Thunder Monster baffle - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
SilentUnicorn

Default Thunder Monster baffle

Couple of pics of the baffles I have installed in my shotgun pipes. Initial results sound great. They definitely took some of the harshness and crack out of the sound. It will be a bit before i can get it out on the road to really test them out for performance.

m
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Nice! What size are they? Got a link to where you bought them from?
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
SilentUnicorn

Here ya go.

www.bigcitythunder.com/

It is hard to tell in those photos- but welded into the perforated cone tip is a large spherical washer. The whole piece is nicely made. Polished and de-bured, well pack and they shipped faster than lightning.

Bbob- ya got any thoughts on those exhaust gaskets in the other thread?

m

Last edited by SilentUnicorn; 12-09-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: correct terminology
SilentUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Wow! I hadn't been to their site in a while. The prices are crazy high for what they are but I guess if they do exactly what they claim they will do; it's probably worth it.

Witchdoctor's has some that are much cheaper but don't know if they will fit the size you need. http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1349/vi...baffle-sc-395/

I didn't see or don't remember another thread. Link?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #5
HoodsBackVegas

Bbob would you personally recommend the ones from buy witch doctors ? I check their site out every day, a must have.. But I was looking at them thunder baffles .. Just trying to get opinions on what people are thinking.. I have the Victory stage 1, 2 into 1 pipe.. Was asking about drilling but I'd rather burly then ruin my pipes.. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
2009 Vegas,Stage 1 Flash, Bassani Pro Street Turn Outs,Arlen Ness 12" Modular Bars,Arlen Ness Smooth Fusion Grips,Victory HID,Side Mount Custom Plate Bracket and Frame,Arlen Ness 2" Rear Speeding Bullets,1.5'' lowering links...

Cherry/pearl white.

Chicopee Ma. 01020
HoodsBackVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
SilentUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
snip

Witchdoctor's has some that are much cheaper but don't know if they will fit the size you need. http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1349/vi...baffle-sc-395/

I didn't see or don't remember another thread. Link?
Wow- those look like some '"hacks" idea of a baffle compared to what i just got. Look at the burs on that thing! Guess ya gets what ya pays for...

m
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
NOEMTZ
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentUnicorn View Post
Couple of pics of the baffles I have installed in my shotgun pipes. Initial results sound great. They definitely took some of the harshness and crack out of the sound. It will be a bit before i can get it out on the road to really test them out for performance.

m
Getting ready to make up a set of 2 1/4" inserts for those exact baffles for a Cross Country. He loved the sound and performance of those baffles on his shotguns, he asked if I could install them on his Cross Country. When I get them done I will post up a video or sound byte.
Parts & Accessories, Grips, Pegs,Tail Lights, Clear Signal Lenses, Clutch Cable Repair Kits, Custom Tank Badges, Brake Pads, Led Conversions and installation, 12 Volt Adaptors, Chrome, Dyna Beads Wheel Balancing, Heel Blades, Kickstand extensions and much more!

"I Would Rather Die On My Feet, Than Live On My Knees...Emiliano Zapata - 1910"
I DONT PICK SIDES, GO WITH THE FLOW, OR PUT UP WITH BULLSHIT.
I RELY SOLELY ON MYSELF, BEAUSE I HAVE MY OWN BACK. NOEMTZ - 2010
NOEMTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #8
dtmmil
Premium Member

Lloyds suggested the ones that you have the link to from witchdoctors, they are rpw baffles, and they were like $40 shipped from lloyds to me. I put them in my vegas and they had a real good sound, I had the swept pipes with the massive banana baffle in them, I removed them and bolted the rpw(lloyds/witchdoctor)baffles in the same location. I had asked Lloyd about the thundermonster baffles and he said for what you get they were way over priced.
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #9
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentUnicorn View Post
Wow- those look like some '"hacks" idea of a baffle compared to what i just got. Look at the burs on that thing! Guess ya gets what ya pays for...

m
Not sure that matters on an item that doesn't show and will be covered in soot in a matter of miles as long as it is structurally sound.

The expensive baffles are definitely better made though. I just don't know if they are 10 times better made to justify the cost.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #10
SilentUnicorn

No - they weren't cheap. Cost more than they should, considering. Took some of the sting out seeing such nicely made part right out of the box.

m
Advertisement