Jackets? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
Pop

Garage

I grew up on a cattle ranch. I pitched bales up into haywagons from dawn to dark all the summers of my youth and pitched bales out of haywagons to feed them damn cows at 4 in the morning all winter. They kicked at me, bit at me, run at me, I had chiggers, moccasin bites, barbed wire scars up one side and down the other, cleaned up after the live ones and cleaned up the dead ones, thrown into dip, burned by branding irons, skunked, trampled, peed and shat upon and stood up by the pretty girls in town for the hick I was.

I hate cows, I eat cows with a satisfaction that only revenge can deliver. I wear cow parts as much as society will abide and I swear that it was the epiphany that wearing cow hide was acceptable for and expected of motorcyclists that convinced me to spring for my first street bike. Well, that and scoring with the pretty girls in town.

Anyway I got nothing against those that want to take advantage of space age materials in their motorcycling attire. I would wear that stuff too if the manufacture of kevlar included the murder of cows.

When the last light warms the rocks
And the rattlesnakes unfold
Mountain cats will come to drag away your bones

And rise with me forever
Across the silent sand
And the stars will be your eyes
And the wind will be my hands

That was written by Rennie Sparks
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
I grew up on a cattle ranch. I pitched bales up into haywagons from dawn to dark all the summers of my youth and pitched bales out of haywagons to feed them damn cows at 4 in the morning all winter. They kicked at me, bit at me, run at me, I had chiggers, moccasin bites, barbed wire scars up one side and down the other, cleaned up after the live ones and cleaned up the dead ones, thrown into dip, burned by branding irons, skunked, trampled, peed and shat upon and stood up by the pretty girls in town for the hick I was.

I hate cows, I eat cows with a satisfaction that only revenge can deliver. I wear cow parts as much as society will abide and I swear that it was the epiphany that wearing cow hide was acceptable for and expected of motorcyclists that convinced me to spring for my first street bike. Well, that and scoring with the pretty girls in town.

Anyway I got nothing against those that want to take advantage of space age materials in their motorcycling attire. I would wear that stuff too if the manufacture of kevlar included the murder of cows.

Almost a thousand posts on the VTX board when I had my 1800. Close to 500 posts on the Harley forms when I had quite a few HDs, but this is my favorite post of all.

Putting the Rocket on EBay and buying another leather jacket just because of the post.

Maybe later.

Everybody loves a crazy woman---until a crazy woman loves you back- John Hiatt
4 inch pistons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post

BEST POST OF THE YEAR!!! nomination right here! LOVE IT!

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Klockwerks Windshield, Garage Door Mod, Custom Ness Highway Pegs, Ness Thunderheader slip on's, PC-V
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
The Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
Iron on patches can be ironed on to leather?
I cleaned it first with a little rubbing alcohol. You also should use a Teflon sheet between the iron and the patch to keep the iron from sticking, but these sealed on well. Then I went back with conditioner to put moisture back around the areas I had cleaned that the patch didn't cover. You can needle and thread to be safer, but I've been impressed how well these went on. Not a hint of peeling anywhere.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
abqhudson

I still wear my 20 year old Harley leather jacket. It lasted longer than the Harleys did. Best jacket ever - vents in front/sleeves/back and cooler than textile in hot weather as it protects better from the hot sun. Bought mesh and found it too hot to wear under the summer sun at 5000 ft - research says the hot wind is not your friend over 90 degrees. Better protection than textiles and more comfortable than crash pads. IMO - The real advantage of textile jackets is that they are mostly cheap. If I could find a better jacket, I would buy it.

Last edited by abqhudson; 12-05-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: clarify
abqhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #16
ALStensby

Mainly depends on the weather. Most of my riding is done in a naked leather jacket/chaps. I'll only purchase naked leather versus anything else as it's FAR more durable. The jacket is armored (though you can't tell). I purchased them both through Leatherup. The prices are amazing, the customer service is great and everything we've ordered has been high quality. They both have liners and the jacket has vents so it's really versatile in all sorts of weather. I'm not a fan of branding, but they have a huge selection of jackets so you can easily find ones where you can fit a patch to it. Mine has a large expanse of leather on the back that's one piece.

In the "really" hot/muggy weather here (90s), I have a mesh jacket that's armored. Going to likely buy pants as well in the future.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement