Dealer close - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 12-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
rainman123

Default Dealer close

I just found out today that ultimate Powersport / destination of Knoxville tn closed yesterday they dealt with triumph and victory motorcycle
98 t-bird traded for rocket
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
rainman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman123 View Post
I just found out today that ultimate Powersport / destination of Knoxville tn closed yesterday they dealt with triumph and victory motorcycle
Opportunity knocks.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
ridealittle

that REALLY sucks. i was planning on having a stage 1 done there and getting a high flow air cleaner from them this spring. now the only option is exit 407 or the goobs i bought from in chattanooga, who i really don't want to have to deal with ever again.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
rainman123

I bought mine from chatt and have had no problem with them so far I'm also planning to get the stage one kit shortly when I get a chance I'm going to check the victory dealer in crossville
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 AM   #5
TNXR

Did they close the Crossville location as well? It is the same people (atleast they were). They were one of the people I called when looking for somebody that had a red XR but they didn't. I do not care for the dealership at exit 407. I tried to buy my first bike from them 5 years ago when I was living in Knoxville and they were overpriced and would not budge so went up to Tommy's and got a good used bike for a decent price. I test drove a red and silver XC at 407 a couple of weeks before I got my XR (they didn't have XR's either except for the classic) and it was like pulling teeth gettting them to let me test drive it. The dealership I bought my bike from had the same bike brand new and I had already got a price on it. The one I test drove was a demo bike with over a thousand miles on it and when we started taking price they were $2000 higher than my dealer was on his brand new one! They would not budge on that price either. Also when I questioned the salesman about the Red Tag rebates he said there is no rebates on Vics right now and right behind him was a very large banner advertising the red tag event. If it were not for the atv's, jet ski's, lawnmowers, etc the few Vic dealers near me would be out of business. Nice to you when you buy the bike but don't really care after they got your money.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
TNXR

There is an ATV/ Can-am/Polaris dealership in Elizabethton who just moved into a larger building and they are going to try and be a Victory dealership. They work on my 4-wheeler and the ones for my job and are great guys and easy to deal with so hopefully the can be the one to do the upgrades on my Vic. They said it is very expensive to buy into the Victory family and that Vic is very strict on signage, showroom space, etc. and they wonder if they can make enough money selling the Vics to justify it.
I am also looking into doing the Stage 1 upgrade even though the exhaust may not be as loud as I like it. I have read on enough exhaust threads on here and the other forum that my head is spinning. I figured the S1 has enough sound to make me happy plus most seem to like the small amount of power increase you get and I don't have to fiddle with a fuel controller.

Last edited by TNXR; 12-08-2012 at 04:33 AM.
TNXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
gibson
Lifetime Premium

It is a tough economy, location is the key, then service, and setting prices that get people into your dealership to sell bikes. I can not think of anyone that will pay full price without something in return..
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
TNXR

The price that dealership quoted me for ordering one was not bad but still far enough apart that it was not worth driving over 2 hours down the road for. Bikes just are not selling that well. The local Jap dealership can't move anything either (plus they won't budge much on price either). The ATV section is what keeps them in business.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #9
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
The price that dealership quoted me for ordering one was not bad but still far enough apart that it was not worth driving over 2 hours down the road for. Bikes just are not selling that well. The local Jap dealership can't move anything either (plus they won't budge much on price either). The ATV section is what keeps them in business.
Hmm, last time I was at the Gap I noticed a Harley place on the Tn end and another on the Tn end of Cherahola. If they can sell Harleys on sportbike roads, maybe the Jap shops should set up camp at Sturgis?
Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 AM   #10
rainman123

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Hmm, last time I was at the Gap I noticed a Harley place on the Tn end and another on the Tn end of Cherahola. If they can sell Harleys on sportbike roads, maybe the Jap shops should set up camp at Sturgis?
The one on the skyway just sells clothing not bikes
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement