New Parts and Dyno - Page 6 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #51
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

In an earlier post within this thread, and on that dyno graph, I noticed that you had not activated the Rev Xtend feature in your Power Commander. Once you do that, you will uncork another 500rpm in each gear, taking 6th over 5000rpm, and 5th to 6,000rpm. You can also use Dynojet's rev limiter form to request an even higher rev limit. This is a free, built in feature of the PC-V, that is easily activated in the software. Just hook your computer up, and go to the options section. Check the box.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #52
WilCon76

Garage

The rev extend is active in the PCV. They cut off at 5500 as the cams are new and just to be safe. Power might gain a couple more hp but honestly I won't be in the 6k range much. The dual exhaust is the main issue with the power numbers. Moved the torque higher in the rev range and cost some hp. I am happy with how the bike runs at this point but I would not install this exhaust again to increase power.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #53
Blueline

The true duals gave you the look and the sound. The power is relative to what you experience and feel and not necessarily numbers. At least you have shown that the factory headers are pretty good as everyone has said right along.
You're happy with the looks and sound and the cams gave you what you wanted all along so, if it's good for you..it's good.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #54
WilCon76

Garage

Truthfully, I like the look of the pipes but I am more performance minded. I feel like I am leaving easy HP on the table and that bugs me.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
Blueline

If you're interested in performance and better numbers then those true duals have to go. Another pipe that looks and sounds good but doesn't perform as well, is the Bassani 2 into 1.
Rpw, any of the "gutted" stock exhausts and Big Honkers all make some pretty good power but all sound slightly different from each other. Probably the best power producer is the D&D.
New exhausts. Dyno tune and PC-5 rev extend is your next best bet.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #56
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilCon76 View Post
I feel like I am leaving easy HP on the table and that bugs me.
I was feeling that way with my first set of pipes... and my second... then the third set dragged on the ground and sounded trashy as hell... Now, I'm pretty happy with the fourth set.

You are right where I was. Your bike is not many models years old and there are not really any side-by-side comparisons of exhausts. Yeah, you'll get lots of advice, but actual data is hard to come by.

It's not like HD where you have 60 exhausts to choose and years of data either... and the difference in performance between the worst pipe and the best pipe on a Victory is HUGE.

My friend has a 104"... with Shotgun pipes it made 104 HP, with RPW Slash (SlashNess) pipes it made 114 HP, and with the RPW Thor it makes 118 HP. Just pipe changes and re-tuning, no other changes. Just looking at that... we realize how important the hard-to-come-by data can be...

bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by half_crazy; 12-05-2012 at 05:58 AM.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 AM   #57
WilCon76

Garage

Yep. Now we have hard earned data that these are flash and no dash. Glad I could contribute.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #58
Rajder

So are you thinking that you will go back to a 2-1-2 system with the factory head pipes and a set of slip on mufflers such as the D&D or the RPW? Or are you just going to run with the true duals?

On the positive side though I bet the bike sounds great. I love that true dual sound I just don't like the performance hit that usually comes with it.

Also, after the cam install. How do you like the Victory 106 now compared with the 113" in the Raider? I love my XC but if I had one thing to complain about it's just that the factory 106" really isn't anywhere near the engine that the 113" is. The 106" is perfectly adequate but I sure miss that extra torque from time to time. I'm going to install cams one of these days to remedy that though.

I havn't got it dyno'd yet but she runs like a scalded dog!
Rajder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #59
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajder View Post
So are you thinking that you will go back to a 2-1-2 system with the factory head pipes and a set of slip on mufflers such as the D&D or the RPW? Or are you just going to run with the true duals?

On the positive side though I bet the bike sounds great. I love that true dual sound I just don't like the performance hit that usually comes with it.

Also, after the cam install. How do you like the Victory 106 now compared with the 113" in the Raider? I love my XC but if I had one thing to complain about it's just that the factory 106" really isn't anywhere near the engine that the 113" is. The 106" is perfectly adequate but I sure miss that extra torque from time to time. I'm going to install cams one of these days to remedy that though.
You WILL lose low end torque with the cams! With my Vision, I was able to recoup most of what I lost by using Lloydz variable intake adapter along with the adjustable timing wheel. The adjustable intake, however, did more to recover my lost TQ. With the X bikes, you don't have that option. Just something to think about....

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #60
busajack

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajder View Post

Rajder, how much more does the XC weigh than the Raider?
Wonder what the XC would feel like with a Raider engine
Do you still have your Raider? wish I still had mine.
Advertisement