Which battery tender do you use? - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which tender do you or will you use
Battery Tender Jr 750ma 27 47.37%
Battery Tender Plus 1.2amp 20 35.09%
Other type of tender (Please post) 10 17.54%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
Botein

Garage

If your battery is in good condition the Jr will be on maintain within the day. It's all you need.

Cheap alternatives are not cheap. I tried that once and after one winter on a new battery I was buying another new battery. So much for saving $10 bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #22
cocheese72

Default Which battery tender do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botein View Post
If your battery is in good condition the Jr will be on maintain within the day. It's all you need.

Cheap alternatives are not cheap. I tried that once and after one winter on a new battery I was buying another new battery. So much for saving $10 bucks.
I have the real one as well as a $5.00 from harbor freight. Used the harbor freight one for years now without issue. Bike starts up every spring. My uncle has used his even longer. Vulcan was going on 4 years when I sold it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/automat...ger-42292.html

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by cocheese72; 01-26-2013 at 11:21 AM.
cocheese72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
sixshooter_45

Garage
Wink Battery Tender Plus

Schumacher SEM-1562A 1.5 Amp Automotive Battery Maintainer and Charger:

Specs:

Unique automatic battery charger maintains both 6 and 12 volt batteries keeping them at full charge using float-mode monitoring. Perfect for charging small batteries. Great for maintaining small and large batteries kept in storage – motorcycles, classic cars, RVs, boats • 1.5 amp charger and maintainer • LEDs indicate: Charging, Charged and Trouble • Automatically switches from Full Charge to Float-Mode Monitoring • Quick-Disconnect Harness – Snap either connector into place in seconds – Use the 50 amp clamps or permanently attach the ring connectors…great for hard-to-reach motorcycle batteries • Reverse-hookup protection

I'm using the Battery Tender Plus and am using it outside and leaving it plugged in all winter. I really like the temperature compensation to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature feature, the 4-step charging program, the safe operations that are built into it and that it comes with a 10 year warranty.

Battery Tender Plus:"><font color=Battery Tender Plus:" /> Battery Tender Plus:">Battery Tender Plus:

The Battery Tender Plus 12-volt/1.25-amp Battery Charger is the convenient solution to the challenge of keeping 12-volt vehicle batteries optimally powered when not in use. It is able to charge any lead-acid battery--including standard and sealed AGM and Gel Cell battery types and is also designed to be easy to use in difficult spaces, to utilize a 4-step charging program and safely function in a fully automatic mode.

Specs:

Safe, 4-step Battery Charging

The Battery Tender Plus 12-volt/1.25-amp Battery Charger is much more than a trickle charger. Powered by BTP microprocessor technology, it has a "brain". Utilizing a 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode), it allows you to simply connect the charger to a battery, either in or out of a vehicle, and forget about it until you are ready to put the battery to work. Like all Battery Tender chargers, at the end of the regular charger cycle the it automatically switches its output voltage to a safe, storage or float level that eliminates the need to worry about the damaging effects of overcharging, and the resulting need to check on the condition of the battery. If or when the battery voltage drops too far under load, output power resumes and the charging cycle begins again. The unit also features sparkproof connectors, short circuit and reverse polarity protection, an easy to understand charging status LED indicator, a quick connect harness for use in hard to reach areas and almost no current draw from batteries connected to.

Key Features:
  • Perfect for all lead-acid, flooded or sealed maintenance free batteries (AGM and gel cell).
  • Complete 4-step charging program (initialization, bulk charge, absorption mode and float mode).
  • Automatically switches to float / maintenance voltage after fully charging the battery.
  • If the battery voltage drops too far under load, full charger output power resumes.
  • Temperature compensated to ensure optimum charge voltage according to ambient temperature.
  • Solid state two color LED indicates stage of charger.
  • Spark proof and reverse polarity protected.
  • Includes quick connect harness for use in hard to reach areas.
  • 10 year warranty.

Blue Thunder Garage!

Color: Boardwalk Blue; list of accessories.

Last edited by sixshooter_45; 01-26-2013 at 06:20 PM.
sixshooter_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
Big_Al

I currently use the Megaboost Pro Series 4000. Was using the welbilt but it took a nose dive on me in the middle of charging.
Comfort Chrome Handgrips
Ness Chrome Teardrop Mirrors
Hacker Rippers w/ Power Commander V
MBW LED Fork Turn Signal Kit
MBW Rear Led Turn Signal Kit
Illuminated Chrome Plated Frame w/Polished License Bracket
Comfort Chrome Shift Peg Cover
Kuryakyn Brake Pedal Cover
Polished Battery Side Cover
Polished Horn Bolt Caps
Polished Oil Cooler Cover
Polished Starter Cover