Fracking 101 - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 AM   #11
TNXR

Agreed!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #12
ftwflh

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Fracking the destruction of America. Time fir research and development for alternative fuel sources.
I have worked in the oilfields all my life and can tell you that Fracking well has been around for decades.If a well is drilled properly there is no danger to the environment.all is is is a high pressure injection of water,sand and chemical to stimulate a zone hundreds of feet bellow the ground.This opens up the zone for a better flow of Oil/gas.
Dont believe all the bunk you hear about contaminating ground water.The surfice pipe when drilling a well has to be set and cemented in well below the water table.
If I had moretime i could enlighten you all up on the processes.
1996 GMC truck
2005 Trailblazer
ftwflh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #13
sparkyo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinman View Post
Not to make light of the original story, but since no one was injured and everyone is accounted for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNBwqovI9U
frackin' hilarious!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 AM   #14
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeoBob View Post
What the frack are you guys fracking talking about?!?!? This is a fracking motorcycle forum! If you want to fracking talk about fracking then go to a fracking environmental site!
The thread wasn't about Fracking per se, but exploding roads in W.Virginny. I just titled it fracking, because last time I was there, there was so much of it going on. Beautiful backroads were packed with enormous water trucks, crossing lanes, destroying the roads, and backing up traffic.

Don't take this as a complaint. I don't blame those people from taking advantage of their resources, just pointing out the reality of it all. As a motorcyclist, if you plan to travel thru, you may want to invest in a fireproof suit.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #15
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinman View Post
Not to make light of the original story, but since no one was injured and everyone is accounted for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUNBwqovI9U
That's fracking funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdalton View Post
good idea, you be the first to buy the new electric powered bike, oh wait a minute, chances are the electric power used to recharge the battery so you can ride another 20 miles uses coal to produce the electricity
Actually, chances are they used something else to produce the electricity. Coal accounts for about 42% of the electrical production in the US and is declining rather quickly due to improvements in other areas. Not to mention the higher efficiency rate. Besides that, electric bikes won't have near the impact electric conventional passenger vehicles will.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
Botein

Garage

My parents were frac'n happy when I stopped blaming them for everything and switched to fracing.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
Azdave

If a well is drilled properly? What happens if not. Do a little research on some areas of the US with loss of trees, plants wild life. Sorry but time to crank up alternative fuels.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #18
Dusty74

Garage

This incident had nothing to do with Fracking. The gas line that exploded was a main transmission line that brings natural gas from the Gulf of Mexico region. Apparently there had been some inspection issues that were overlooked and malfunctioning alarms at the control center. This is from the NTSB investigation team there now. Luckily no one was killed, this was bad. Lost five houses, damaged another four, burned a few vehicles and 800' section of all four lanes of a major interstate system(props to our DOH crew who had the road milled down and repaved in a matter of 19 hours). This all happened about 8 miles from where I grew up, still have a few friends in that area.

Here's a picture of I79 where it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #19
lawnstriper

I bet that sign used to be green . Lol

Old 12-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #20
wesdalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty74 View Post
This incident had nothing to do with Fracking. The gas line that exploded was a main transmission line that brings natural gas from the Gulf of Mexico region. Apparently there had been some inspection issues that were overlooked and malfunctioning alarms at the control center. This is from the NTSB investigation team there now. Luckily no one was killed, this was bad. Lost five houses, damaged another four, burned a few vehicles and 800' section of all four lanes of a major interstate system(props to our DOH crew who had the road milled down and repaved in a matter of 19 hours). This all happened about 8 miles from where I grew up, still have a few friends in that area.

Here's a picture of I79 where it happened.

shoot, don't confuse the green libs with facts you ruin their day
Advertisement