Cycleops Contrast Cut Floorboards - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Default Cycleops Contrast Cut Floorboards

Just had to show these off to you all. I've been wanting these boards since the first time I saw them and was finally able to get them. Big Blue, my XC, was practically preening after I shined 'em up with the Metal Gloss shiner and sealer Will and others sell. Good stuff for sure. The pic of 'em on the green cutting mat is before shining 'em up. The rest are after. The 1851 Navy Black Powder revolver was a gift from a friend. Thought I'd throw it in and show it off at the same time.

Also shown are a primary cover, cam cover, and clutch arm cover from Will at Cycleops as well. Will's work is impeccable as most of us already know.

The red bolts and cup washers are from Witchdoctors if anyone was wondering.

The heat shield is my creation but I want to improve it some more. It's larger and covers more of the gap behind the rear cylinder than the standard shields I've been making.

BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Blueline

Everything is looking good, for sure. Nice touches all around. Gray panels on the seat?
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Looking good BBob!!!!
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
Shock Happens

Yea man! very Nice...love those boards...is that an Ultimate seat btw?
Ridin A 2011 Ness XC #117
Shock Happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
ndabunka

Now you've gone and done it! Those red bolts are "calling my Red Ness'es name"... goes to search witchdoctor site to tag and send to my wife as a Christmas present idea...

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
drummer12345

Floor boards look good. How much difference in size compared to the stock boards? Any change in ground clearance during turns?

Also, really like the heat shield I purchased from you. The new one you have looks like it will push even more heat away from your legs. Keep up the good work.
drummer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 PM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
Everything is looking good, for sure. Nice touches all around. Gray panels on the seat?
Thanks everyone!

Yeah. The panels turned out to be a light gray or silver. I asked for silver and was expecting a much darker silver.

I'm thinking of having the gray/silver panels changed out by a local upholstery place with red to go along with the various red highlights I am installing along with the new red V badges for the tank. This shade of blue and red look good together I think.

At some point in the not too distant future I also want to incorporate some red paint onto the tins. Not too much though. Just enough for highlights and contrast. More than pin striping but not a whole lot more. I'm a simple guy so I'm not really into really busy paint jobs. I want to do it myself if I can learn the skills. I have already invested in the paint tools to do it. Just need to practice some before I go after doing Big Blue.

You all know how it is. You start out in one direction and somewhere along the way it takes on a life of its own so it ends up different from the original idea.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #8
BThomas
Lifetime Premium

Damned Man, that is one sweet-looking sickle! I have got to get some of those floorboards! Have the Cycleops cheese and waitin for delivery of the other engine plates too... His work is amazing!

Anyway, nice bike and nice tank badges-i went with those too....

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #9
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer12345 View Post
Floor boards look good. How much difference in size compared to the stock boards? Any change in ground clearance during turns?

Also, really like the heat shield I purchased from you. The new one you have looks like it will push even more heat away from your legs. Keep up the good work.
Hey thanks!

They are about the same size as far as foot position I think. There may some difference in ground clearance but I don't push the big bike too hard into the curves. I did have one scrape mark under the stock floorboards but that was about it.

Glad you like the heat shields. I hope to improve on them over time. I just wish I could make them easier to install. Lots of folks have a bit of trouble getting the tank lifted and stuff. Then again maybe they will see how easy it is to do and when it's time to clean or replace the air filter; they won't be intimidated by it and feel a need to take it in to the shop for basic stuff like that.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #10
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
Damned Man, that is one sweet-looking sickle! I have got to get some of those floorboards! Have the Cycleops cheese and waitin for delivery of the other engine plates too... His work is amazing!

Anyway, nice bike and nice tank badges-i went with those too....
Thanks much BT! I like these tank badges too but when the new ones came out I knew I had to have them. Thing is I have no idea when they will be available to us regular peons.

Yeah. Will does some amazing work for sure. The guy is totally anal about perfection and it shows in his work and even the work he farms out because he won't let anything leave his shop without his stamp of approval.

Big Blue gets closer to being done every year. It usually takes me 3-5 years to get a bike to where I want to keep it if it's a keeper to start with. This XC is definitely a keeper. I've had her for about 2.5 years now so it's getting close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement