New Parts and Dyno - Page 7 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #61
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by busajack View Post
Rajder, how much more does the XC weigh than the Raider?
Around 75 lbs

Quote:
Wonder what the XC would feel like with a Raider engine
You should feel one with a 116" Victory engine.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #62
Rajder

Quote:
Rajder, how much more does the XC weigh than the Raider?
Wonder what the XC would feel like with a Raider engine
Do you still have your Raider? wish I still had mine.
Heck, I wish I had your Raider Busa. It was a beautiful machine. Unfortunately no I don't still have my Raider. Even if I could afford two motorcycles I couldn't justify having two cruisers. Maybe something like the XC and a Busa.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I would rather go back to the Raider. I love my XC and it is light years more comfortable than the Raider and just does a lot of things so much better. But to be fair the XC is basically twice the price of the Raider. If I were to own another fat tire, factory chopper motorcycle it would be the Raider in a hearbeat. But my tailbone and that riding style just don't mesh very well anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
You should feel one with a 116" Victory engine.
Someday in the future I'm going to have a 116" in my XC. To me that is a big advantage in the Victory engines. The ability to really pull more power out of it if you want it.

IMO the Yamaha 113 in stock form is simply the best V-twin on the market. And if the owner is only going to add the standard pipes, air filter, and tuner then it is still the best V-twin on the market. But if you ever wanted to go further and make serious power then Victory is where it is at. There is no aftermarket for the Yamaha engines and you have to start getting into expensive custom ground cams, etc. And those don't really help because you can't spin the engine any faster than 5200 rpm due to the long stroke. But with the Victory there is a ton of potential waiting to be uncorked.

All it takes is money.....

I havn't got it dyno'd yet but she runs like a scalded dog!
Rajder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #63
busajack

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajder View Post
Heck, I wish I had your Raider Busa. It was a beautiful machine. Unfortunately no I don't still have my Raider. Even if I could afford two motorcycles I couldn't justify having two cruisers. Maybe something like the XC and a Busa.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I would rather go back to the Raider. I love my XC and it is light years more comfortable than the Raider and just does a lot of things so much better. But to be fair the XC is basically twice the price of the Raider. If I were to own another fat tire, factory chopper motorcycle it would be the Raider in a hearbeat. But my tailbone and that riding style just don't mesh very well anymore.

Someday in the future I'm going to have a 116" in my XC. To me that is a big advantage in the Victory engines. The ability to really pull more power out of it if you want it.

IMO the Yamaha 113 in stock form is simply the best V-twin on the market. And if the owner is only going to add the standard pipes, air filter, and tuner then it is still the best V-twin on the market. But if you ever wanted to go further and make serious power then Victory is where it is at. There is no aftermarket for the Yamaha engines and you have to start getting into expensive custom ground cams, etc. And those don't really help because you can't spin the engine any faster than 5200 rpm due to the long stroke. But with the Victory there is a ton of potential waiting to be uncorked.

All it takes is money.....
Totaly agree, stock for stock they are both great bikes and engines.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #64
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

If you like the XC and you like the Yamaha 113 motor...

I know someone with a 120" Strat (103mm bore/118mm stroke). It still has stock cams. It makes 105/140 for power. My 104" Vic motor (103mm bore/102mm stroke and 16 CI smaller) made 120/130... I'll take the Vic motor any day.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #65
Rajder

Quote:
If you like the XC and you like the Yamaha 113 motor...

I know someone with a 120" Strat (103mm bore/118mm stroke). It still has stock cams. It makes 105/140 for power. My 104" Vic motor (103mm bore/102mm stroke and 16 CI smaller) made 120/130... I'll take the Vic motor any day.
I was actually planning on buying a Strat Deluxe just like that but when it comes to a bagger Yamaha hasn't got anything on Victory. While the 113 motor is awesome that bike still has a tiny fuel tank, only 5 speeds, and no real touring options. And the larger fuel tank and 6th gear was a big selling point to me. I have absolutely no regrets going with the Victory.

You point about the 120" strat is also absolutely true. On the Yamaha engines, it's basically not worth going past the standard air filter, pipes, and tuner because after that you don't get much bang your buck. Because of that long stroke you can't spin that 113" up fast enought to make any serious HP. The Victory engines have a lot more potential if you are looking at making serious HP. So people are are going to do hard core engine mods to make HP (like Half Crazy) are much better off starting with the Victory as a base then really just about any other V-twin.

I havn't got it dyno'd yet but she runs like a scalded dog!
Rajder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #66
busajack

Garage
Thumbs up

This rag. 107 S&S with blower cost less than Crazys motor work and would run right beside his Vic. If I had Crazys money I'd throw mine away. Cheaper ways of doing things.
How much you got in your motor Craz??
Old 12-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #67
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:

This rag. 107 S&S with blower cost less than Crazys motor work and would run right beside his Vic.
So he bought an S&S 107" engine AND a Supercharger for less than I spent? If you bolt that supercharger on a stock Harley it will scissor a crank in short order. Is that a CARBURETOR??? Do they have a kit for FI yet?

Quote:
If I had Crazys money I'd throw mine away. Cheaper ways of doing things. How much you got in your motor Craz??
Ya don't have to be rich, just smart. I bought this bike with 1500 miles on it for $10,583 out the door. To duplicate my mods, including exhaust, TTI, PC-III, Rev Extend, 31 tooth pulley, tach, 110" stroker/big bore, heads done, cams, clutch, balancing, and labor.... dropping a stock bike off at Lloydz and picking it up all done and tuned... A shade over $7,000.

So... under 18K. What did you spend?

I've seen the graph for Lloyd's supercharger. Below 5000 RPM my engine is WAY stronger.

With the superchargers you still need pipes and peripheral stuff.
With a turbo all you need is the turbo kit because it comes with airbox/exhaust/controller... The most cost effective power is probably the Aerocharger turbo package. Although I prefer naturally aspirated power, that package will definitely get it done.

Joe's bike already had pipes/airbox/controller. LLoydz did his 104" big bore, cams, and clutch for $3,250 installed and tuned. It makes 118/123 to the tire and runs 11.80s. THAT would be hard to beat...

Oh... one more thing. If I didn't have the cash to do something I wanted to do, I would get me a 'no interest for a year' credit card an do the buy-now-pay-later plan OR work a second job and save up the money. Like I always say "How badly do you want it?". If you're not willing to do what it takes to make something happen, then you must not REALLY want it.

Boys and girls, ya gotta pay to play. If you're not willing to make it happen, don't hate on me because I AM. Lots of guys sit around wishin' and dreamin' about the way they would want the bike to be... if they could afford it. I say stop dreamin' and make it happen.

Last edited by half_crazy; 12-07-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #68
busajack

Garage

Quote:
So he bought an S&S 107" engine AND a Supercharger for less than I spent? If you bolt that supercharger on a stock Harley it will scissor a crank in short order. Is that a CARBURETOR??? Do they have a kit for FI yet?

Ya don't have to be rich, just smart. I bought this bike with 1500 miles on it for $10,583 out the door. To duplicate my mods, including exhaust, TTI, PC-III, Rev Extend, 31 tooth pulley, tach, 110" stroker/big bore, heads done, cams, clutch, balancing, and labor.... dropping a stock bike off at Lloydz and picking it up all done and tuned... A shade over $7,000.

So... under 18K. What did you spend?

I've seen the graph for Lloyd's supercharger. Below 5000 RPM my engine is WAY stronger.

With the superchargers you still need pipes and peripheral stuff.
With a turbo all you need is the turbo kit because it comes with airbox/exhaust/controller... The most cost effective power is probably the Aerocharger turbo package. Although I prefer naturally aspirated power, that package will definitely get it done.

Joe's bike already had pipes/airbox/controller. LLoydz did his 104" big bore, cams, and clutch for $3,250 installed and tuned. It makes 118/123 to the tire and runs 11.80s. THAT would be hard to beat...

Oh... one more thing. If I didn't have the cash to do something I wanted to do, I would get me a 'no interest for a year' credit card an do the buy-now-pay-later plan OR work a second job and save up the money. Like I always say "How badly do you want it?". If you're not willing to do what it takes to make something happen, then you must not REALLY want it.

Boys and girls, ya gotta pay to play. If you're not willing to make it happen, don't hate on me because I AM. Lots of guys sit around wishin' and dreamin' about the way they would want the bike to be... if they could afford it. I say stop dreamin' and make it happen.
(A shade over $7,000)
The blower was $3,200 and nothing else needed, already had the bike with the 107.
Yea Craz I use to make it happen with bikes with more potential than V twins but now Im on SS disability and the wife has lung breast and brain cancer. So I don't believe Ill be writing any big checks to LLoydz. Sometimes you just have to have priorities.
At my age I would love to just take a bike somewhere and say do it.
You might understand when you get a few more years under your belt.
Do you get into many street races with your vic.
When I had the Rocket, Busas and 14s no one would even line up with me. I have more fun smoking all the stock hardlys with my stock Hi Ball.
Have you ever weighed your bike. Just curious, had that yellow blower bike down to 626 Lbs. The Rocket down to 720 Lbs.
I do agree the vics have more potential than other V twins except maybe the new S&S big blocks. Turbos and blowers on a Rocket have produced twice their stock power. Ever road a bike with 300 Ft lbs at 3200 rpm? I know apples to apples. I like V twins also but if you crave the rush of 185 mph on a state interstate like I did try something besides a V twin.
I'am a street rodder and keep thinking what I could do with 7000 dollars put in any V eight.
Anyway you have fun, I enjoy showing my Hardly buds what you have done with your bike. Jack
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #69
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Do you get into many street races with your vic?
I would never encourage steet racing...

Quote:
Have you ever weighed your bike?
720 full of fuel with my tools in the saddlebag.

Sorry to hear about your wife's health issues.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #70
TN Rider

Send a message via Skype™ to TN Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilCon76 View Post
Truthfully, I like the look of the pipes but I am more performance minded. I feel like I am leaving easy HP on the table and that bugs me.
I recommend the Centerfire exhaust from Rollin' Fast if you really want to squeeze out a few more horsepower. I got 90HP and 108lb-ft and all I did in addition to the exhaust was Stage 1 Flash and the Victory High Flow Air Filter. When Kyle did my dyno, he said that mine was only the 2nd XC he had seen making 90HP with just exhaust, filter, and reflash.

Did you keep the stock exhaust? The Centerfire is priced on exchanging the stock mufflers.

http://www.rollinfast.com/Rollin-Fas...ductId=-217858

2011 Cross Country Ness Edition #175 - Stage 1 Flash, High Flow Air Filter, Centerfire Exhaust from Rolllin' Fast, Rider Backrest, Passenger Backrest w/ Luggage Rack, Chromed Passenger Floorboards, iPod adapter, Madstad brackets with stock shield, Hertz 6.5" speakers, Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 amplifier... (got more plans for it!)

2001 Suzuki Volusia (traded-in)- My first bike, Cobra exhaust, Mustang seat with rider backrest, quick release windshield, Passenger backrest w/ luggage rack
TN Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement