Advice on where to start - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
DeathSythe27

Default Advice on where to start

Hello all,

So today is my birthday and my wife got a job today after being laid off about a month ago. Pretty good day, but the she tells me to go ahead and buy myself something nice. The question is where to start. I have a list of things to buy, but can't seem to decide on what. I doesn't matter about which items function better, as I am currently still in South Korea and don't get back home to the family until Feb. But, I still want to get something. Here is the list of some of the items I have in mind. Let me know what you guys think.

Arlen Ness Black Deep Comfort Grips
Arlen Ness Black Deep Comfort Shift/Brake Pegs
Black Sythe Mirrors
Black Lay Down Lisence Plate Bracket

(The best answer is E. All of the above. But that got shot down quick from the boss )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #2
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

If were me first thing would be the grips .. Actually after checking again think would get the things just in the order you have listed ..
Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 AM   #3
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Howabout maybe a couple of them.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...part/AN-06-119

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ku...action=fitment

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1456/vi...k-down-sc-318/

I can tell you by experience that it's best to get the Kury mirrors rather than a knock off for the Scythe style because they are heavier and don't vibrate as much.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
ammo_umb

Start with the grips of the mirrors if you're going for visual impact (they'll be noticed faster than pegs or a layback plate).

Note that the grips you're looking at are really comfortable compared to the OEM grips. Also note that those mirrors (and most other decorative mirrors) don't off the same view as the OEM mirrors so you may also have to get offsets.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
Blueline

I like your choices and the order you have them in. Happy Birthday!!
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #6
visionjohnny

Is the bike over there with you.
Would the parts get stolen.
Save the money and wait till you get home.
Take some of the money an send your wife some flowers and tell her home much you miss her that would be the best gift.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
rdeerx

I agree with visionjohnny on the flowers. You may then get much more than ALL of the parts you listed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver & passenger Backrests
Custom Dynamics Non-sequential License Plate Frame
Hyper-Lites
Cool Magic Bullet LED's
SRVT 2+ Handlebars
Pinstripping by Cobra
Raptor AW-RMBC Antenna
Victory Bag Guards
Kuryakyn #4178 Windshield Bag
Ultimate Seat & Passenger Backrest
rdeerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #8
ammo_umb

Awe come on guys let the kid buy some bling for his bike! He can buy her some knock off namebrand purses and such over there and she'll thank him just as much!

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #9
DeathSythe27

Thanks guys for the input. The bike is back home in Vegas, sitting in the garage. Our 9yr anniversary is Jan 2, so she will be getting something nice then. This time, it's about me.

After some thinking, I'm going to go in this order: grips, mirrors, pegs and then the plate. Hopefully I'll have all of them by the time I get back home. Also going to do some blacking out while everything is going back together. I'll post some pics when it's done. Again, thanks for the input.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 AM   #10
DeathSythe27

Default Less than 30 days!

Alright, so here is the update. Just ordered everything on the list. Hopefully it will all be waiting for me when I get home. I also ordered a set of black handle bars. My wonderful wife changed her mind and said just to go ahead and get everything. (She's a Keeper ) Can't wait to get home and see her and put everything back together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement