Any reviews on the V-stream windshield? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-07-2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Bujee1

Garage
Default Any reviews on the V-stream windshield?

I have one or my m109r and I love it. No turbulence even at speed.
Perhaps the one for the c is just as good?
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/na...part/NC-N20700

Last edited by Bujee1; 12-07-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Bujee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Mine just came in today. I'm in the process of changing out the air filter, handlebars, and this shield, but it will be a day or two before I put the bike back on the road to try it out.

The shield looks good in person. I would have liked a bit of tint to it but did not see that as an option yet. Price of the shield is decent though and it's Lexan vs the cheaper stuff used elsewhere. I may take it down to a tint place and have them dark tint the lower half.

I really liked the stability around big rig trucks I got from the KW shields with a similar indented design. I'm hoping for the same result with this shield. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and let you know what I find.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
wspollack

BBob:

As I recall, you have several windshields, right? How tall is the National, compared to any others you've tried?

I ask because although I'm pretty satisfied with my KlockWerks Flare, for the pretty small price of the V-Stream, I'm thinking about giving it a shot in the Spring... but only provided it's a definite "look-over" windshield (for me, 5'9", 30" inseam).

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspollack View Post
BBob:

As I recall, you have several windshields, right? How tall is the National, compared to any others you've tried?

I ask because although I'm pretty satisfied with my KlockWerks Flare, for the pretty small price of the V-Stream, I'm thinking about giving it a shot in the Spring... but only provided it's a definite "look-over" windshield (for me, 5'9", 30" inseam).
Bill; there are 3 sizes on this shield so you can definitely find one to fit you. I am about the same size you are and got the tallest one which I think is 12.25". The same one referenced in this thread.

I generally buy 13" shields. That is the size that allows me to look over the shield but not by much so I am getting the maximum height before the top of the shield gets into my line of vision. A person's height is only half the equation though. I'm built symmetrically but others might have a longer torso and shorter inseam as you know since you mentioned it. I only mention this for the benefit of others who might read this.

I will come back and let you know what I find with this one but remember; I'm also using the Madstad brackets so it may skew things somewhat. I would try the shield without the brackets but then it would cause rub marks on the bottom of the shield where it fits between the fairing halves. Not that it would show that much but I don't want to do that with a new shield.

Great job on the XCT review you did!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
wspollack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Bill; there are 3 sizes on this shield so you can definitely find one to fit you. I am about the same size you are and got the tallest one which I think is 12.25". The same one referenced in this thread.

I generally buy 13" shields. That is the size that allows me to look over the shield but not by much so I am getting the maximum height before the top of the shield gets into my line of vision. A person's height is only half the equation though. I'm built symmetrically but others might have a longer torso and shorter inseam as you know since you mentioned it. I only mention this for the benefit of others who might read this.

I will come back and let you know what I find with this one but remember; I'm also using the Madstad brackets so it may skew things somewhat. I would try the shield without the brackets but then it would cause rub marks on the bottom of the shield where it fits between the fairing halves. Not that it would show that much but I don't want to do that with a new shield.

Great job on the XCT review you did!
Thanks for the info, BBob. (And thanks for the comment on the review.)

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

The new VStream Shield. This is tallest one at 12.25". I would not go any lower for my height at around 5'10".

Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
The new VStream Shield.
Looks wonderful, now for the $64k question...HOW DO IT WORK?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Works ok up to 80 mph. That's about as fast as I've been with it. Haven't been around any big rig trucks on the freeway yet to find out if it feels as solid as the KW shield did when I had it before it cracked. I'll have to try and remember to come back and give that report when I have it.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Bujee1

Garage

Quote:
Works ok up to 80 mph. That's about as fast as I've been with it. Haven't been around any big rig trucks on the freeway yet to find out if it feels as solid as the KW shield did when I had it before it cracked. I'll have to try and remember to come back and give that report when I have it.
How about two up?
Bujee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujee1 View Post
How about two up?
No idea. I rarely ride 2 up.
Sponsored Links