I mourn for my country - Page 101 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 12-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #1001
Azdave

Depot you can use google to answer the gun question. Throw a few at me and we can compare our gun knowledge. You can also test me on economics, finance, math but no Spanish
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #1002
Lance
Premium Member

Just as I suspected, they can sit around the campfire and convince each other how smart they are... afterall, most of us have researched the trigger pull of various handguns.. right.

These guys are just too smart for me. I've gotta go polish my motorcycle.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1003
Azdave

Geez Lance, I was accused of being a dumbass when it comes to guns. I stated I know more than Depot and challenged him to answer a question. Your the gun nuts so you should be able to easily challenge me on my gun knowledge. In the past there have also been comments how brain challenged us liberals are so I threw down the glove.
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 12-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #1004
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Geez Lance, I was accused of being a dumbass when it comes to guns. I stated I know more than Depot and challenged him to answer a question. Your the gun nuts so you should be able to easily challenge me on my gun knowledge. In the past there have also been comments how brain challenged us liberals are so I threw down the glove.
Obviously, you don't know what you're talking about. Case in point?

This is a gun:

These are firearms:

HA HA!
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #1005
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Dave, you don't even know the difference between selective fire, fully automatic, and semi-automatic.... you proved that the other day.

As I said before, banning certain guns because some nut job goes crazy is just as stupid as banning cars because of drunk drivers. The only difference is, cars aren't protected by the constitution.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)

Last edited by Gunslinger; 12-18-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #1006
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
I think the dispute was your definition of 'assault weapon', and your belief that such things are so terrible, past assault weapons bans have mostly been calling something an assault weapon because it 'looked a certain way', had a pistol grip (oh my God), or a collapsable/adjustable stock (the humanity!), or some arbitrary number of rounds the magazine could hold.. since you are so knowledgeable about 'guns' I imagine you realize that a thirty round magazine, or quickly changing (10) round magazines don't make a bit of difference in how deadly such guns are... again, it's all about you liberals' ultimate goal of banning guns all together, or making sure nobody can get anything but a single shot bolt action rifle.

The ability to defend one's self is a VERY basic American principle... and properly defending yourself just might require such 'assault rifles'.

Now, back to your gun quiz... please let us know how many pounds of trigger pull is considered optimum for a small 'pocket' handgun.. I know we're all on the edge of our seats.
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #1007
Lance
Premium Member

For those of you who like facts about things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ikaajbOEWpk
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 12-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #1008
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
As I said before, banning certain guns because some nut job goes crazy is just as stupid as banning cars because of drunk drivers. The only difference is, cars aren't protected by the constitution.
Actually, there are several other very large differences. Using ridiculous comparisons like this do nothing to help the cause. For instance:

-Cars were invented for transportation. Firearms were invented to kill.
-Cars have been improved to make them safer. Firearms have improved to be more deadly.
-The majority of deaths caused because of drunk drivers is negligence on the users part. The majority of deaths caused by firearm use is the users intent to kill.

Now, sadly, I need to clarify since some on here automatically assume calling out BS means you completely disagree with their stance. I simply am not a fan of baseless, non-related comparisons being used to defend/clarify one's position.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #1009
Azdave

So none of you guys know the answer but you rip on me for me showing you that the company that manufactured that piece of destruction refers to it as an assault rifle. So either they don't know what they sell or they want the stupid to think they are buying something it is not. I would have to think they know what their product is and how to present it on their website and in their ads.

Now as far as my knowledge on guns I grew up around them. Father was an expert marksman. Uncle was a Chicago police officer. Relatives hunted, target practice, skit shooting. So again I think I know as much and since you can't answer the trigger pressure question then I do believe I know more. BTW I was at the range when my uncle shot an old school machine gun. You know the one with the round magazine. Ever been around one of those?

To answer the question because I know you will never figure it out stock is 8-9 lbs of pressure. With a little tweaking it can be reduced to 7 lbs.

Lance every time you post you prove my statements. The rifle in question is what? A hunting rifle? If so is hunting so difficult that you need a minimum of a 30 round magazine? Like I said earlier if you do you suck at hunting and should stay home pop open a beer and let people be able to hunt safely not having some douche firing that many rounds at Bambi. Where do YOU draw the line 30 rounds, 50 100? Just curious on your stand in regards to the large capacity magazines.
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000

Last edited by Azdave; 12-18-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #1010
lawnstriper

Here is a scenario , nut job kills people with a gun . Take away the gun , nut job kills people with _________ . Fill in the blank however you like.
Now , take away nut job and leave the gun . No body gets killed.
Because the "nut job " is the root cause when you break it down rationally.
I fail to see what is so hard to understand about that for you anti gun people.
I admit , I only have a 131 IQ , but come on , this ain't Rocket science.
When law abiding citizens can't have guns or are limited to the types of gun they can have , do you really think these shootings will stop.
If so , you are more delusional than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement