles!
I had ridden a Vision once before but not on a straight run like this at 80mph. This is bike #10 over 40 years of riding & I must say, it is a "perfect 10" for sure!
Perhaps the "Rolls Royce" of motorcycles is more like it?
My previous ride was a 2011 XC, but like someone else has said before, even with improved wind management, you can not make an XC or XCT into a Vision. Now I am already looking forward to a run to Sturgis.
I am happy I found a 2012 as Ma Vic has cheapened up the '13's & done away with the lighted badges. As an added bonus, the bike already came with the upgraded air deflectors, stage 1 & HID. I was planning on all 3 anyway. The icing on the cake was finding out the bike had been lowered 1" in the rear. It handles way better than stock
Can anyone tell me if I need new bag inserts with the 1" drop? Me dealer is recommending it but I think the key is to make sure I maintain proper air pressure in the shock.

One more thing, I think Ma Vic should have named this model "Victory Comfort". It is the closest thing to a Lazy Boy on 2 wheels!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1176-110d688a.jpg (41.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 1176-e68c0048-th.jpg (9.0 KB, 460 views)

"THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY" General Douglas MacArthur
jokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Congrats Wayne! I saw this bike for sale and thought it was a great deal for such a nice bike. I'm glad you were the one to score it!

I still think your XC turned XCT is a first class bike though. I hope you don't feel the extra heat on the Vision too much during our mildly hot () Summers.

Good luck on the sale but at the price you are asking; it should go in a minute.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerman View Post
Having just picked up a 2012 barely broken in with under 1700 miles and riding it home from Tucson to Phoenix, I have to say that "Cadillac" may be an understatement!
Gorgeous. That's my favorite of their color schemes. It seems to be fairly rare as I can't ever remember anyone posting a pic of one with that paint job.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
jokerman

Arrow paint scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Gorgeous. That's my favorite of their color schemes. It seems to be fairly rare as I can't ever remember anyone posting a pic of one with that paint job.
Evidently, must be a popular color since it has been held over for '13. At first I thought the graphics were decaled on but they are part of the complete paint upgrade. Previous owner detailed the crap out of this thing!

Old 12-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
visionjohnny

Jokerman
yes add air. I'm 210 and run with 40psi less some railroad crossing I will bottom. I did crack my inner bag and repaired it with black silicon so it doesn't leak.
Keep you eye out for railroad crossing and deep pot holes.
Vision is the one bike I can ride day after day and don't feel the pain like that other v twin

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
ridealittle

i just can't get by the looks of a vision, hell my xr took me a month to get used to, someone at the biker rags swap meet today said it looked like a space ship.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Blueline

If I was looking for a Vision, that red one would be my choice. Beautiful bike. Good luck and ride safe. Wonder why a person would get rid of a new bike like that. Whatever, you picked up a beauty.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
jokerman

Question Bottoming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Jokerman
yes add air. I'm 210 and run with 40psi less some railroad crossing I will bottom. I did crack my inner bag and repaired it with black silicon so it doesn't leak.
Keep you eye out for railroad crossing and deep pot holes.
Vision is the one bike I can ride day after day and don't feel the pain like that other v twin
Johnny: Has your Vision been dropped 1" or more? Rear + front or just rear?
What about riding 2 up? I am 240# riding 1 up.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
jokerman

Arrow Spaceship

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridealittle View Post
i just can't get by the looks of a vision, hell my xr took me a month to get used to, someone at the biker rags swap meet today said it looked like a space ship.
Yes indeed. When I bought my XC new I was told that the Vision was the ultimate ride but as I told the dealer at the time, I don't want to have to dress up like Flash Gordon when I rided
I flat out said that "that bike is just not me". However, after 2 years & obtaining my AARP card, comfort has won hands down over looks. Plus, I have the cover plate to install when I remove the "space pod". I plan on having a 2 season bike like my XC. Use the trunk in winter when I carry extra gear & mothball it in summer to enhance the looks & performance.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Congrats! I think you got one great lookin ride! Told ya it would really become a better ride after 300-400 miles in the saddle. I have got the space "ground control to major Tom" more then once. Could care less because this bike is a blast!
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement