Which battery tender do you use? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which tender do you or will you use
Battery Tender Jr 750ma 27 48.21%
Battery Tender Plus 1.2amp 19 33.93%
Other type of tender (Please post) 10 17.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #11
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Been using the Tender Jr for a lot of years on all my rides with great results so sticking with what's been working for me ..
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
lawnstriper

Actually just bought a Schumaker from Walmart to try this year . I am a cheap bastard , I know , but it says it is computer controlled just like the Brand name Battery tender , and less than half price

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
joarzero

for sure anyone can use whatever they like!! and there is nothing wrong with the Tender Jr, Is just that the NOCO genius is way way better,is like comparing... and I don't like doing this , but is like comparing: a Harley with our bikes, yes the tender has been in the market for a while so does Harley!!

2010 Kingpin
joarzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
RiderJohn
Lifetime Premium

Default Maybe a bad choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
Yup, trickle to keep the TC fresh is about all I need but that Genious looks tempting as well. Will handle everything.

+1 on that lighting note. Wasn't thinking about that but I do use surge protectors in the garage as well as through out the house. Had lighting hit the tree in front of my house TWICE in a year. 2nd time took out the neighbors TV, Computer, Cable modem and router as well as blew the microwave.. He was pissed when I told him NOTHING happend to my house... Not funny I know but you have got to know my neighbor to see the humor. Anyway, I cut the tree down... Seen it as an omen.. lol.. Thanks for the inputs so far!
I see your worry when a tree gets hit twice in a year. However, now what happens when it is your house that is the tallest item to attract lightning? Maybe it is time to install serious lightning rods on the house if you don't already have them. If you do, it may be a good idea to have a professional check the rods grounding.
82 Honda XR200
Future: Victory XRT
RiderJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #15
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderJohn View Post
I see your worry when a tree gets hit twice in a year. However, now what happens when it is your house that is the tallest item to attract lightning? Maybe it is time to install serious lightning rods on the house if you don't already have them. If you do, it may be a good idea to have a professional check the rods grounding.
You know, after living in that house for 20 years, don't think I have every checked the ground rod off the box to make sure it is still well intact. As far as tallest things, I still have 14 tree's left.. I actually took down 3 in the front oddly enough only the GUMBALL trees were the ones that showed signs of any lighting at any point... And I am faithful with surge protectors. But now back to Battery tenders.. hehe

good point dtmmil, but I think the TC will be spending more time in the garage this winter getting detailed and some mods done with an occasional ride when it's warmer. The VV is making year round riding MUCH easier on the ole bones this year..

Leaning towards the Genious, would cover all bases, not just a trickle... Thanks for the inputs so far, keep'em comin. It's this or "Mourn for our Country" thread.. .lol... just pokin...
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #16
ml8320

i have only used the tender Jr on my TC. Its primarily for the bike when i'm off it and with the cooler weather here in Buffalo it cycles on and off keeping the battery up on voltage. i also have it on a surge protector which is plugged into a GFI in the garage, but I think if lightening struck it probably would fry everything anyway.
D&D exhaust
Mustang seat
ml8320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Default Check this out!

Turn Any 6V or 12V Battery Charger Into A 4-station Maintenance Charger

Published by Cyril Huze December 6th, 2012 in Accessories and Editorial.
With fuel conditioning, lubrication and oil change, routine battery maintenance (cleaning and tightening of cable ends and battery terminals) and charging is a big part of your motorcycle winterization plans.
And if you have several motorcycles or vehicles to care for, the QuadLink® 4-Channel Charger Multiplier is very useful. It is capable of charging batteries whether they are individually connected or joined with other batteries. This 4-channel charger is also very useful for maintaining the charge of multiple 6V or 12V batteries in 24, 36 & 48V series connected configurations.
The simple plug & play system charges the batteries sequentially in ten minute intervals and comes with four eyelet lug adapter cables & 5′ extension leads. Price $99.95. At PulseTech® Products.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #18
newoldrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnstriper View Post
Actually just bought a Schumaker from Walmart to try this year . I am a cheap bastard , I know , but it says it is computer controlled just like the Brand name Battery tender , and less than half price

Sounds similar to the one I picked up from Orielly's for around 30 bucks. Works great and is a charger/maintainer. It's a 1.5 amp and seems to charge pretty fast as I always have a "green" light.
newoldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #19
lawnstriper

Yes , mine is charger / maintainer as well . Also 1.5 amp I think . Once battery Is fully charged it blinks to show it is in maintain mode. Uses same quick connector as name brand. Just plug in the pigtail and it does the rest

2004 Kingpin
Stock for now
Old 12-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #20
wgjames

Default I use a Battery Minder Plus

I have been using a Battery Minder Plus that provides conditioning as well as trickle charging. It comes with pigtail and alligator clips as well. I maintained a Suzuki C50 original battery for over 6 years with it.

http://http://www.batterymart.com/p-...FbKiPAodh2QAMg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battery_Minder.jpg (9.6 KB, 101 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement