New high for PII - Page 4 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 12-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
Blueline

It would be a big plus if Polaris were to issue a special dividend for year's end. I've seen 7-8 companies offering .10 to$8.00, none of which I own!! I do have Ruger which is issuing a very nice $4.50 special dividend. This might be a good year after all.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #32
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Decided to re-acquire those 300 share when this hit $81.30 today. Let's see how it goes from here. I personally think that this stock should be bought anywhere under $82 due to both fundamentals as well as technicals. I think that this could well be one of those stocks that issues a 'special dividend" prior to the end of the year but I can also see this one going over $100 by mid 2013 so splits and other incentive issues are in play.
Traded out of this position today when the stock got to $85/share around 9:45. Essentially gave up on any type of special dividend and decided to 'close the books' for 2012. See you all again next year! Merry Christmas!

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #33
ndabunka

I was watching this stock over the holiday's and it did dip back down to under $81 on Dec 28th but I stayed away due to the disaster otherwise known as the fiscal cliff. However, I went to check a separate investment I own (and keep more long term trades in) and noticed that although I traded out of one position, I never traded out of this other one so I was (pleasantly) surprised to see I still hold about $20K worth of PII in that account. This was the position I held through ex-dividend and it looks like it is (now) up around 5% since that time.

It looks like the shorts are getting their "butts handed to them" on all fronts. This should make for good short term results for those of us who trade rather than "own" stocks. My on-going #1 position is in Aruba (ARUN) who makes wireless solutions used by enterprise and government organizations & it's up 5% today ALONE and up 17.25% since late November.

Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner

Last edited by ndabunka; 01-02-2013 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
ndabunka

Default For all those "playing along @ home"...

Polaris will announce performance results for the year the morning of the 29th. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/polari...182400872.html

Old 01-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #35
ndabunka

Default Liquidated final position...for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
... Still holding 200 shares @ a strike of around $81.77 now...
When this stock hit $87.52 I liquidated these other 200 shares bringing my current holdings to zip. I know that this site may not care but since I post these occurrences when they happen for historical records, I figured I might just as well post the closing position as well... for now.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #36
ndabunka

Default Recall announced but not hurting the stock...

...at least not hurting it today before the close ($87.81) but things like this CAN and often DO place a drag on earnings so there might be a potential for re-entry on this one before too long.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/polari...212853347.html

Old 01-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #37
ndabunka

Default Jim Cramer speculation driving price higher

It looks like the charlaton Jim Cramer is touting a projected dividend increase out of Polaris which appears to be driving the stock prices higher despite the recall notice. I don't doubt PII 'could" decide to raise their dividend but the timing of Cramer's remarks appears ..."calculated at the very least.."

"Polaris Industries
Polaris Industries (PII) had a stellar year in 2012 -- in the last 12 months, the ATV, motorcycle, and snowmobile maker has rallied around 50%. As one of the best-known names in the motorsports and small utility vehicle segments, PII has little trouble courting customers who’ve decided they’re in the market for a new toy with treads or nubby tires.
Consumer recreation spending looks well positioned to afford Polaris some attractive organic growth for the next few years. But the firm isn’t waiting for sales increases in the market -- it’s been buying complementary brands for its stable, adding names like Indian Motorcycle and more utilitarian offerings such as small electric vehicles used by institutional customers. That combination of market tailwinds and bargain acquisitions should fuel material top line growth in 2013.
Even though the recreational vehicle industry got stomped after the Great Recession, Polaris sports a solid balance sheet. The firm carries more than $470 million in cash and investments, easily offsetting a $107 million debt load. Dividends have historically been a priority for the firm, and a hike to its 37-cent payout looks probable given its balance sheet strength right now. Currently, Polaris yields 1.69% -- I think we’ll see that number climb in the next quarter, possibly after January 29 earnings come out."

Old 01-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #38
Blueline

Wow!! Closed at $91.02 today. That's an all time high.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #39
ndabunka

Default Earnings call scheduled for the morning of 1/29

As some of you have noticed, Polaris stock continued to rise to nearly $94/share recently ($93.89 on Jan 25th). Today there was a pull back which is a bit odd the day before an earnings report as it may indicate that someone knows something about a missed target and dumped shares in advance of the market. However, I viewed this as an opportunity and re-bought 500 shares when the strike went under $90/share today around lunchtime. I figured, what the heck. Let's see if this report is as good as the last one. I see no reason why it wouldn't be as good if not better. Polaris was featured on a number of reports today identifying it as one of the stalwarts of the recent moves bettered only by 2 or 3 others over the same period.

Another thing that is interesting about this quarter's announcement is that it is scheduled for 10am central time which is 30 minutes after the markets have opened. Perhaps this is normal for PII but other stocks often try to report earnings AFTER a market close or just before a market open so reporting while the market is open is IMHO a positive sign as it means that "joe public" has the same access to available trades as do the institutional market makers.

Last edited by ndabunka; 01-28-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #40
ndabunka

Default GREAT opportunity to get in for those on the side lines

Sitting on the PII earnings call and the majority of the call is all VERY positive. About the only oh-hum is the lack of revenues in Europe but with the economy over there, that should not surprise any investor. Snowmobiles are expecting to be (slightly in single digit range) down due to the recent warm start of the winter season.

I was (a bit) surprised to learn that the Indian production plant won't be putting out the newer Indian bikes until mid 2014. I believe that they are still planning on "announcing" the next Indian in 2013 but it looks like nobody will have one in their garage until June/July of 2014!

The stock was down nearly 4 points yesterday from a high of nearly $94 down to $89. The stock rebounded late yesterday to close @ nearly $92. Short sellers are speculating that there will be some (magical) issue that would cause people to sell. In my opinion, that ain't gonna happen and expect the stock to continue upwards.

Today, the short sellers are at it again with a range (so far) of $86.80 to $89.98. I went ahead & bought another 200 shares once it dropped under $87/share a few minutes ago. At this point IMHO this is a SCREAMING buy now and at any levels under $86/share.

Last edited by ndabunka; 02-04-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Decided to put the new buy in a different post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement