New XC Mirrors--Wow!!! - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 10-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #11
sixshooter_45

Garage
Smile

Nice looking mirrors, I'm thinking about purchasing the ones with the skeleton hands holding the mirrors in all chrome.

I found them for $55.00, a real good price but I have to double check to see who makes these.

Blue Thunder Garage!

Color: Boardwalk Blue; list of accessories.
sixshooter_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #12
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter_45 View Post
Nice looking mirrors, I'm thinking about purchasing the ones with the skeleton hands holding the mirrors in all chrome.

I found them for $55.00, a real good price but I have to double check to see who makes these.
The Kury ones are more expensive but better made. One thing to think about with those mirrors is cleaning the bugs off 'em. Not going to be an easy task with all the nooks and cranny's. Here's a chrome and black one linked to above.

Demonscycle.com has the knock off Scythe mirrors. They work ok but they are light compared to the Kury's.

They did carry the skeleton hand mirrors I think but I guess they sold out. Ebay has them for as little as $25.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-SKULL...ca0705&vxp=mtr
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #13
sixshooter_45

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
The Kury ones are more expensive but better made. One thing to think about with those mirrors is cleaning the bugs off 'em. Not going to be an easy task with all the nooks and cranny's. Here's a chrome and black one linked to above.

Demonscycle.com has the knock off Scythe mirrors. They work ok but they are light compared to the Kury's.

They did carry the skeleton hand mirrors I think but I guess they sold out. Ebay has them for as little as $25.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-SKULL...ca0705&vxp=mtr
I have thought about the cleaning aspect of it and am thinking some special cleaning tools may be the way to go but it might still be a pain in the butt to really clean them well.

Blue Thunder Garage!

Color: Boardwalk Blue; list of accessories.
sixshooter_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
LazyDawg
Lifetime Premium

I like the mirrors and I am sure they give you a better view. I also have wide shoulders (and wide chest, belly, hips and butt) I have always had issues with the mirrors on my bikes and seeing around myself. I was searching for new mirrors for my XC when I stumbled on some cool mirror extensions on FleaBay. They come either chrome or black. For what they cost (around $20) I ordered a pair of black

I am very happy with the results and being black they dissappear on the handlebars IMHO. They move the mirrors up about 1" and out about 2"

Here are a couple pics

Left is my bike without, Right is with them installed

Just search for "VTX Mirror Extensions"
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
BThomas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDawg View Post
I like the mirrors and I am sure they give you a better view. I also have wide shoulders (and wide chest, belly, hips and butt) I have always had issues with the mirrors on my bikes and seeing around myself. I was searching for new mirrors for my XC when I stumbled on some cool mirror extensions on FleaBay. They come either chrome or black. For what they cost (around $20) I ordered a pair of black

I am very happy with the results and being black they dissappear on the handlebars IMHO. They move the mirrors up about 1" and out about 2"

Here are a couple pics

Left is my bike without, Right is with them installed

Just search for "VTX Mirror Extensions"
Those look really nice! Also, a very economical alternative to what I did... That was smart going with black...you dont even see the extenders.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Stage 1 upgrade, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
visionjohnny

Here is 400 plus mirrors to look at
https://www.denniskirk.com/search/cr....q/20.ipp/2.pg
Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #17
drummer12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Here is 400 plus mirrors to look at
https://www.denniskirk.com/search/cr....q/20.ipp/2.pg
drummer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
BThomas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer12345 View Post
Oh God! LMAO!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Stage 1 upgrade, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
bcflyguy
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Send a message via MSN to bcflyguy
Default Not available for XCT???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
I've only had my new XC for a week but I put new mirrors on it and am so impressed I had to share! I'm 6'3", about 270 and wear a 54/56 jacket so I'm both tall and pretty broad in the shoulders. I've always had to twist my body to actually be able to use my mirrors on motorcycles (since my shoulders were blocking them)...Same deal with my stock 2012 XC.

I purchased and installed Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Large Head Convex mirrors for my bike and installed them yesterday and they are unbelievable. Beautiful pieces of work, solid, heavy and the "Magnum Plus" version actually extends them out beyond my 56" shoulders so I can see behind me ALL of the time!!!!

For some of you this might not be a big deal but for me it's like a new world--hahahahahaha...

Anyway, these mirrors are very nice, have multiple adjustments and if you're my size, you will be very happy with them!
I am triing to order them but it says they are not available for X bikes. Where did you buy them please?
bcflyguy
bcflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #20
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

They work on metric bikes but you need to buy the adapters for them if you don't already have some laying around.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ma...h/part/KY-1409

These were the first mirrors I bought for my XC as well. They work fantastic. Looking back I probably would have gotten the smaller head ones though. If you buy them through Victory they even say "Victory" on them. Kury makes them for Victory.

You can see the various styles at the link below. The advantage to convex mirrors is being able to see more with less vibration but things do look farther away.

http://motorcycle-accessories.cruise...=6&search2.y=9

Early XC pic...
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement