Indian M/C To Make Major Announcement - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Indian Motorcycles > Indian Motorcycle forum

Old 12-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
Pop

Garage

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
Goatlocker95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
EXACTLY!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Pop

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
You can get a Vic for about $12k new. My XR was about $15k with a Stage 1 and Windshield.
I won't continue to pound on this but you do realize of course that is eggsackly what I am saying. It's like when you look at a sweet thing and your bud reminds you that no matter how good she swings her moneymaker, to some SOB somewhere she is just that no good beeatch.

A 12k ride may not smell RUB to another 12k rider but to some 5k rider you are a high muckety muck with your fancy wheels and whatnot.

RUB is relative.

Buying a 250k house is slithering under a rock to Trump but Honey Boo Boo says she gotz to get her somma that.

You don't want a 38k Indian. Me too. I just don't jump to conclusions about who does or what they do with a 38k Indian when they get one.

By the by saddlebag, you just about nailed it. I rode my Vintage in a parade. I was short sleeved but it was NYC and I had to wear a helmet. That accounts for about 10 klicks out of, hell I dunno, 100k give or take and two ground up rebuilds I did to it in the RUB cave. I don't know how many miles for sure because it ate through speedos. Latter generation Indians , or as they were affectionately referred to - Pretendians had issues with the spedomometers going squirrely after extralegal speed events.

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #14
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I dunno, 100k give or take and two ground up rebuilds I did to it in the RUB cave. I don't know how many miles for sure because it ate through speedos. Latter generation Indians , or as they were affectionately referred to - Pretendians had issues with the spedomometers going squirrely after extralegal speed events.
The 03's had the bottle top heads like the new ones, no? If so, what changed between yours and the Pretendians?

What is it that you preferred about your old Indian over your XC?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #15
Goatlocker95

Quote:
...A 12k ride may not smell RUB to another 12k rider but to some 5k rider you are a high muckety muck with your fancy wheels and whatnot.

RUB is relative.

Buying a 250k house is slithering under a rock to Trump but Honey Boo Boo says she gotz to get her somma that.
According to JD Powers 2011 U.S. Motorcycle Competitive Information Study
Quote:
The average owner-reported price paid in 2011 is $16,125, nearly $2,000 higher than in 2010. On average, owners spend an additional $1,340 on parts and accessories and $439 on riding gear.
Further, according to CNN Money Scooter nation: Bike sales soar amid high gas prices
Quote:
Motorcycles, meanwhile, can cost anywhere from $4,500 to $40,000 for a really high-end bike
So, yes, I'd say that most people would consider a $37,599 motorcycle as high end and qualify as being targeted to RUBs. Sorry if my overstating the obvious offends you to the point you feel the need to need reference multi-billionaires to "put things into perspective"
Advertisement