how to fill the gap: aftermarket slip on pipes - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #11
johnah5

ridealittle, I just read your post (thanks Crossroads). How did you attach the tail pipe ends to the rest of the pipe? I see you were using a torch. I don't know how to weld but have a torch.

JH
johnah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
ridealittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnah5 View Post
ridealittle, I just read your post (thanks Crossroads). How did you attach the tail pipe ends to the rest of the pipe? I see you were using a torch. I don't know how to weld but have a torch.

JH
no thats a gas mig welder, i sold my torch set a few years back from lack of use. the pipe pieces i bought fit tight inside the thrush mufflers and i stuck them in and welded around the joint. if you can find a piece that fits tight on the outside of your pipes you could split it and clamp it on. or just drilling and putting 3 or 4 screws around it would probably hold too, or any good muffler shop could weld it for you. just be sure to put the end cap on and make sure everything is even before you attach it.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
visionjohnny

Quote:
Hi all,

I have the Adam bomb slip on pipes and they leave a gap between the end of the pipe and the exhaust tip. I am sure this is the case with the other slip on aftermarket pipes.

Has anyone found something to close that gap and stop the exhaust from getting through there and onto the saddle bags?

Thanks
John
Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #14
Gordstrom

Quote:
Hi all,

I have the Adam bomb slip on pipes and they leave a gap between the end of the pipe and the exhaust tip. I am sure this is the case with the other slip on aftermarket pipes.

Has anyone found something to close that gap and stop the exhaust from getting through there and onto the saddle bags?

Thanks
John
If you are talking about the gap that the exhaust escapes through, you can get exhaust putty and fill it in. Once it get hot, the putty hardens.
Gordstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement