The Vision is not a Cadillac...... - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 12-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
REPEATERUSR

Well Wayne congrats !! ,yes I've heard that the Vision looks like a spaceship more times than I have fingers and toes ! I do call my Vision my Bently to all that asks . As for those hd guys that call it a spaceship,all I can tell them is I'll be on Mars while there still gettin thier buttsores healed up!
REPEATERUSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
Speedblue

Default Who----

Who cares what the Harley people say? If we did none of us would be riding the Victory anyways. When I got my new Triumph in 05 I put up with a lot of people turning their noses up at my bike, so what! I enjoyed the bike and it was a very good bike. Even had one guy on a Harley call it a wanta be Harley. Let me see a Triumph parallel twin is suppose to look like a v-twin engine in a Harley, through his eyes I guess, get real guy, or should I have told him to buy some new glasses,ha,ha. Lots of bikes out there have v-twins powering them and there has been in the past, Harley was not the only company to use a v-twin. V-twins are also used for industrial engines for example Kohler has several models.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 AM   #13
jokerman

Angry Az "Dry Heat"

[QUOTE=BBob;113848]Congrats Wayne! I saw this bike for sale and thought it was a great deal for such a nice bike. I'm glad you were the one to score it!

I still think your XC turned XCT is a first class bike though. I hope you don't feel the extra heat on the Vision too much during our mildly hot () Summers.

Yes indeed Bob. Everything comes at a price & I believe my summer rides in Phoenix stop & go rush hour traffic may become a little warmer. The secret is to keep the bike moving for the lowers to do their job. You got to realize, space ships are designed to travel in very cold atmosphere's!

"THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY" General Douglas MacArthur
jokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
A-dog

My Vision is identical to yours, same year and color scheme. I've posted in another thread that this bike get more admiration than any other bike I've owned. People have actually waited for me in parking lots of stores and restaurants to talk about my bike. Most people like the way it looks.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
SS_Twin

Default Sunset Red!

Jokerman, congrats on the new ride!! I really like it, of course I should.......I have the twin of that in my garage.

On Nov 17, this year I picked up a 2012 Sunset Red VV, 1200 miles, with HID (aftermarket), backrest, trunk luggage rack, passenger back rest, and rear rack. I love it so far and have lots of plans to "improve" it along the way.

I will be adding CycleOps deflectors in powder coated black, upper and lower. Will also be looking for tidy ways to mount my Zumo and V1 detector, so any and all ideas and suggestions would be appreciated.

Can't comment on the lowering; mine is stock height. At 6' height, I am comfortable with the ride height and the low speed handling and stability is awesome.

Enjoy the (s)miles!
SS_Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
Azdave

Just picked mine up today. Love the bike. Don't like the trunk so Thai is coming off unless long overnighters. Also need to get the bike lowered. I am 5 10 and one inch would make a world of difference. Have to wait for Ness pipes. Stock pipes suck. was all set to go XC but Jokerman's review and a few others helped me go Vision
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #17
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Just picked mine up today. Love the bike. Don't like the trunk so Thai is coming off unless long overnighters. Also need to get the bike lowered. I am 5 10 and one inch would make a world of difference. Have to wait for Ness pipes. Stock pipes suck. was all set to go XC but Jokerman's review and a few others helped me go Vision
Pics Dave Pics!!!

Did you trade the Jackpot?

What do you think of the difference in it handles compared to your Jackpot?

Give the Vision a chance before you go lower it and screw it up. I'm only 5'7" with the short legged body of a gorilla and I got no problems with the seat height.

Last edited by saddlebag; 03-31-2013 at 07:46 AM.
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
Azdave

So I am all set to get the XC then I try the Vision. I am a little on the nonconformist side of things so it fits my personality. Like the look, ride, etc but that trunk has GOT to go. Pics coming
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 03-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #19
Azdave

I am going to mess with rear shock a liitle. I think it is set up for someone much heavier than me. I did trade the JP in. I wanted to buy from my local dealer but they don't do trades. I got a really good price considering the bike has 35,000 miles on it. Plus there was a $1,000 in accessories so getting the Ness pipes. Weird how when you ride a quiet bike you notice sounds you never heard befire
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000

Last edited by Azdave; 03-31-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #20
jokerman

Smile New ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Welcome to the "Visionista's"! I know you will enjoy. Go get the Witchdoctor 1" lowering link. Some say you will need to replace the kickstand but I found you can bend the stock one in a vise & it will work just fine. Can't wait for pic's.

"THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VICTORY" General Douglas MacArthur
jokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement