Exhaust pipes with less popping - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #21
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmmil View Post
No, my plugs are black with the O2 sensors plugged in, the thrush mufflers installed, and the air strip removed. When I did unplug the O2 sensors it didnt seem to run any different, but I didn't run it that long, just long enough to get annoyed by all the popping, like I said it popped between every shift and on decel. I plugged the O2 sensors back in, the popping is pretty much gone, I get one once in a while now, but seems to be when the bike is cold, and the temps here have been cold.
Sorry, I appear to have misunderstood. So you are saying that closing the loop (connecting the O2s) solved your popping problems (partially).

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Pulling the O2's richens up the fuel at idle and low RPM, the popping can be reduced by both richening and leaning the idle fuel, either direction it goes will make the AFR not ideal for the heat to ignite it without spark. There really is no one perfect way to set up the bike that will work for all, the engines are all slightly different and with all the different mods done make them even more different, so what works for one may not work for another.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
dtmmil
Premium Member

Yes, for me with the strip removed and the mufflers I have in it now with the O2 sensors hooked up there is almost no popping.
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
Frankyoz

I just have the stock pipes gutted I experienced some popping not much and usualy only when the bike was cold. I recently disconnected the 02's and the popping was almost completely eliminated. I mean I get popping very few and far between now.
Frankyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
johnah5

Lem,
Thanks for the info. Have a question. Do you recommend the stage 1 flash over the Lloydz fuel controller? I need to get one or the other and they are close in price when you add in the dealer cost to program the stage 1 flash on your bike.

Thanks
John
johnah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnah5 View Post
Lem,
Thanks for the info. Have a question. Do you recommend the stage 1 flash over the Lloydz fuel controller? I need to get one or the other and they are close in price when you add in the dealer cost to program the stage 1 flash on your bike.

Thanks
John
I suppose it depends on what you are going to do with your bike. If all you think you will do engine wise is exhaust/air filter, then the flash will probably do you just fine. If you plan on doing anything further, or might, or even just want a little more customization the fuel controller is probably a better investment. You might want to call up Lloydz though if you plan on going that route as I believe they are about to release a new version of their controller.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #27
spoons-asmc

Garage
Default exhaust

i mod my xr exhaust, its the loudest pipes i heard yet on the cross bikes, 02 still hooked up, k&n air filter, no pops, runs great, no flash , i took a video but it would not unload on here so i made one on you tube, hope i did it rite, never made one before lol,

spoons asmc you tube 2011 victory xr exhaust

Last edited by spoons-asmc; 12-03-2012 at 06:52 PM.
spoons-asmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
orbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoons-asmc View Post
i mod my xr exhaust, its the loudest pipes i heard yet on the cross bikes, 02 still hooked up, k&n air filter, no pops, runs great, no flash , i took a video but it would not unload on here so i made one on you tube, hope i did it rite, never made one before lol,

spoons asmc you tube 2011 victory xr exhaust
What mod's did you do?

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #29
Retired Rider

Spoons-asmc...your exhaust sounds great on the you tube video. What mods did you do?
Passenger Floorboards
Black leather bags
Passenger backrest and luggage rack
Stage 1 Exhaust and remap
Speedometer reflash
Retired Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #30
spoons-asmc

Garage
Default xr exhaust

thank you , its took a while to get it rite, i have an extra set of pipes, i m doing now, i know a guy wants them, , i went through some pipes to get it rite, i was looking at pipes, 500 bucks plus remap $200, or pfc 269 bucks, i m happy with my pipes
i call them s.e. pipes ( spoons exhaust) lol

spoons asmc
spoons-asmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement