I mourn for my country - Page 73 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #721
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
I don't how much they tax the upper 2%. I agree Boehner is screwing up big time. The spending, however, needs to stop.
You are right. A heroin addict needs to stop shooting up too. The problem is that if you ween them cold turkey, you may kill them. Similarly, after years of conservative policies that have allowed a handful of our citizens to become obscenely wealthy by selling out our country's wealth creating base, we cannot simply kill all the gubament jobs. There'd be no one left to do or buy anything.

The smart way to go is ease back on gradually on certain spending (by say means testing SSI, Medicare etc). But we will also need increase investment spending like education and infrastructure to make our country self sufficient again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #722
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
You are right. A heroin addict needs to stop shooting up too. The problem is that if you ween them cold turkey, you may kill them. Similarly, after years of conservative policies that have allowed a handful of our citizens to become obscenely wealthy by selling out our country's wealth creating base, we cannot simply kill all the gubament jobs. There'd be no one left to do or buy anything.

The smart way to go is ease back on gradually on certain spending (by say means testing SSI, Medicare etc). But we will also need increase investment spending like education and infrastructure to make our country self sufficient again.
I thought Azdave was the comedian... we need more spending on education... now that's a real joke.

And Obama is taking your advice, he'll cut back on spending so gradually that some other president will have to 'actually' cut something...

If you liberals 'actually' do believe the problem is spending then you'd think you'd want to see some cuts to... wait for it... SPENDING.

(Don't bother to list Obama's proposed cuts to proposed future spending over decades... that doesn't count, since it isn't actually reducing spending, only slowing the proposed rate of increased spending)
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #723
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
you liberals
Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #724
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
You're right about that, your fearless leader just keeps reapeating the same ridiculous agenda... "Tax more, spend more"... over and over... and over, and over...

I'm beginning to think Pravda had it right when they said Obama was elected by illiterates....
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #725
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
You're right about that, your fearless leader just keeps reapeating the same ridiculous agenda... "Tax more, spend more"...
Never heard him say such a thing. I've heard him say to extend the *temporary* Bush tax cuts for 98% of the population and that he was willing to cut $800 billion in spending as part of his current deal.

Funny how your news sources get everything he says when there is no one around with a recording device to capture it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #726
Azdave

O is doing it the right way. He spoke about the fiscal cliff on his radio report today. His approval rating is 57% and rising. Fact is he is showing that his plan is fair to all. Problem is Boehner is afraid. Afraid of losing his speaker status. Losing his next election Afraid of the far right. The guy is trying to act and react all based on fear and that never ends well.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #727
ndabunka

Quote:
Saddlebag sure has NAILED Lance, hasn't he. Same old repeating rhetoric. No matter the common sense we tell him about he never seems to hear ANY of it. In Lance's case, sense isn't common.... It's "Special"!

How much in CUTS gets put in place if we simply let the artificial BUSH SUBSIDIES expire, A trillion? Maybe more?

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-08-2012 at 05:44 PM.
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #728
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Saddlebag sure has NAILED Lance, hasn't he. Same old repeating rhetoric. No matter the common sense we tell him about he never seems to hear ANY of it. In Lance's case, sense isn't common.... It's "Special"!

How much in CUTS gets put in place if we simply let the artificial BUSH SUBSIDIES expire, A trillion? Maybe more?
Yup, talking about smaller gov't, less spending, and lower taxes is something you liberals just can't 'get', regardless of how many times it's repeated.

Whatever Obama settles for, you can bet one thing will be true, there won't be any REAL decrease in spending, and taxes will continue to go up... we haven't even got to Obama's biggest tax increase yet, Obama care will hit soon.

You liberals 'really' believe in all this?? A massive and increasing debt, massive and increasing spending... and it's all ok by you?

Strange what goes on in those liberal heads... there's too much empty space apparently.

1974 BMW R75/5
Old 12-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #729
Azdave

Gee Lance I wish you were so vocal when Bush was increasing the size of government overnight. TSA, Homeland Security, enlarged the military and their budget, TARP. Where were you then?
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #730
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Gee Lance I wish you were so vocal when Bush was increasing the size of government overnight. TSA, Homeland Security, enlarged the military and their budget, TARP. Where were you then?
Does that mean you disagree with such increased spending? Or do you just like to hear yourself speak?

'I' DO disagree with all the above you mention, it was wrong when Bush did it and it's wrong when Obama does it...

.. but I imagine to you liberals it's only wrong when Bush did it.

If, as your post suggests, you think such massive spending is a bad thing, why do you support it now that Obama does it???? I know the answer, you liberals have no core beliefs, you sway in the wind with your party.

P.S. What are your core beliefs???

Mine are:

Return to Constitutional principles, small fed. gov't, minimal taxation, all powers left to the states not mandated to the fed. gov't.
1974 BMW R75/5

Last edited by Lance; 12-09-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement