Llyodz bore and stroke kits - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 12-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
JackPt

Send a message via AIM to JackPt
Default Llyodz bore and stroke kits

Potentially looking to spend some of my tax returns in early 2013. I've done some research and I know the cost of the kits up front. My question is to anyone who has done both to their 100ci motor, what was the labor cost and amount of hours required to do it (So total for parts and labor)? Were there any other modifications outside the kits that you also needed to add/wanted to add?

*sold*2008 Jackpot (color midnight cherry with a ton of mods)
JackPt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Big bore is cheaper... don't have to split the cases. With a stroker you'll be replacing the crank, rods... lots more labor too.

You will need a better airbox, a fuel controller, some cams... and the pipes you have will be holding you back from getting the power you would normally get.
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
JackPt

How much was the big bore after labor? Also I like the look of the ness pipes a ton. I assume I would have to switch to like an RPW or similar to keep that look with the new motor mods.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackPt View Post
How much was the big bore after labor? Also I like the look of the ness pipes a ton. I assume I would have to switch to like an RPW or similar to keep that look with the new motor mods.
It's been a few years... you should ask whoever is going to build it.
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
JackPt

I'm looking for ball park. I'm going to talk to Kyle at KMC Motorsports as his shop is about 45 minutes from my home.

Last edited by JackPt; 12-10-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
woodrow731

I did the work myself and the bike is easy to work on. if you have some knowledge and common sense it will be cake. i took it to get tuned and made 115 hp and 127 tq with a stage one victory pipe and it would make more with a better pipe. i got on ebay and ordered a copy of the manual for my bike because you can mess up the timing if you do not know how to set it. the worst part of the whole build was getting the engine out and in. it definitely takes patience. I would do the s&s 495. it will cost a little more money but it is worth it.

if you send your stuff to lloydz be prepared for it to take awhile.
here are the places i got my parts.

cams,carriers and valve springs: http://www.arizonavictory.com/eshopp...tSetLiftUp.htm
you will have to by the nuts and bolts for this from victory or anyone who sells them for the early style carrier.

109 big bore:http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_vie...itemid=1000088

variable clutch:http://www.lloydz.com/store/item_vie...itemid=1000079

if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.
vic performance pipe
109 big bore
s&s .495 cams
variable clutch
woodrow731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

This confirms what others have been saying about not using the S&S cams unless it is on one of the steel frame bikes and then; it would be best if the piston's were changed out for more compression so the 495 cam's can work the best for what they were designed to work with.

The bagger and touring class Vic's have a lower compression unless the piston's are changed out so more compression is added. The 495's need that added compression to do their magic from most of what I have read. Does anyone have more info to add to this concept? HC?

Of course, turning a bagger or touring bike into a hot rod might shorten engine life but for those looking for that much more hp/tq; it's usually not that much of an issue. Just rebuild when it wears something out, eh. Good stuff and fun!

Thanks much! This is really helpful!
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
The bagger and touring class Vic's have a lower compression unless the piston's are changed out so more compression is added. The 495's need that added compression to do their magic from most of what I have read. Does anyone have more info to add to this concept? HC?
Again, these are questions best asked of Kyle and Lloyd.

Quote:
Of course, turning a bagger or touring bike into a hot rod might shorten engine life but for those looking for that much more hp/tq; it's usually not that much of an issue.
This would be true... IF you had to use radical components to make power. With the Victory engine, you don't.You can make impressive power and have a very mild and reliable engine.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
woodrow731

Quote:
This confirms what others have been saying about not using the S&S cams unless it is on one of the steel frame bikes and then; it would be best if the piston's were changed out for more compression so the 495 cam's can work the best for what they were designed to work with.

Thanks much! This is really helpful!
It is important to be sure that the engine's compression ratio matches the recommended ratio for the cam you are selecting. Too little compression ratio (or too much duration) will cause the cylinder pressure to drop. This will lower the power output of the engine.

With too much compression ratio (or too little duration) the cylinder pressure will be too high, causing pre-ignition and detonation. This condition could severely damage engine components.

Does that help at all?
vic performance pipe
109 big bore
s&s .495 cams
variable clutch
woodrow731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement