Madstad Brackets! - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 AM   #11
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I've got the Baggershield on order (two piece height adjustable 8'' to 14'') and i'm thinking of these Madstad brackets as well.

Thats gotta give you a lot of height and angle options.

Anyone tried this combination ?
No, but I agree, it will double your options.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #12
Hi-C

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emack76 View Post
How confident are you on that recommendation bbob?

Sent using Motorcycle.com Free App
I used a grease pencil to draw inch lines on the stock windshield and rode for a couple weeks like that to determine what size shield I wanted (Height wise). Ended up with a 13" 7Jurock with the flip. Awesome shield! Still no buffeting and I can see over easily.

6' w/ 32 inseam.

2006 Roadstar Warrior (Traded)
Hi-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #13
BThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-C View Post
I used a grease pencil to draw inch lines on the stock windshield and rode for a couple weeks like that to determine what size shield I wanted (Height wise). Ended up with a 13" 7Jurock with the flip. Awesome shield! Still no buffeting and I can see over easily.

6' w/ 32 inseam.
With my Ness Flip (before Madstad) i only experienced buffeting at speeds above 68 or 70 mph.... Prior to there all was swell... Is that the same experience most of you had too or did all of you experience dirty air when going under 70 too?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #14
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

About the only downside I can think of with the Madstad brackets is using them with shield that has a recurve or flip at the top because of the distortion of the area in the flip. If they shield is tilted up to the point of needing to look through it; that distortion would be unbearable IMHO.

This would only be a downside for someone wanting to look through the shield at times. Otherwise it would not be an issue for someone who never wanted to look through it.

The plus is that the flip sends the air flow higher, obviously, so the need to look through it might be negated.

I guess I need to find a flip shield and experiment with that or just trade with someone who has one for a day or even just a few hours.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Hi-C

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
With my Ness Flip (before Madstad) i only experienced buffeting at speeds above 68 or 70 mph.... Prior to there all was swell... Is that the same experience most of you had too or did all of you experience dirty air when going under 70 too?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
I didn't use the Milstad brackets. The shield works great as is.

2006 Roadstar Warrior (Traded)
Hi-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
orbiker

I did the Madstad brackets and I don't have bugs and debris plastered on the inside of the shield. No more wind turbulence behind the windshield either.

Here is a view from the seat with the Klockworx shield and the Ness Modular Bars.

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
BThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
I did the Madstad brackets and I don't have bugs and debris plastered on the inside of the shield. No more wind turbulence behind the windshield either.

Here is a view from the seat with the Klockworx shield and the Ness Modular Bars.
Looks like my bike without my cool mirrors but with your cool bars... How do you like the Ness bars? Are your hands still protected from cold wind by the fairing?

Have you done a multi hr trip yet in our winter weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
orbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
Looks like my bike without my cool mirrors but with your cool bars... How do you like the Ness bars? Are your hands still protected from cold wind by the fairing?

Have you done a multi hr trip yet in our winter weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
I'm liking how I've getting the XCT set up. Hands are still out of the wind, even with the short windshield. The air flows over and under the windshield, but shoots up at the angle that I set it at.
The bars are far more comfortable then the stock ones. I think the angle of the stock bars at the grips is ergonomically incorrect. The Ness Modular Bars are very adjustable. I wish they could go back a bit more for my short arms.
And yes; I have done some multi-hour rides with the new set-up.
(Eugene to Drain to Reedsport to Florence and back to Eugene)

Speaking of rides: If you want to ride with the Eugene group once in the while post on this link to be included. I am trying to get the word out before Spring so that there can be some Victory Group Rides. KEN

Some of my Rides

Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #19
gamewarden

Orbiker

I have the original Klockwerks shield and was looking for a couple of inches of more height. I want to look over shield but wondering if more height with the Madstad system would give the passenger more protection???
Blue 2011 Cross Country, hard lowers and trunk, Ipod in lowers, HID and saddle bag bars, stage 1, heel shifter, front and back chrome fender guards,Garmin GPS, fairing wind deflectors, heated Gerbing hook up, Dain skull brake pedal, rear brake master and reservoir cover, custom cheese wedge cover, clutch cover, Witchdoctor cam covers, Wolo Bad Boy horn, heated grips and seat, Gorilla alarm, Vision rear engine brackett covers, Kruzer Caddy.

Last edited by gamewarden; 01-02-2013 at 12:57 PM.
gamewarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #20
orbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
Orbiker

I have the original Klockwerks shield and was looking for a couple of inches of more height. I do not want to look over shield but wondering if more height with the Madstad system would give the passenger more protection???
I haven't ridden on the back to know if there is wind back there. I don't think there is. With the Madstad brackets you can adjust the height and angle of the windshield. I have tried different adjustments to see what works. While riding; I would reach around with my hand to feel where and how much wind was moving.

Some of my Rides

Sponsored Links
Advertisement