I mourn for my country - Page 107 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #1061
BBob
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Western Arizona
Posts: 5,277
Garage
Default

I dunno. It was my impression that we don't treat any segment of the population unfairly; even the top 2% income bracket. Fact is that top 2% does more for this country than the other 98% combined. Are we sure we want to treat them unfairly by raising taxes on just them? Wealth redistribution is the liberal commie way of doing things. I'd like to think conservatives are better than that. If we need tax income that much; we need to tax everyone and not single out any group for extra taxation just because we don't belong to that group.

Obummer, the windbag in chief, continues to say he wants to tax people "like himself" more but we all know he won't be taxed more. He knows all the tricks on burying his money. Funny how he was just an upper middle class guy before becoming a politician and now, just a few years later, he is somehow a millionaire. Curious indeed.

When I saw the Acorn I immediately thought of the biggest Acorn supporter and one of the most corrupt members.


What do think of this girls new .22 cal long rifle?

BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #1062
lawnstriper
Senior Member
 
lawnstriper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South central , PA
Posts: 230
Default

Now that is a looooooooong rifle


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
__________________
2001 V92C(sold)
2004 Kingpin
lawnstriper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #1063
ALStensby
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
I wonder if you'd see a photo of an aborted fetus and say that's not a person... humm.
I have. And I did.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #1064
Azdave
Senior Member
 
Azdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 1,323
Default

Lance it is the law of the land. A woman has the right bynUS law to do what she wants. I am pro life but I would never tell a woman what she must do based on my opinion.

Gun availability is the law of the land as well. Personally I support the 2nd amendment but not when it comes to large magazined assault weapons. I therefore support a change in the law. The Republicans have had many opportunities to change the abortion law but have always been afraid of losing the elections so they say we are pro life but never stand up. Same goes for the 31 pro gun Politicians in DC. Stand up if you really think these type of weapons save lives. So far these gutless POS have remained silent.

Sorry bud but the Republican Party has become the talk tough but have no balls party
__________________
Blame it on me
2014 HD Street Glide
2013 Vision Sunset Red
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #1065
CrossRoads
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Lance it is the law of the land. A woman has the right bynUS law to do what she wants. I am pro life but I would never tell a woman what she must do based on my opinion.

Gun availability is the law of the land as well. Personally I support the 2nd amendment but not when it comes to large magazined assault weapons. I therefore support a change in the law. The Republicans have had many opportunities to change the abortion law but have always been afraid of losing the elections so they say we are pro life but never stand up. Same goes for the 31 pro gun Politicians in DC. Stand up if you really think these type of weapons save lives. So far these gutless POS have remained silent.

Sorry bud but the Republican Party has become the talk tough but have no balls party
Legal abortions set the tone for how people behave sexually. If there are no consequences, and life is worthless as dictated by law, that's the message you send to our youth. I'm not into controlling someone's life either (I have a tough enough time controlling my own life), but I believe in passing good morals to the younger ones, who look up to us.

As far as guns, you could have them laying around in the streets, if you had no crazy people to grab them and use them, there would be no problem. The question is, how do you find the crazies before they go off? And when they do go off, do you want to be able to defend yourself, or just be a helpless victim? By the way, I don't own a gun, never had, but maybe one day I will - depending how my neighborhood turns out in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
I have. And I did.
Then, why not move it up to newborns too? Newborns look different than infants, so, why not allow the mothers of newborns to put them down if they decide they're not ready to have a child? We don't want to tell a woman what to do, so why not allow it legally? That way they have the freedom of choice extended a bit. No harm, no foul, right?
__________________
Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HID upgrade kits: VictoryHID.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1066
ALStensby
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Legal abortions set the tone for how people behave sexually. If there are no consequences, and life is worthless as dictated by law, that's the message you send to our youth. I'm not into controlling someone's life either (I have a tough enough time controlling my own life), but I believe in passing good morals to the younger ones, who look up to us.
The beginning to your second sentence explains perfectly the mentality issue in regards to abortion (or sex education in general). To think that legalizing abortion (or anything else related for that matter) removes consequences from sex is beyond ignorant. The ONLY thing that "removes" consequences is when one isn't aware that they exist. I.e. a lack of education.

Abortion IS a possible consequence of sex. While I can not speak for everyone, it is seldom a decision made lightly. It can also be a necessary means for certain individuals/couples when circumstances arise and a heart wrenching decision must be made. I would suggest you take that in to account when speaking about it. Nothing in life is black and white. Especially a subject such as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Then, why not move it up to newborns too? Newborns look different than infants, so, why not allow the mothers of newborns to put them down if they decide they're not ready to have a child? We don't want to tell a woman what to do, so why not allow it legally? That way they have the freedom of choice extended a bit. No harm, no foul, right?
Aside from this extrapolation being beyond ridiculous, it has nothing to do with looks. There is a difference between life and potential for life. Hell...if you want to go this route, how about we take the Titus method in to consideration? No abortions until age 22. By then, you know if the person is going to be a shithead. Have to wait until 22 since drinking doesn't legally begin in 21 and hey...that affects some people. And by going that long, you can hold it over the kids' heads to make them behave.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #1067
Lance
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Lance it is the law of the land. A woman has the right bynUS law to do what she wants. I am pro life but I would never tell a woman what she must do based on my opinion.

Gun availability is the law of the land as well. Personally I support the 2nd amendment but not when it comes to large magazined assault weapons. I therefore support a change in the law. The Republicans have had many opportunities to change the abortion law but have always been afraid of losing the elections so they say we are pro life but never stand up. Same goes for the 31 pro gun Politicians in DC. Stand up if you really think these type of weapons save lives. So far these gutless POS have remained silent.

Sorry bud but the Republican Party has become the talk tough but have no balls party
Your test of the second ammendment is which weapons save lives? You are a strange bird.

P.S. I've previously stated I'm not for banning abortions, but do agree that 'I' shouldn't pay for them as a method of birth control...

.. that by the way has been the position of most conservatives... don't allow federal funding of abortion.. not outlaw it.. you know that.

My comment was related to the stupid photo of an acorn and "that's not a tree".. at least you liberals need to be honest enough to say that small people (fetuses) ARE people... of course they are, unless you can tell me at what point they 'become' people..

..so abortion IS, as a fact, murder.. if you support it you support such murders, stand up and say it.

Again, 'I' do support a woman's right to such murders.. up to a given age.

And after the recent school shooting I'd be willing to extend that age somewhat... how old was that crazy shooter?
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #1068
CrossRoads
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Aside from this extrapolation being beyond ridiculous, it has nothing to do with looks. There is a difference between life and potential for life. Hell...if you want to go this route, how about we take the Titus method in to consideration? No abortions until age 22. By then, you know if the person is going to be a shithead. Have to wait until 22 since drinking doesn't legally begin in 21 and hey...that affects some people. And by going that long, you can hold it over the kids' heads to make them behave.
Medical definition of being alive, is having a pulse and brain activity, which both are present in a fetus.

Laws outlawing abortions have always had a clause for instances when the mother's life is put in danger, or when the pregnancy results from rape.
__________________
Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HID upgrade kits: VictoryHID.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #1069
ALStensby
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Laws outlawing abortions have always had a clause for instances when the mother's life is put in danger, or when the pregnancy results from rape.
Always? I find that interesting considering anti-abortion laws have been on the books since the early 1900s in this country. Prohibited in over half of the states, only about two-thirds of those having clauses for extenuating circumstances.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #1070
CrossRoads
Administrator
 
CrossRoads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 5,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Always? I find that interesting considering anti-abortion laws have been on the books since the early 1900s in this country. Prohibited in over half of the states, only about two-thirds of those having clauses for extenuating circumstances.
My bad. I was referring to recent anti-abortion laws. Nobody in their right mind, in this day and age, would pass an absolute anti-abortion law. Mother's life is just as precious as anybody else's life, if not more.
__________________
Please add your bike's year and model to your signature. Here's why.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HID upgrade kits: VictoryHID.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum