Liquid Image Ego HD Action Camera - Includes Free Micro-SD 8gb Memory Card! - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Platinum Vendor Area > Riders Discount

Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
ChuglyXJ

The splash protector, is that suitable for rain or would the waterproof housing be better? I'm thinking about getting a system, I've borrowed a go pro in the past and had 2 mounts break while on my old bike. Never lost a camera as I noticed and got stopped in time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #12
wspollack

@BBob:

"Like all electronics if you wait till the next generation comes out you will be waiting forever."

Ya know, I've said that same sort of thing to people waiting to buy PCs, iPads, etc. You're absolutely right - thanks for the reminder - and I may spring for the Ego in, um, the spring.

@ChuglyXJ:

Don't know who your rain question was directed to, but I'll chime in. In that two-part review - see links in my earlier post - the reviewer discusses this a little bit in one of the videos. My understanding is that the splash protector is more of a lens protector. You'll notice that the buttons on top are still exposed with that, but in the waterproof case the entire camera is enclosed.

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuglyXJ View Post
The splash protector, is that suitable for rain or would the waterproof housing be better? I'm thinking about getting a system, I've borrowed a go pro in the past and had 2 mounts break while on my old bike. Never lost a camera as I noticed and got stopped in time.
Definitely would recommend getting the waterproof housing. As stated in the previous post, the splash guard is more of a lens protector for dry conditions.
Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
RidersDiscount is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
ChuglyXJ

Thanks, I assumed that it was more of an impact over water protector but doesn't hurt to ask. I am really looking at these now.

Thanks again.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #15
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuglyXJ View Post
Thanks, I assumed that it was more of an impact over water protector but doesn't hurt to ask. I am really looking at these now.

Thanks again.
No problem. Let me know if you have anymore questions that I can help with or you'd like to order.
Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #16
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Riders Discount is currently running a special on the Liquid Image Ego HD Action Cam. Buy any Liquid Image Ego and you’ll also receive a free Samsung 8gb Micro-SD memory card with an SD adapter.

This deal won’t last long, so be sure to get in touch with Nathan to order yours. Give him a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 809, or send a message through this forum. If email is more convenient, feel free to send them to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we’ll get right back to you!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #17
SilentUnicorn

Default And the price is???

And the price is??? Guess I do not understand why it can not be posted here? Trying to drive up page hits?

m
Old 12-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentUnicorn View Post
And the price is??? Guess I do not understand why it can not be posted here? Trying to drive up page hits?

m
Some manufacturers have a Minimum Advertised Pricing (MAP) policy that we are contractually required to not "advertise" their product below a specific price. This is a required contract with these suppliers for us to resell their products.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
busajack

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidersDiscount View Post
Keep your Liquid Image EGO safe and dry in the optional waterproof housing. With a depth rating of 130 ft., the case is more than enough to keep water off of the camera whether you’re surfing or riding on a rainy day.

The waterproof housing adds a lot of protection, without adding much size.

Two buttons on the top maintain the easy to use functionality of the EGO.

A sturdy latch secures the camera in place and keeps a tight seal around the door.
Does it record sound with the waterproof case??
Old 12-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor

Yes actually

Sponsored Links
Advertisement