Wrist pain from handlebar angle - Page 6 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #51
Pckrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Feels pretty good. It does force me to lean forward more; even to the point of not needing the backrest. This is not a bad thing for me personally because for whatever reason; my dang tailbone doesn't like to be sat on for very long.

I think they are fine for what I want them for but for touring I think the HMD bars would be better. Especially if they were $50 less. At $300 I think the HMD bars would be a solid choice for those looking for comfort, better wrist angle, and good looks. At $350 I would just buy the Ness bars again. Hard to beat that adjustable grip angle for the price. Then again I did buy the Ness bars on sale and got the $50 gift certificate which made the Ness bars $354.
What set of HMD bars.... I am torn between the XC pull backs or the bagger bars....
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #52
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

The bagger bars would probably be about the same but not adjustable at the grips. I'm thinking of the 2.5" pullback bars with the mitered corners like the Ness bars..
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #53
orbiker

From what I'm seeing, there is only a few options for the XCT.

Stock bars if you are over 6'2' tall
Stock bars bent to fix the poor angle of the pullback
Victory 2 over bars with the poor angle
HMD pullback bars
Ness modular bars

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #54
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Plus apes from Ness, HMD, Kewlmetal, or custom made through Zombie bars or BR Custom Bars. BR can make bars to your specs for about what I paid for the Ness Mod Bars.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #55
Pckrfan

Well HMD pullbacks in black it is.......see if my dealer can install them when they do the 500 mile service....
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #56
Desert Dave

Heli-Bars are another option, just prepare yourself for the sticker shock! If I go to Sturgis in 2013, I will probably go this route as they will install for free, and ship your old bars home. Expensive, but good adjustability, and quality.

D2
Old 12-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #57
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

I think I have my modulars where I want them now. I'll be riding 2.5 hours after work so it should be apparent how well they work soon.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #58
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dave View Post
Heli-Bars are another option, just prepare yourself for the sticker shock! If I go to Sturgis in 2013, I will probably go this route as they will install for free, and ship your old bars home. Expensive, but good adjustability, and quality.

D2
Yepper. $750 normally but right now they are on sale for $600. If I were you I would just buy them now and put them on. It's a good time to get to know your bike a little better as well. Pulling the outer fairing and the 4 bolts that hold the inner fairing to the bike is a piece of cake. Just takes a little time the first time.

https://www.helibars.com/product/hor...lebars-victory
Old 12-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #59
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
I think I have my modulars where I want them now. I'll be riding 2.5 hours after work so it should be apparent how well they work soon.
I pulled mine back a little and think I have them in a better spot now too. I'll find out after this little squall rolls through tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 PM   #60
wspollack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
Yepper. $750 normally but right now they are on sale for $600. If I were you I would just buy them now and put them on. It's a good time to get to know your bike a little better as well. Pulling the outer fairing and the 4 bolts that hold the inner fairing to the bike is a piece of cake. Just takes a little time the first time.

https://www.helibars.com/product/hor...lebars-victory
One of the motorcycle magazines (I forget which one -- it was Motorcyclist, Cycle World, or Rider) added these to a Concours 14 or an FJR in the last year or so, and absolutely loved them, said it was worth the money, etc. I thought of these, but I didn't think that they made them for our small market (and didn't bother to check).

The bad news is that the sale may be over: "Sale price: $599.00 HeliBars 25th Anniversary November Special valid through November 30th!"

Having removed the fairing and the dash before (for lighting and a horn), I can attest that the dash is a bit of a PITA (bolts down by the fork tubes and underneath the dash), but it's certainly in the realm of a shade-tree mechanic. The hardest part of D-I-Y bar-changing -- at least, the part that worries me the most -- is removing and preserving the heated grips on my XCT.

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement