Curious about handle bar risers and fwd controls - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Hammer Forum

Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
Marius

Seat view, really not much different from stock, see before and after:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hammer1 - seatview - before risers.jpg (40.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Hammer2 - seatview - after risers.jpg (36.8 KB, 20 views)
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...
Marius is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #12
The Wolf

Looks good Marius! I've been thinking about doing the same but with just 1". Was your brake cable long enough? Mine has a braided one and I'm not sure it has anymore reach.

Also what size studs/bolts did you get for the bars? I've got the same V style I want to keep but don't believe the OEM studs will reach through the risers.

By the way I put on a quick detachable batwing fairing this wknd and love the wind break it provides at higher speeds. Also makes riding in chilly weather easier. Opinions vary but I think it looks just as great on as off.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
Marius

Thanks.

With the 2 inch risers I got maybe a tad bit more hight than I wanted, but my main focus was getting some pullback and pullback feels just about right now. For rider 6ft+ this will likely be just about ideal.

When you buy the risers the bolts come with them, so just make sure you specify 12mm, not 10mm. I don't know the specific length.

The brake cable does not reach and needs to be re-routed. I just unbolted the entire brake assemly from the handle bars, took the headlight off and routed the brake assembly through the headlight gap to give me the necessary length in the brake line. I'm not sure if this will be necessary for the 1in riser thought, so you may get lucky and it will reach as is

Wind protection is becoming more and more important for me as I keep making my bike more comfy and am able to travel longer distances. I'm sure the batwing is great help, I'm just not sure about the looks. It might grow on me, who knows.

Next mod will be:

TRIDENT ISO -PEGS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRIDENT ISO -PEGS.jpg (6.5 KB, 33 views)
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...

Last edited by Marius; 12-03-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Marius is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement